Trading ''improvements'' still in progress.

"
Heli0nix wrote:
Tought this sentence would be enough to understand the whole thing sorry if i didn't took time to explain anything was bit busy.

Basicly Bavirius i get your point you could replace it in no time as many could do that the thing i wanted to point is without a website indexer ( and improvements that followed ) or an inbuilt system this game would have died really fast with the trading chat only.

I think at some points it's necessary to understand even the game beeing super rich in term of content and depth, even beeing adept of the "less is more" some parts like trading can't be ignored and lack totaly of any polishing.

I get what you're saying. Don't get me wrong, but stating a game would 'die' without something that the community would always provide is like saying you would die if you stopped drinking for a week. While true, it would never happen and is kind of pointless to point out as a result.

Everything depends on something nowadays.
Carry on my waypoint son, there'll be peace when maps are done.
Lay your portal gem to rest, don't you die no more.

'Cause it's a bitter sweet symphony this league.
Try to make maps meet, you're a slave to the meta, then you leave.
"
Xavathos wrote:
"
Torin wrote:
"
e1337donkey wrote:
"Improvements" implies that there is trade in this game. GGG have yet to design a trade system of their own. Much respect to the man/woman who designed poe.trade and keeps it up, cause wow this game would be different without it.

I haven't really seen GGG address trading in this game on any level except to take money from players. Yeah... I'm still bitter about that one.

I tried to play it seriously before poe.trade existed and I quit for years because it was unplayable due to drop rates for useful stuff being close to 0.

I would prefer a special trading not allowed league but I would expect drop rates to improve by a lot and costs to making your own 5L and 6L to be reduced by a lot.

If you want a no-trading league, here's a golden tip:

Play the game without trading. You're welcome.

Here is a tip from me. Learn to read and then answer posts. You are welcome.

"
Xavathos wrote:

I get what you're saying. Don't get me wrong, but stating a game would 'die' without something that the community would always provide is like saying you would die if you stopped drinking for a week. While true, it would never happen and is kind of pointless to point out as a result.

See, assuming a game's community would provide....Anything? Is a massive failure by the game's makers. So the Wiki and POE Trade should be constant sources of shame to the POE Devs. "Yay, the community did something nice....Except, WE should have done it. Awwww"

Not only that...What if the community, IDK...DIDN'T? If the community did NOT provide, if there had NEVER been a POE Trade, and all we had was Trade Chat...

Do you think the game would be alive today?

Nobody, not even the community, can assume that the community will provide something. Even the people going "If POE Trade died, I'd replace it"...What if they can't, for some reason? They get fired, and can't afford internet. Computer breaks and they can't afford to replace it. They die, or just end up in the hospital. They could go blind. So many various ways that they could end up, purely by accident, happenstance, and life in general, unable to replace POE Trade.

I see a lot of people in threads like these going "I'd replace POE Trade", or "It's okay for GGG to rely on the community to provide something like POE Trade".....And my general response is, "Maybe you could, but you can't promise that for sure.", and "No, a game needs to be complete without the community."

As for all the AH people and BS....I don't want an Auction House. Nor do many people using AH as a descriptor. What I want, and what I see people describe as an AH...Is a store that directly interacts, sans a second player. IE, I list Unique A for 1 Chaos. A player says, I want that! They hit a button saying they'll pay that. 1 Chaos appears in my tab, and the Unique appears in their tab, and we're done...Even if I'm AFK, Offline, DCed, or in another league. And I'll never know until I go to my sales tab and get the C. QoL improvements are easy on that, things like a listing of what has sold, instant transference to my currency tab if I have one, or maybe just my first tab if I don't.....Various options.

In the end, that's what people want in POE. A way to trade without having to deal witb AFKs, offlines, DCeds, people ignoring you, people in lab or Atz/UberAtz/Shaper/Guardian, or people in another league who don't want to swap. So many times and reasons people don't trade...A system could and SHOULD be made to circumvent that. No reason not to.

