Mjolner Nerf was 100% Unjustified

No Mjolner build was top tier in 2.4, and Mjolner required a LOT of investment to be good at all.

Now, it just flat out sucks. GGG, your balance on this makes no sense. If it was a server side issue with how often skills proc, why not buff the damage to compensate? You guys repeatedly leave broken-as-fuck mechanics in the game which require little investment to clear all content with insane speed, but then punish builds which are just good with lots of investment for no apparent reason.

I'm done supporting a game with such nonsensical balance practices.
The 352nd character to hit Level 100 in Standard
The 82nd character to hit Delve 1000 in Standard
Last edited by tackle70 on Dec 3, 2016, 6:22:04 PM
Last bumped on Dec 6, 2016, 10:10:24 PM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
Early bump, some sort of explanation/buff/nerf reversal would be nice to have, seeing how hard is to build around a mjolner compared to a cospri.

I've played mjolner since almost the start and i struggled with the others to keep the build viable even after the 2.4 nerf. It was in an ok spot, it didn't deserve this second, awful nerf.
Now dps and tank are subpar even compared to much cheaper and easier to gear builds
"
tackle70 wrote:
No Mjolner build was top tier in 2.4, and Mjolner required a LOT of investment to be good at all.

Now, it just flat out sucks. GGG, your balance on this makes no sense. If it was a server side issue with how often skills proc, why not buff the damage to compensate? You guys repeatedly leave broken-as-fuck mechanics in the game which require little investment to clear all content with insane speed, but then punish builds which are just good with lots of investment for no apparent reason.

You know your statement is an oxymoron...

You knew way ahead of time it was going to get nerfed... I haven't played in a long while but you have to admit you can't depend on one build these days.
"Another... Solwitch thread." AST
Current Games: :::City Skylines:::Elite Dangerous::: Division 2

"...our most seemingly ironclad beliefs about our own agency and conscious experience can be dead wrong." -Adam Bear
Agree. Most of their nerfs are unjustified, they just don't want people to be able to enjoy certain playstyles.
ProbablyGettingNerfed - L100 Occultist
Vinktarded - L100 Pathfinder
GoogleDiversityHire - L100 Necromancer

3.13 was the pinnacle of PoE. IVYS+1 Gang 4 Life.
"
TheAshmaker wrote:
Agree. Most of their nerfs are unjustified, they just don't want people to be able to enjoy certain playstyles.

Or maybe GGG doesn't appretiate the fact that people trivialize their game .
"
BestMageKR wrote:
"
TheAshmaker wrote:

Or maybe GGG doesn't appretiate the fact that people trivialize their game .

And then release blade furry, a skill so op ghat people were calling for nerfs even before public usage. Logic.

Fact is: mjolner builds were struggling to survive, after 2.4, they didn't trivialize anything at all
"
tackle70 wrote:

100% agree If it was a server side issue, why you even release Cast while Channelling what bring even more server issue. Buff Mjolner, add additional property to Mjolner +1 to level of socketed lighting gems and replace 40% increase lighting damage to 30% more lighting damage to compensate.
Last edited by SerenaDrake on Dec 3, 2016, 9:08:56 PM
Cast when Channeling is debate-ably superior to the current version of Mjolner, as it has a 0.35 s cooldown at max level, a more multiplier, and can combo with 3 usuable supports for both the triggered and triggering skill.

Sigh.

Life based not only got a 60% dmg nerf but also a 60% healing nerf due to less kingsguard healing. So you'd need to buff kingsguard to 250 life per charge as well as do 150% more elemental damage on Mjolner to compensate.
Theorycrafter/Build Creator for PORTAL guild
@BlightScourge -> guide @ view-thread/1382667 (Retired till Mjolner is fixed)
Lvl 94 Crit Mjolner Marauder
twitch.tv/savagewolves
I'm still fairly certain that they didn't really compare Mjölnir and Cospris, they just use the same variable for the CD so they applied the new CD to both.

After that Mjölnir does require a bit of tuning. Just upping the proc chance doesn't really do much.

However I would prefer it if the item would actually be good at was it was supposed to do. Right now it is basically a Discharge proc tool and Cospris can do the same, so whatever you do one of them will always be better.

So Mjölnir should just be pushed away from Discharge and grant some severe boni to Arc. What I would allow Mjölnir to do is double the damage when a Chain ends. The only lightning gem that is able to chain is Arc. So Arc would deal double damage whenever the Chain ends or has no further mob to jump to. And with this mod you would get a clear lever to adjust Mjölnir, because this number can be moved up and down according to balance requirements. In theory Spark could be used as well, but I'm not sure if Spark works that well with few supports.

And to be fair, triggered discharge creates all kinds of issues, it is so strong that most triggers have to be nerfed heavily, which makes triggering other spells a lot weaker in comparison. I would actually prefer it if they won't allow that and turn Cospris into a screen freezer that shots Frostbolts, Freezing Pulse etc. And Mjölnir would drown the screen in lightning, not too much lightning but a fair bit.

Why Mjolner should be push away from discharge ? People should choose self which skill should be socketed in Mjolner you can use both skills as well. And dont forget Discharge need any source of charges to be triggered while all another skill dont ,it should be stronger.
Last edited by SerenaDrake on Dec 3, 2016, 8:56:08 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info