[2.6] Atmotion's 100% fire 'Xogama' Cyclone - Fun, Easy, Cheap, Fast, Endgame Viable (No 5-6L req!)

Guys I have been having problems with being 1 shotted on white maps! What the hell! Everything was fine running this build for 2 weeks and all of a sudden booooommm! Its happened to me 7 times. Don't understand. My build is public so please take a look. Running the 15% reduced Grace version on helmet. I am level 94 and now I am afraid to run anymore cause keep getting 1 shotted. I get killed sometimes even on trash!!

Please help. I love this build but if can't fix problem I will have to change build. Damn!
Sry guys posted above on wrong account. This is my Character Kroc.
"
freedom1023 wrote:
Guys I have been having problems with being 1 shotted on white maps! What the hell! Everything was fine running this build for 2 weeks and all of a sudden booooommm! Its happened to me 7 times. Don't understand. My build is public so please take a look. Running the 15% reduced Grace version on helmet. I am level 94 and now I am afraid to run anymore cause keep getting 1 shotted. I get killed sometimes even on trash!!

Please help. I love this build but if can't fix problem I will have to change build. Damn!

Sry guys posted above on wrong account. This is my Character Kroc.

Forgot to mention that I originally had this build on my level 91 Slayer and had the Brine Helmet and started having the 1 shotted problem. So I switched to the Inquister thinking I had a bug or something with my duelist. However, same thing began happening. I then switched to the 15% reduced Grace helmet and same problem.

Its completely random when it happens. I can be plowing thru trash mobs and baammm 1shotted. No reflect physical or ele on maps and no procupines. hmmmmm
Last edited by Karpenske on Dec 30, 2016, 3:01:35 AM
"
Niean wrote:
I play HC as well, mind me asking what kind of defense you had against ele reflect? I use Sibyls lament and purity of fire and haven't had problems yet. Still only in T10 maps tho.

Basically only Ruby Flask and leech via nodes and warlords mark. Sibyl's Lament would have probably saved me, but I aimed for ele weakness capped resists so I used rare rings.

Last edited by Wilde79 on Dec 30, 2016, 3:24:45 AM
For those that want to be able to confidently deal with reflect and just end those dumb deaths, just reroll Berserker.

I started this fire cyclone on a Slayer, and it was fun, but there were far too many surprise deaths and close calls because of random reflect mobs -- so I shelved it for awhile and eventually rerolled into berserker.

The second I picked up Vaal Pact, never dropped below 90% again. Just afk faceroll most maps and I'm still missing a lot of key nodes and only sitting at 5.3kish HP. You definitely miss the larger duelist AoE and Cull, but it feels pretty good to just never die, and boy does this particular cycloner die a lot to reflect.
Last edited by Anbokr on Dec 30, 2016, 3:48:01 AM
"
Anbokr wrote:
For those that want to be able to confidently deal with reflect and just end those dumb deaths, just reroll Berserker.

I started this fire cyclone on a Slayer, and it was fun, but there were far too many surprise deaths and close calls because of random reflect mobs -- so I shelved it for awhile and eventually rerolled into berserker.

The second I picked up Vaal Pact, never dropped below 90% again. Just afk faceroll most maps and I'm still missing a lot of key nodes and only sitting at 5.3kish HP. You definitely miss the larger duelist AoE and Cull, but it feels pretty good to just never die, and boy does this particular cycloner die a lot to reflect.

Can you post your Beserker tree. I would like to try it and see what happens. I viewed my runs when I would get 1 shotted but didn't run into reflects. Still, I am not confident with the problem of getting 1 shotted every 3-4 maps so maybe its time to switch again. I have a level 92 Berzerker that might do well.

On a different note, how are you all using your flasks? I have what the OP has. Is there a preferred method of using them. Maybe Thats my problem.
Hey guys. First I want to say thank you to the OP. You gave me the idea of the build I run.
I decided to run this build as RT instead of occasional crit (overload) and not use the ammy. I felt the ammy didn't give enough bang to lose all those tasty stats you can get.
I really liked the chaos res an life nodes that are right next to AoF any way so I wanted to make sure I had those and getting AoF is only a few more points.
I found IR and grace just not worth it so decided to run off mana. To mitigate the cost of cyclone I picked up the mana leech in the same circle as all the life leech we get (just the .4%). I also run blashemy with poachers mark as I find the on hit mana/life does more then enough to make up the rest of the mana but also means I dont need to run the LoH gem (another free slot).
If you couldn't tell from my choice of curse, I use frenzy charges. I have a total of 5 with 1 from the tree an 1 from Merciless. They are all round awesomeness for this build with increases to MS and heaps of outright damage. Uptime is almost infinite.
I run a Stone Golem on a cwdt setup joined with IC and (mind blank) that fire shield thing. all at almost max level. The golem gives me 100 regen, the IC ping just enough to mitigate some phys and the shield gives a boost in AR.
as far as survivability goes, I rarely die. I'm pushing t12-14 so far and could do the rest except I dont have any. I farm atziri with ease and uber lab with a little caution, the fights are easy but the traps are sort of hard.
Fully buffed cyclone alone is almost 90k dps. The tooltip on the bursts with GMP is 12k buffed (none of this takes in to account of the massive fire pen and point blank). To boost this I use V lightning trap on gmp for a full screen spread.
Check out my char Dirtyboomboom to see gear, gems and tree if you would like.
Any question let me know and again thanks for the idea mate.
"
"
Anbokr wrote:

Can you post your Beserker tree. I would like to try it and see what happens. I viewed my runs when I would get 1 shotted but didn't run into reflects. Still, I am not confident with the problem of getting 1 shotted every 3-4 maps so maybe its time to switch again. I have a level 92 Berzerker that might do well.

On a different note, how are you all using your flasks? I have what the OP has. Is there a preferred method of using them. Maybe Thats my problem.

I un-privated my characters so you can view it through my account. I got tired of just dying to incidental random sh*t on the slayer so I made this char. Did uber lab at around 72 or 74 and haven't died since I got Vaal Pact.

Feels a lot better so far, but I'll push higher level maps when I get a few more levels, still missing some key damage nodes and a few life nodes I'd like to pick up. Also I'm stil unoptimized as a 6-link belly would probably put me over 6k life compared to my cheaper Astral Plate (but it'll do).

Running Grace + endurance charges from The Red Dream (jewel) puts me consistently over 70% physical mitigation and the immortal call acts as a safety net (though feels like overkill sometimes), and Vaal Pact makes it so you never have to care about reflect rares again. Pretty happy with the results so far.

Would not be surprised if Vaal Pact gets nuked next patch, there's a reason why nearly every top build runs it and it feels like it trivializes so much in this game. As someone who never really played Vaal Pact builds (with friends who always yelled at me to), it's like night and day.
Last edited by Anbokr on Dec 30, 2016, 5:20:44 AM
i try this build ^^
"
Anbokr wrote:

Running this version now and so much fun. I feel confident now not getting 1 shotted randomly. Thanks so much.

One issue, can't seem to get curse on hit working with flammability. I copied your glove setup. Do I need to unlink COH and Flame from Grace and Vengence?

My profile is public. Character I am using is MrCrowley Bezerker. Running Grace and HOA auras only. Dont have Breach so no Red Dream jewel but running Endurance Cry instead for charges. Other than that, my tree and gem setup copycated from your setup.
Last edited by Karpenske on Dec 31, 2016, 3:23:14 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info