Device Error ShaderD3D9.cpp:157

I was having these issues like mad. Many bosses would trigger the crash as well ans almost always on beyond maps.

I switched from the steam client to the standalone client and have been playing a few hours with no crashes. Including running a crazy sextant enhanced double beyond shaped strand map that had 30% pack size.
Had those problems too. Lost all the fun for a few days.

Here is my solution:

Since somebody proposed it could be caused by mtx, i removed my breach weapon effect. I also switched from dx9 to dx9ex. Now everything workes fine again.

I dont know which of those two made the difference, but it is worth a shot.
Hi,
Windows7 + nvdia720gt , with the new 2.5.2d the game is now unplayable for me, i have multiples "Device Error ShaderD3D9.cpp:157" crash per hour on maps, even standing in hideout the game sometimes crash.
The worst is atziri i just can't do her since the game crash all the time , sometimes i use 8 portals just because of the crash .
Same for breachlord , witch is even more frustrating ... so yeah here goes my chayula splinters ...Oh and if the game crash too close to some monsters you'll die wouldn't be fun otherwise .

This is really frustrating each update the game become more and more unplayable on my config, i understand that's the game is not really aimed at low pc config, so i guess the next thing i have to try is buying a new cg.
Anyone find a fix for this yet? I can't even open my game because it crashes on opening from this error.
I hope GGG drop a fix here. Cant play Path of exile.

P.S.: I found a fix for this, It´s deleting shadercacheXXXX folders in path of exile dir.
I am able to play now.

Curious thing: I got more fps with grafhics in high than in medium...DX11
Last edited by matamepoko on Feb 14, 2017, 6:09:45 AM
I also have the 280 shader problem.

So far I've tracked it to having something to do predominantly with blue packs, so likely a magic effect.
It seems to be connected with some effect that happens when the enemy takes notice of the player.
I've also noticed (although that may be bias) it to happen more often in the spider lair tileset based maps than elsewhere.

EDIT: Oh right, it also (i think) almost if not exclusively happens in dark maps. So perhaps it is an interaction between the player's light-radius effect with the above mentioned.
Last edited by Reozul on Feb 19, 2017, 10:51:05 AM
I would just like to say for me it happens more commonly in towns, especially act 3.
I hope this small tidbit helps get it fixed. I would also like to suggest recently added microtransactions since this seems to be somehow related to rendering from the video card "device".

I was a tech forever ago so I may not be caught up on how everything works anymore, please don't flame me for simply trying to help. Merely making a suggestion on where to look.

Edit: Or possibly errors from "breach" generation?
Last edited by Sweethart on Feb 20, 2017, 2:54:25 PM
I started getting this on EVERY time I hit Kaom's.
I am getting these errors almost every time I do a map. Or Zana's quest.
It started with 2.5.2 I think:

I hope it will be resolved soon. Thanks for any feedback.
http://imgur.com/a/7TMxZ

3 times in a row. 2nd Izaro phase in todays uber lab.
Last edited by YourFather on Feb 22, 2017, 9:37:01 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info