[3.8] Arly's Ice shot bower

Thank you for the guide, it's great. Any chance you could give some feedback on my character and tell me where my currency is best spent as of now? I have around 8 exalted orbs.

https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/Eriksson1/characters

Some obvious upgrades to improve my single-target damage would be Dying Sun and Barrage helm enchant (most likely 40% increased damage because it's more affordable). Also, in Path of Building I seem to be getting 7,2k more dps in my Barrage setup if I use "Added Cold Damage Support" instead of "Ice Bite Support" but I'm sure there's something I'm missing here.

In regard to Death's Opus, is it important to get good physical damage stats on it or is the increased critical strike chance the only significant stat?
"
Eriksson1 wrote:
Thank you for the guide, it's great. Any chance you could give some feedback on my character and tell me where my currency is best spent as of now? I have around 8 exalted orbs.

https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/Eriksson1/characters

Some obvious upgrades to improve my single-target damage would be Dying Sun and Barrage helm enchant (most likely 40% increased damage because it's more affordable). Also, in Path of Building I seem to be getting 7,2k more dps in my Barrage setup if I use "Added Cold Damage Support" instead of "Ice Bite Support" but I'm sure there's something I'm missing here.

In regard to Death's Opus, is it important to get good physical damage stats on it or is the increased critical strike chance the only significant stat?

The physical damage from opus is nearly irrelevant and blessed orbs should be cheap enough to get a low implicit high enough. With that said, if you can get one with a little higher pds at little added cost, why not.

Optimal barrage dps will vary based on if you took fangs of frost. It was something I discovered recently and the optimal gem links and passive tree is updated in the main post now. Make sure you are selecting "has frenzy charges" in the configuration of POB you can use mine as a reference point on which boxes to check.

For upgrades with the assumption you want to eventually farm guardians and shaper:
0. get your flask 20 qualitied and similar to mine minus the dying sun
1. getting 20/20 gems by using the gcp recipe on your level 20 gems and releveling them or buying 20/20 corrupted.
2. Buy a 40% barrage damage helm or even +1 barrage projectile if you can afford it
3. 6 link opus + 5 link belly simultaneously to replace our current setup
5. dying sun

Your amulet, belt and quiver are nicely itemized.
IGN: Arlianth
Check out my LA build: 1782214
Last edited by Nephalim on Aug 27, 2017, 3:23:57 AM
Hey, how would my 6 link-ish with the tempes binding look like?
"
ubdsfg wrote:
Hey, how would my 6 link-ish with the tempes binding look like?

What ever PoB tells you is best. I don't use the item personally and would not know.

New shaper vid at 4:23 run time.
Last edited by Nephalim on Aug 27, 2017, 11:54:30 PM
Hello,

First thank you for providing this detailed guide. I've always wanted to try a bow build and i think i'll give this one a go. I have a few questions about the skills you used when you started this league.

- What support gems are more important to get first? Could you provide a step by step gem progression?

- What skill should i use for single target while leveling? Bow builds often seem to struggle with single target at lower levels, so i'll take any advices ! (assuming i start from zero, which means that i haven't got any uniques/leveling gears)

Thank you !
"
jullz wrote:
Hello,

First thank you for providing this detailed guide. I've always wanted to try a bow build and i think i'll give this one a go. I have a few questions about the skills you used when you started this league.

- What support gems are more important to get first? Could you provide a step by step gem progression?

- What skill should i use for single target while leveling? Bow builds often seem to struggle with single target at lower levels, so i'll take any advices ! (assuming i start from zero, which means that i haven't got any uniques/leveling gears)

Thank you !

You should devote every resource to first get a storm cloud then a tabula rasa. I have gotten to level 88 on barely anything other than a tabula rasa and death's opus on several occasions. If you can not get to level 70 reliably and easily without detailed guidance then this build will be far too challenging to compose if your expectation is to do guardian/shaper level content.

1. LA + GMP + WED + pierce + added light + ICS

Before fangs of frost:
2. Barrage + WED + ele focus + added light + ice bite + slower projectiles

End game:
2. Barrage + WED + ele focus + added cold + ice bite + cold pen
Last edited by Nephalim on Aug 28, 2017, 12:39:12 AM
Hey,

Been playing this build for a bit now and really enjoy it. What are your thoughts on the taming prismatic ring? You lose out on some hp and maybe flat lightning damage and what not but gain a ton of ele dmg %. In the videos you seem to do way more damage than i do even with this ring, any clue as to why that might be?

Here is a link to my character: https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/Stanpey/characters

Thanks for the guide and the continual updates/responses!!

Also one more thing, elemental focus shows as alot more dps for me on LA over ICS. Should i use that instead or do you have a specific reason you prefer ICS?
Last edited by Stanpey on Aug 28, 2017, 2:58:16 AM
"
You should devote every resource to first get a storm cloud then a tabula rasa. I have gotten to level 88 on barely anything other than a tabula rasa and death's opus on several occasions. If you can not get to level 70 reliably and easily without detailed guidance then this build will be far too challenging to compose if your expectation is to do guardian/shaper level content.

1. LA + GMP + WED + pierce + added light + ICS

Before fangs of frost:
2. Barrage + WED + ele focus + added light + ice bite + slower projectiles

End game:
2. Barrage + WED + ele focus + added cold + ice bite + cold pen

Hey,

thank you for the fast answer. I actually have a lot of items available and i could rush to endgame easily but i love to do it the hard way.

Have a nice day
"
Stanpey wrote:
Hey,

Been playing this build for a bit now and really enjoy it. What are your thoughts on the taming prismatic ring? You lose out on some hp and maybe flat lightning damage and what not but gain a ton of ele dmg %. In the videos you seem to do way more damage than i do even with this ring, any clue as to why that might be?

Here is a link to my character: https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/Stanpey/characters

Thanks for the guide and the continual updates/responses!!

Also one more thing, elemental focus shows as alot more dps for me on LA over ICS. Should i use that instead or do you have a specific reason you prefer ICS?

The taming has always been a terrible item since it's inception. With no ailment stacks it has only slightly more dps than the following ring and no life to compensate. It is also 200 chaos on harbinger.

If you use focus on LA then you will not shock and more importantly not shatter with herald of ice making your clear speed expoentially worse.

LA is not about dps, it's about coverage (gmp and arrow stacking and aoe propagation (innate chain and herald of ice procs).
Last edited by Nephalim on Aug 28, 2017, 11:46:51 AM
is the all res from belly needed, or could we have a 2nd opus for single target and wear a kaoms

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info