As for the people with the chinese gold seller worries...You realize we already HAVE a POE equivalent, right? They've been here longer than I've been playing, and they're very visible. Hang in General 1-5 and you'll start seeing the spam eventually. Adding this system won't make MORE of them. It'll make things easier for them, yes...But only because a system like that would make things easier on EVERYONE playing the game, and they'd benefit kinda by accident.

Should we ALL suffer because we want to make the tiny subset of RMT sellers and buyers suffer? Seems rather foolish, don't you think? What's that old saying..."Would you cut off your nose to spite your face?"

- Sheepster
"
Nssheepster wrote:
"
Xavathos wrote:

See, assuming a game's community would provide....Anything? Is a massive failure by the game's makers. So the Wiki and POE Trade should be constant sources of shame to the POE Devs. "Yay, the community did something nice....Except, WE should have done it. Awwww"

Not only that...What if the community, IDK...DIDN'T? If the community did NOT provide, if there had NEVER been a POE Trade, and all we had was Trade Chat...

Do you think the game would be alive today?

Nobody, not even the community, can assume that the community will provide something. Even the people going "If POE Trade died, I'd replace it"...What if they can't, for some reason? They get fired, and can't afford internet. Computer breaks and they can't afford to replace it. They die, or just end up in the hospital. They could go blind. So many various ways that they could end up, purely by accident, happenstance, and life in general, unable to replace POE Trade.

I see a lot of people in threads like these going "I'd replace POE Trade", or "It's okay for GGG to rely on the community to provide something like POE Trade".....And my general response is, "Maybe you could, but you can't promise that for sure.", and "No, a game needs to be complete without the community."

As for all the AH people and BS....I don't want an Auction House. Nor do many people using AH as a descriptor. What I want, and what I see people describe as an AH...Is a store that directly interacts, sans a second player. IE, I list Unique A for 1 Chaos. A player says, I want that! They hit a button saying they'll pay that. 1 Chaos appears in my tab, and the Unique appears in their tab, and we're done...Even if I'm AFK, Offline, DCed, or in another league. And I'll never know until I go to my sales tab and get the C. QoL improvements are easy on that, things like a listing of what has sold, instant transference to my currency tab if I have one, or maybe just my first tab if I don't.....Various options.

In the end, that's what people want in POE. A way to trade without having to deal witb AFKs, offlines, DCeds, people ignoring you, people in lab or Atz/UberAtz/Shaper/Guardian, or people in another league who don't want to swap. So many times and reasons people don't trade...A system could and SHOULD be made to circumvent that. No reason not to.

As for the people with the chinese gold seller worries...You realize we already HAVE a POE equivalent, right? They've been here longer than I've been playing, and they're very visible. Hang in General 1-5 and you'll start seeing the spam eventually. Adding this system won't make MORE of them. It'll make things easier for them, yes...But only because a system like that would make things easier on EVERYONE playing the game, and they'd benefit kinda by accident.

Should we ALL suffer because we want to make the tiny subset of RMT sellers and buyers suffer? Seems rather foolish, don't you think? What's that old saying..."Would you cut off your nose to spite your face?"

I agree with you entirely. My issue wasn't with the reason this thread was made or even your opinion on it.

Just.. blanket statements like 'game will die' are pointless. You don't know, I don't know, Chris doesn't know and it doesn't matter.

We need to focus on what we have, not what we could lose. Anything could happen outside the game that could affect it fatally. Literally.

Like I said, I agree trade needs attention. Perhaps even desperately.
Carry on my waypoint son, there'll be peace when maps are done.
Lay your portal gem to rest, don't you die no more.

'Cause it's a bitter sweet symphony this league.
Try to make maps meet, you're a slave to the meta, then you leave.
We may not KNOW, but that doesn't mean we can't anticipate. We don't KNOW when we will die...Yet people still make a will, right?

I'm not saying 100% for sure the game would die without POE Trade.

I AM saying that it living on without POE Trade or an equivalent, relying JUST on Trade Chat....Well, that might give some of our older players a heart attack from shock. Saying it's a 99% chance the game would die isn't particularly unreasonable.

Games that balance around trade's existence, yet don't encourage/support trade...Tend to die. It's a pretty obvious trend when any game is stupid enough to make that mistake. GGG is getting away with it thanks to one nice guy/girl, and releasing a data stream. That's it. Doesn't make it right. Or sensible, for that matter.

