2.5 Patch notes TL;DR

I wouldn't say the Warchief has "a little" less range. It's down to +10 Melee Range. For reference, Protector hits at +16, and currently the Warchief easily hits at that range half-again. It frankly seems a little low for a main Skill, if you ask me. Wouldn't be surprised if it's all but dead.
The Wormblaster death could be a good thing since it's overloading the server CPU. Nevertheless, most crit build will suffer from the flask charge gain on crit changes.
New flask setup would be having only has 1 flask with surgeon mod and the rest non-surgeon type.
Patchnotes TLDR

Wait for the next expansion untill we bait you into the next expansion infinite loop
"
Vipermagi wrote:
I wouldn't say the Warchief has "a little" less range. It's down to +10 Melee Range. For reference, Protector hits at +16, and currently the Warchief easily hits at that range half-again. It frankly seems a little low for a main Skill, if you ask me. Wouldn't be surprised if it's all but dead.

I dunno, I've talked to people who used the skill last patch. I told them it would probably be nerfed. Some of them said that even with a 25% damage reduction the skill would still be good.

You also have to remember that the range is now at the center of the AoE (though it was off before).

I don't think the nerfs are going to be enough to knock it out of the meta spotlight.
Theorycrafter/Build Creator for PORTAL guild
@BlightScourge -> guide @ view-thread/1382667 (Retired till Mjolner is fixed)
Lvl 94 Crit Mjolner Marauder
twitch.tv/savagewolves
"
zSavage wrote:
fixed BV damage calcs. It's actually a DPS buff...

That's all I needed to hear. Leveled up a BV CI build from 1-72 in standard over 3 days (just practising for new league, didnt use any existing items or currency untill 70+). I am glad to hear that it should be stronger and I can do the exact same build on breach and carry it into endgame =)
Last edited by MyNameIsSalo on Nov 30, 2016, 5:30:01 AM
"
Enzari wrote:
"
zSavage wrote:
"
Enzari wrote:
How exactly are summoners gonna be meta from this patch?

There's a reason I put a ? by it.

Summoners are lurking under the radar atm. An aurabot modified slightly for summons can be extremely powerful (I had a friend that did this last league). With the increases to minion ele res, the survivability of the minions will go up which only strengthens these builds.

You do realize that their 40% elemental resist is up from 35%, chaos res is the only thing buffed kinda. It went from 0% to 20%. Spectres don't die in the first place, so their res is good, but useless endgame

While many never tried and complain, summoners nuke all endgame content, literally! Shaper, uber etc! Talk if you tried it.
No Problem,
Exile
"
MyNameIsSalo wrote:
"
zSavage wrote:
fixed BV damage calcs. It's actually a DPS buff...

That's all I needed to hear. Leveled up a BV CI build from 1-72 in standard over 3 days (just practising for new league, didnt use any existing items or currency untill 70+). I am glad to hear that it should be stronger and I can do the exact same build on breach and carry it into endgame =)

I feel the same as you. Yesterday i was praticing for new league with BV and leveled to 46 in a afternoon, the skill playstyle is really fun and fast. Feel's good to know that it keep viable.
The patch notes in a nutshell?
"We "nerfed" blade vortex. Again. This is a buff."
I make dumb builds, therefore I am.
"
zSavage wrote:
I dunno, I've talked to people who used the skill last patch. I told them it would probably be nerfed. Some of them said that even with a 25% damage reduction the skill would still be good.

Damage ain't the problem no, but they'll be much worse at actually targeting enemies.

"
zSavage wrote:
You also have to remember that the range is now at the center of the AoE (though it was off before).

Uh... You do know that this is The Nerf that I'm talking about, right?

Warchiefs currently can set the centre of their AoE approximately 30 units away from them, it varies based on the total Radius modifier. This is what gives them such amazing pack clearing speed; you can just kinda place them wherever and they'll target three packs worth of enemies.

Without this, the Warchief cannot target enemies beyond their piddly +10 Melee range - it's like playing Warchiefs with zero Increased Radius and Concentrated Effect linked.

Just for an example of the difference, log on and set up a Warchief with Increased Radius. Figure out the distance at which it can target enemies (don't pay attention to the radius of the blast). Then, swap for Conc. Then imagine the range being slightly worse than the Conc'ed range.
"
zSavage wrote:
-Lightning Warbands do more damage hope this doesn't affect the ball lightning thing they leave when they die

Wouldn't bet on it, they like their reactive effects strong, especially anti melee ones.

"
Vipermagi wrote:
Without this, the Warchief cannot target enemies beyond their piddly +10 Melee range - it's like playing Warchiefs with zero Increased Radius and Concentrated Effect linked.

With the increased weapon range it will be around 20 which is ok-ish, the skill will still be extremely strong but the placement will be more important. It's still nowhere near the amount of hassle you went through with old 100% knockback Shockwaves, which cost 150+ mana a pop by the way, Warchief costs almost nothing.
Wish the armchair developers would go back to developing armchairs.

◄[www.moddb.com/mods/balancedux]►
◄[www.moddb.com/mods/one-vision1]►
Last edited by raics on Nov 30, 2016, 6:25:12 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info