Device Error ShaderD3D9.cpp:157

I'm getting the same issue. Guess I'll go play Diablo 3, shit game but at least the support there responds to its play base/customers. And to think I was going to buy a supporter pack. GG, GGG.
Okay so I did a fresh install of the game last night and today played fine did all kinds of maps and regular game areas. Went into a map unided and it had beyond modifier. The same as my previous map that was causing crashes. I think the beyond demons are causing some kind of an issue the directx ex 9 driver, but i cant be certain.

Edit 1: Switched to DX11 no more crashes during the map. not sure if the Dx9 ex9 driver is just not working anymore with some of the new drivers or what the issue is.

Best of luck to everyone else.
Last edited by Arsengio on Dec 12, 2016, 1:04:18 AM
I got the same issue and that's pretty annoying, the game in unplayable for me. And sometimes my game turns off when I JUST WANT TO SWITCH CHARS. Nice GGG really enjoyable gameplay 10/10
Captain here. This shader issue is being caused by certain MTXs. The reason why GGG won't respond to you guys is because they don't want to refund the players. They would rather keep in the dark and try to fix the problem before they're forced to give money back to the players. While the players sit here and wonder what is up, they ignore you and keep to themselves in hopes that they can keep their money at the expense of your frustration and anger. *flies away*
+1 regarding this.
760 gtx with latest drivers
= same issue shaderd3d9.cpp keeps crashing randomly for both clients 32/64.
+1 to angry mob.
For about 3 days now this game become unplayable for me because of this.
And so far no response from GGG.
Hope there will be a solution soon.

Best of Luck for u all
+1
x
Last edited by Geeza on Dec 19, 2016, 6:31:42 AM
i got this after joining a 6 player party a few days ago.

- reinstalled the game and drivers
- still crashing every 5 mins (D3D Shader Error 157)
- getting error messages, that u have to close every 5 seconds to continue playing (Exception: "Device Error: ..\Device\D3D11\ShaderD3D11.cpp : 276")
- also tried different settings (bit and dx version)
- deleted all temp folders
- tried it in admin mode too

edit: it crashes for me everytime now, when navali is on the screen. if i manage to enter my hideout shes missing textures (i guess) and the game crashes.

edit 2: dx11 mode seems to be the most stable one. no complete game crashed seem to happen, just those error boxes u have to click every 5 seconds.
[GER] - IGN: HowToHarvest
Last edited by trudikampfschaf on Dec 22, 2016, 2:16:03 AM
Same here Happening since 2 hours ago, reinstalled path of exile, drivers updated and reverted both didn't work changed grahpic settings turned off loot filter etc. reinstalled windows and path of exile again tried everything i could think of nothing worked. I geuss im going to play league of legends till they fix this lol...

Specs:

GTX 980 ti
i7 5820k
MSI X99S SLI Krait Edition
Running Poe on a ssd
ddr4 hyperx ram
IGN = @Head_Hunter

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info