Content Update 2.5.0 Patch Notes

"
Squrl wrote:
I specifically remember what killed Blizzard's games for me is when they decided that "everything needs to be perfectly balanced". We want OP stuff, it's what makes the game fun - finding and playing with OP stuff. I was going to play blade flurry this season but now I don't even want to play that character, I might just go play the new Hearthstone expansion. I have been playing since beta and until today I was super hyped for Breach..this is the first time that I am legitimately disappointed.

Agreed. The fun is in decimating entire screens in the blink of an eye. The fun isn't in struggling not to get one-shotted by pathetic little monkeys.

You give us tons of enemies at once. Let us kill tons of enemies at once. Accept the rule of cool and profit.
"
Chalace wrote:
I'm laughing at the blatant irony of all you people complaining about CoC and Cospris etc. Complaining that there are op meta builds resulting in a lack of -competative build; while you, at the same time, utilize them because they are "fun" is a joke.

Pretty much any build can clear the majority of the content, sure it might take 4 or 5 minutes to clear a map instead of 2, but so what? Lets be realistic here, you use them because they are blatantly op as hell, no other reason. Please explain how Cospri discharge was fun to play, charging through a map so fast you cant even see whats going on; more importantly, allowing you to ignore all mobs and mechanics... its just bullshit. (fyi, i do have a cospris, and tried it)

Really wish people would just play what they like, instead of mindlessly following op build without ever trying other things, assuming they are garbage because some self righteous streamer said so. God forbid you might actually have to interact with the millions of other people playing to help overcome a boss you get stuck on or something.

I haven't played cospris, so I don't know if it's OP, but discharger mjolner was just for the fun, the damage was miles away from good.

Used to take ages to kill the guardians (not even possible to kill the Sharper cause of the lack of damage), but still it was fun. After this nerf it will surelly be pure crap.
no ty. i leave poe. gl ggg
"
Putkiaivo wrote:
"
Blade Vortex has been refactored. Instead of separate hits for each active blade, the blades now increase the frequency at which all enemies in the radius take damage, and the amount of damage they take. The skill now has a base hit frequency of 600ms and has 10% increased hit rate per active blade. Its damage has been reduced by 30% at all levels and it deals 30% more damage per active blade.

I dont understand that completely.

So does that mean your "low-stacks" aoe clearing will be slightly worse, but boss killing even stronger. If u did same amount of damage per each stack just with more hits/ per blade, now you do more damage to whole area/ per stack and not depending how many blades enemy is getting hit by.

Anyone who can do the math?

ps. Are the skill duratin nodes now even more useful for it too?

I'll try doing some math, and hopefully someone will correct me if I'm misunderstanding how the skill actually works (notice it is not clear whether the 30% more damage and the 10% increased hit rate apply on the first active blade or per ADDITIONAL blade after the first (it says per activa blade, which looks like the former), but I've done the math for both cases (and i really hope it's the latter)).

For the former:
At 1 blade active:
1.833 hits per second with 0.91 damage per hit = 66.8% increase in damage
At 2 blades active:
2 hits per second with 1.12 damage per hit = 12% increase in damage

It falls down to a 12.88% decrease in damage with 6 blades active and climbs back up doing roughly the same damage as before with 13 blades, and then reaches a 22.5% increase in damage with 20 blades active. Doesn't look good...

For the latter:
At 1 blade active:
1.666 hits per second with 0.7 damage per hit = 16.6% increase in damage
At 2 blades active:
1.833 hits per second with 0.91 damage per hit = 16.5% decrease in damage

It falls down to a 28% decrease in damage with 5 active blades and climbs back up doing roughly the same damage as before with 16 blades active, and then reaches a 13.34% increase in damage with 20 blades active. Looks a bit better...

However, in both cases the damage output with maximum blades is actually increased, meaning that if the builds focus on sustaining 20 stacks they are actually BUFFED (yeah, cast speed and skill duration will be at a premium for sure). There is a difference in the reliability of the life steal though, since now there are considerably less hits per second from 2 stacks on, but they are perfectly periodical, which they weren't before. Also, if the latter case is correct, it wouldn't hurt to add the "additional" active blade, if it's the former, congrats, you just massively buffed the most broken skill in the game...

As for the AoE, the skill already dealt damage to the whole area with each hit, despite the visual effect being misleading, so the enemies were always hit by all blades as long as they were inside the AoE, no change there...
Oh WOW, this patch has soooo many great things it's crazy !

No melee rework yet, but I guess we can wait for 3.0.0 for that.

I feel like there are just too many uniques being added though, only thing I don't really like about the patch notes, the rest is amazing <3.

Now needs a tuning down of some end game bosses / monsters imho, even just slightlu
SSF is not and will never be a standard for balance, it is not for people entitled to getting more without trading.
Last edited by Fruz on Nov 29, 2016, 10:14:18 PM
Chris Wilson standing at the bar. Looks sheepishly at his lead developer after reading the proposed patch notes. With an evil, sadistic grin he nerfs the mighty Mjolnir for its last time. "Ya, that's how you rip their hearts out". "Oh, and call it a buff" he snickers.
1 charge per 250ms at -one- of the equipted flasks for harvest Oo thats a dead item too :D

IGN = Tominsideeeee

"
Chalace wrote:
Really wish people would just play what they like

That's so important people play builds they like but they are taking away builds we liked to play and limiting us to only a few builds every new patch. New meta, totems since its the next best thing. Anyone else just get bored of the thought of that.
I love the standard mouthbreathers whining about the currency they spent on a build. It's called dumpster league for a reason.
"
Fruz wrote:
Oh WOW, this patch has soooo many great things it's crazy !

No melee rework yet, but I guess we can wait for 3.0.0 for that.

I feel like there are just too many uniques being added though, only thing I don't really like about the patch notes, the rest is amazing <3.

More uniques, more fun things to mess with.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info