@GGG - Could someone explain why Mjolner is having its cooldown increased? [new 2.6 changes :P]

Early afternoon bump. It'd be nice to have official answers/explanations
"
Evander1992 wrote:
Early afternoon bump. It'd be nice to have official answers/explanations

I think the balance team don't have a clue either why they nerfed mjolnir lol. I'm starting to think they just watch a few videos and read a few forum posts about builds being to powerful and then they change a few random numbers each patch hoping for the best and call it balance.
My LL Mjolner is totaly screw with such a low proc rate i dont have enough leech to do even t10 maps i have 6000 ES and damage is ridicolous low i need over 10 sec to kill just a rare Necromancer and that without elementar resistence map mod.

Bump for justice ,unnerf Mjolner make this lighting god hammer great again!!!
Over 100 posts and closing on 2.5k thread views!

Keep it up guys, hoepfully we can get a response soon!

Maybe 2.5.0b will revert the change...

-Savage
Theorycrafter/Build Creator for PORTAL guild
@BlightScourge -> guide @ view-thread/1382667 (Retired till Mjolner is fixed)
Lvl 94 Crit Mjolner Marauder
twitch.tv/savagewolves
Actually you might have a chance to just PM or Mail one of the guys. If a topic is mostly polite and actually describing the issues that players have this might get a reaction. Or you could ask them if they plan another Q&A which they do every so often.

I really think they wanted to normalize most of those CDs, which they now have except for CoC which has a higher one, other triggers are all 250 if I'm not mistaken. However I don't think they had a clear enough grasp oh how Mjölnir was doing and that just setting the proc rate to 100% doesn't do it. Of course setting the proc rate to 100 means you won't waste procs due to not triggering the spell after the CD is over, but that hardly compensates for the changes.

Malice though honestly I feel it is worse than before, because it works with Blade Flurry.
"
Emphasy wrote:
Actually you might have a chance to just PM or Mail one of the guys. If a topic is mostly polite and actually describing the issues that players have this might get a reaction. Or you could ask them if they plan another Q&A which they do every so often.

I really think they wanted to normalize most of those CDs, which they now have except for CoC which has a higher one, other triggers are all 250 if I'm not mistaken. However I don't think they had a clear enough grasp oh how Mjölnir was doing and that just setting the proc rate to 100% doesn't do it. Of course setting the proc rate to 100 means you won't waste procs due to not triggering the spell after the CD is over, but that hardly compensates for the changes.

Malice though honestly I feel it is worse than before, because it works with Blade Flurry.

I'll consider that. Who would be the best to target? Rory? Chris? Mark? I don't exactly know who is in charge of balance/who the best person would be.
Theorycrafter/Build Creator for PORTAL guild
@BlightScourge -> guide @ view-thread/1382667 (Retired till Mjolner is fixed)
Lvl 94 Crit Mjolner Marauder
twitch.tv/savagewolves
AKA GGG realizing that automation is the worst thing to ever happen and slowly phasing it out from the demi-god build addicts.

Seriously though.
Harvest sucks! But look at my decked out gear two weeks in!

Labyrinth salt farm miner.

"But my build diversity" , "Game is too hard!" - Meta drone playing the same 1-3 builds for years.
No one knows who is in charge of balance; that's one of the problems. Seriously, maybe Chris?
Censored.
"
No one knows who is in charge of balance; that's one of the problems.

I knew that the whole thing was... not very public. But... are you saying that literally nobody has the slightest clue?

So lemme get this straight. GGG has a long history of balls to the walls lunacy in their balance changes. I've lived through a lot of that. The stereotype of GGG just watching vids/forums and nerfing random crap with no apparent plan or modus operandi... that stereotype exists for a reason, even if we don't know it to actually be true and we say it mostly as a joke. It's obvious to the playerbase that GGG doesn't respect the time investment of players who seek out powerful things to play. The entire idea of legacy is a mess. Premium tabs are a blatant pay-for-convenience business model (I actually wouldn't have any problem with that at all if it wasn't for Legacy being a mess so often). And now, you're telling me that we don't have *any* idea who is responsible???

That is not just insane... that is unethical and unacceptable. I can't think of any multiplayer game I've ever played where the playerbase would be ok not knowing who is responsible at the office. For example, Guild Wars 2 is largely transparent and ooooh, boi, would people throw a fit if ArenaNet changed things up and put everything behind a curtain.
Last edited by RoseAndThorn on Dec 7, 2016, 1:39:26 AM
"
zSavage wrote:
Maybe 2.5.0b will revert the change...

too bad there's still no reaction on that topic... *earlyafternoonbump*
check out my hideout templates at https://hideoutshowcase.com/viewprofile/Noooberino/uploads

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info