- Sheepster
As Reddit poster said "this guy hypes" meaning Chris is the biggest dev to over-hype some change to PoE (much ado about nothing). Nice try Chris but if we aren't getting asynchronous trade (someway... anyway we can buy an item without having to interact directly with the seller) then it is just more bs hype. Everyone hates "hunt the seller", it is crap, and never was good.

Overwhelming majority of players just want to pay the B/O price, get the item, and go back to zones/maps as quickly as possible. Most (like me) don't want global AH like the ill-fated D3 one and we all know Chris and company doesn't want that either so we're on the same page on this specific aspect of trade. However, many have put in their 2¢ (me too) on how async. trade could be done and still keep the 3rd party trade sites + going to the sellers hideout and accessing trade stash tab. I theorized having a 2nd trade chest for buying/selling from (but that means another database which I guess GGG is not too keen on) and then highlight the item (we also get to see other items that seller has for sale which is good), click a "Buy" button which brings up the trade window (same as NPC vendor) with the item in the top and we need to fill bottom of trade window with the exact B/O currency, and then the "Buy Now" button is active (it stays grayed out until exact B/O requirements are met) and item can be bought (direct seller interaction is not needed).

Only some form of asynchronous trade will put an end to current trade nightmare shit method.
"You've got to grind, grind, grind at that grindstone..."
Necessity may be the mother of invention, but poor QoP in PoE is the father of frustration.

The perfect solution to fix Trade Chat:
www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2247070
Last edited by Arrowneous on Nov 28, 2016, 10:38:51 AM
"
pifpep wrote:
"
e1337donkey wrote:
We already have an Auction House in poe and we still function just fine.

Not really, what we have is a stream of data processed through third party sites, to give a illusion of an auction. Auction implies a ability to increase your offer aka a bidding system that i have not yet seen so far.

There are actually Auction Houses that have Buyout systems in place. Many other games have Auction House systems in place with bidding and buyouts involved. Even think about diablo 3... people state that it's an auction house and it had buyouts in it. So when it comes to poe.trade.. it is a type of auction house. It just comes with a lot of hits and misses with success. Not in part to the creators of poe.trade.. but more on the limitations that they have. And how slow GGG have handled trade.

"
Arrowneous wrote:
Everyone hates "hunt the seller", it is crap, and never was good.

Overwhelming majority of players just want to pay the B/O price, get the item, and go back to zones/maps as quickly as possible.

Indeed, something like what you said needs to be done. It feels awful when your purchasing things near the few chaos mark or less. Why interrupt the flow of the game for a 8 alteration trade for some skill gem. It feels bad as the seller and the buyer. Like I'm thankful that someone is selling skill gems I can't get but damn... I hate wasting peoples time with silly trades like that. There has to be better way to get trades done.
I agree that there should be some alternative way of trading. Something that at least doesn't require you to leave a map or the labyrinth.
Make Cadiro (or Prospero) spawn when you're in such an area and open a trade window with the person who wants to buy your stuff - either engulf the player in a bubble of frozen time so he doesn't have to care about enemies during the trade or have the player answer to the trade request when in a cosy corner with no enemies around and then spawn the Manifestation of Trade.

Personally, I wouldn't be against an auction house. A real one where people can bid on your stuff or pay the buyout - and would get the item.
People often complain about others offering their items on poe.trade at a low price and never selling them. This wouldn't work with this sort of trade and would spare us those tedious threads about market manipulation.
Bird lover of Wraeclast
Las estrellas te iluminan - Hoy te sirven de guía
Te sientes tan fuerte que piensas - que nadie te puede tocar
"
e1337donkey wrote:
Much respect to the man/woman who designed poe.trade and keeps it up, cause wow this game would be different without it.

I haven't really seen GGG address trading in this game on any level except to take money from players. Yeah... I'm still bitter about that one.

The guy running poe.trade is making shittons of money thanks to GGG not implementing their own solution.
And because poe.trade does exist now, GGG can put trade updatse far far below other priorities.
IGN TylordRampage

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info