Mjolner Nerf was 100% Unjustified

"
SerenaDrake wrote:
Why mjolner should be push away from discharge ? people should choose self which skill should be socketed in Mjolner you can use both skills as well. And dont forget Discharge need any source of charges to be triggered while all another skill dont ,it should be stronger.

Well the thing is, one attack with Mjölnir will grant 1 charge, a power charge from Romira. Next Discharge consumes that charge and turns it into an endurance charge, while also hitting an enemy creating another power charge. Now Mjölnir hits again and creates another Power Charge and discharge consumes those 2 power charges and 1 endurance charge. And from now on each discharge will consume 2 endurance and 2 power charges.

And yes Volls is very expensive, but this mechanic is what got Mjölnir nerfed and what also holds it back as an item. Because you cannot improve mjölnir in anyway that benefits discharge. Because while this would make the weapon cool with other skills it would again be pretty op with discharge.

Also it is Mjölnir, it shots lightning and yet there is hardly anyone using that weapon with Arc or Storm Call which are the two skills that mostly follow the fantasy of the weapon.
You forget that : On Boss you able to create 3 max 4 chages even with Molten strike + GMP because Mjolner has 100% change to trigger ,if you has more charges you must socked arc or another skill for discharge and what halved number of discharges(only juggernaut able to create 6 or more charges) + you lose 1 ring slot for romira and amulet slot for Volls Devotion.(Sorry for my English but im think you uderstand that i mean)
Last edited by SerenaDrake on Dec 3, 2016, 9:34:22 PM
Actually I thought about that. There is no reason to use Molten Strike on a boss. You will always proc Mjölnir. So you could totally cheese everything.

a) Warchief might be able to proc Mjölnir, but I think it only uses the Mainhand weapon, so Mjölnir must be there

b) Offhand has to be a Dagger, Claw or Sword, best is a LGoH Claw

c) Place the totem on the boss and use Bladeflurry with Cast while Channeling + Firestorm + Bladevortex.

Blade Vortex and Firestorm will create a few Power charges (although honestly try whatever skill you want^^) while the Warchief totem hits the boss and discharges. I'm not 100% sure if that works, but it is my take on being creative, because discharge doesn't care much about the CD, it only cares about charges, so you need new creative ways to get charges.
Shit was garbage it's like they thought of malice is good it must mean Mjonler is good too

Nope their clueless
Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr
Lightning spells that benefit from Mjolner's chain:

Arc
Tempest Shield
Orb of Storms

And that's it. Of those only Arc benefits from the cast on hit since Tempest Shield only goes off on block and Orb of Storms can only be self cast.

Since CWC got mentioned, instead of hitting with Mjolner you can just use Mjolner mainhand and Hyaon's in your offhand then use Blade Flurry with CWC and Arc and whatever lightning supports. Assuming stuff doesn't die from Blade Flurry before Arc even goes off.
"

Arc
Tempest Shield
Orb of Storms

Okay, first of all, can orb of storms even get triggered? I thought you can only cast it manually. Also sprak is a thing...

"
Emphasy wrote:
Also it is Mjölnir, it shots lightning and yet there is hardly anyone using that weapon with Arc or Storm Call which are the two skills that mostly follow the fantasy of the weapon.

T_T i did!

left hand: Arc - Ele Focus - Lightning Pen
right hand: Shock Nova - Innervate - Cull

Dual Strike dat shit, it was insane!
Bump for justice... Mjolner is total shit right now. Just tested. With GG gear it's slow as molasses at killing things even in T10 maps. Just straight garbage.

This was not justified at all, GGG.

Even tried dual wielding it; it's still terrible.
The 352nd character to hit Level 100 in Standard
The 82nd character to hit Delve 1000 in Standard
Last edited by tackle70 on Dec 6, 2016, 11:48:08 AM
Ye, nerfs seem pretty arbitrary at times. Remember Cloak of Defiance ? Much Logic.
"
Scherge wrote:
"

Arc
Tempest Shield
Orb of Storms

Okay, first of all, can orb of storms even get triggered? I thought you can only cast it manually. Also sprak is a thing...

To quote the second paragraph I wrote:
"
And that's it. Of those only Arc benefits from the cast on hit since Tempest Shield only goes off on block and Orb of Storms can only be self cast.

I do stand corrected on Spark though. Just tested it with Chain and Roth's Reach. Chain even makes the projectiles behave a bit better from the looks of it.

Whether chain is useful for some spark setup is something I don't know.
"
"
Scherge wrote:
"

Arc
Tempest Shield
Orb of Storms

To quote the second paragraph I wrote:
"

I do stand corrected on Spark though. Just tested it with Chain and Roth's Reach. Chain even makes the projectiles behave a bit better from the looks of it.

Whether chain is useful for some spark setup is something I don't know.

Sorry, my bad. I happened to overread that second paragraph.

I messed around with DW mjölner before and after the nerf and all i can say is spark really isn't that satisfying to me =/

And regarding orb of storms, i really wasn't using my brain there ... the chain is global, isn't it?
Well still sucks for good ol' mjölner because the orb doesn't react to spells triggered by the hammer ... we wouldn't want the thing to be op, would we?
Last edited by Scherge on Dec 6, 2016, 9:56:01 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info