Trading ''improvements'' still in progress.

"
Sheriff_K wrote:
The main issues with the current trading system is that the API doesn't show AFK'ers or people who are currently offline; were they to remedy that, it'd fix most of what sucks with trading right now.

I see a bit more issues than that.

- Afk

- Backtracking ( kinda funny when community cried about prophecies backtracking it has been invested in not even a week while trading / coming back in hideout is the main backtracking source )

- Third party tools can be saw by many players has a security concern ( that's my case an why i will never install again acquisition or procurement specialy with GGG EULA claiming the decline any responsabilities )

- Not new player friendly. poe.trade is avertised in global 1 by kind players but when you start a game even doing some searchs the first question that come in mind isn't " do i need to install or use third party service to trade ".

- Many players won't answer if you want a few chaos or even alch item at some points in a league. Doesn't worth their time but it's still listed and that's a problem ( longest afk / mapping / lab players streak in my case has been up to 54 poe.trade message to get a fucking elemental prolif gem ).

- All players doesn't have to same amount of time to spend in a game. Problem in a game that is so reliant to trading is a part of them totaly able to compete with all content will be still pushed away from the game due to that.

- Community toughts are really different from a player to another but overhaul it seems that the haggling game isn't welcome anymore ( last time i has been able to get an answer while offering a different price was in early 2014 since that it always end into ignore list or gtfo ).

- Can't trade in lab.

- You have to leave party to trade.

- You have to leave party + league eventualy

Here are the main issues. Not even going to talk about market manipulations and so on since i don't care much and it will happen with an AH anyways.

Players interactions ? Not going to be extreme on this point i've meet some great friends trought trading but don't you think it's a bit hyprocrite to say " i want player interaction with trading " in an online game where it could be promoted trought Guild, partying or anything multiplayer relevant ?

Issues to solve in priority:

- Afk
- backtracking ( fuck hideout )
- Players that doesn't answer and are actualy playing. I've an idea about that and how it could be solved but many peoples arn't going to enjoy it. I would clearly see concerned items removed from poe.trade for 8h/16h/24h/1week if player doesn't answer after three times at all.
- Leaving party / switching league.

What i don't want to see:

Offline trading.

What i clearly want: Same system as we have now with some polishing and backtracking fully removed in any form.
Hf :)
Last edited by Heli0nix on Nov 29, 2016, 3:45:49 PM
How can you hate trading

and do it all day ?!?!

playing POE is optional
"
LiberAlley wrote:
How can you hate trading

and do it all day ?!?!

playing POE is optional

Why do people assume I like trading because I'm good at it and have a group dedicated to it? I fucking hate trading.

Not going to handicap myself that's stupid af though by NOT trading.
Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr
Last edited by Coconutdoggy on Nov 29, 2016, 3:39:55 PM
"
"
LiberAlley wrote:
How can you hate trading

and do it all day ?!?!

playing POE is optional

Why do people assume I like trading because I'm good at it and have a group dedicated to it? I fucking hate trading.

Not going to handicap myself that's stupid af though by NOT trading.

If you hate it though you can trade, you know, less

just to make some money and build your chars

you dont need 50 mirrors for that right ?
Last edited by LiberAlley on Nov 29, 2016, 4:07:42 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lK2nnM6B1B0
Harvest sucks! But look at my decked out gear two weeks in!

Labyrinth salt farm miner.

"But my build diversity" , "Game is too hard!" - Meta drone playing the same 1-3 builds for years.
"
Sheriff_K wrote:
I know that GGG is/was planning on introducing cross-instance Trading, but I think that it is a BAD IDEA!

Cross-instance trading is NO different than having an AH; both get rid of player interaction (and visiting/seeing cool Hideouts, which is what GGG wants to encourage.)

The main issues with the current trading system is that the API doesn't show AFK'ers or people who are currently offline; were they to remedy that, it'd fix most of what sucks with trading right now.

I, personally, wouldn't mind an AH, but I do like seeing peoples Hideouts. But cross-instance trading and player interaction ARE mutually exclusive, and at the end of the day it comes down to a choice between two options: either implement an Auction House OR do NOT implement cross-instance trading.

Okay, I'm glad YOU like Player Interaction....When you get it, after the AFKers, Offlines, Cross Leaguers......And somehow get someone who actually says more than just T4T or something like that.

For those of us who DO NOT GIVE A S*** about player hideouts, player interaction, and the like...We'd like to trade without suffering, thanks.

My hideout looks cool...To ME, because I wanted it to look good when I was going in and out as I mapped. IDGAF about anyone else's, or if they like mine. I play solo.

If I want to talk to someone, there's a chat for that. If I want to party with someone, I can, and IDGAF if their H/O is cool or not. Player Interaction and Cool Hideouts aren't "killed" by fixing trading. It's not like the things you are worried about will dissapear if trading is fixed.

- Sheepster
"
Nssheepster wrote:
"
Sheriff_K wrote:
I know that GGG is/was planning on introducing cross-instance Trading, but I think that it is a BAD IDEA!

Cross-instance trading is NO different than having an AH; both get rid of player interaction (and visiting/seeing cool Hideouts, which is what GGG wants to encourage.)

I, personally, wouldn't mind an AH, but I do like seeing peoples Hideouts. But cross-instance trading and player interaction ARE mutually exclusive, and at the end of the day it comes down to a choice between two options: either implement an Auction House OR do NOT implement cross-instance trading.

Okay, I'm glad YOU like Player Interaction....When you get it, after the AFKers, Offlines, Cross Leaguers......And somehow get someone who actually says more than just T4T or something like that.

For those of us who DO NOT GIVE A S*** about player hideouts, player interaction, and the like...We'd like to trade without suffering, thanks.

My hideout looks cool...To ME, because I wanted it to look good when I was going in and out as I mapped. IDGAF about anyone else's, or if they like mine. I play solo.

If I want to talk to someone, there's a chat for that. If I want to party with someone, I can, and IDGAF if their H/O is cool or not. Player Interaction and Cool Hideouts aren't "killed" by fixing trading. It's not like the things you are worried about will dissapear if trading is fixed.

The game was advertised as a hardcore action rpg featuring a barter economy. A huge chunk of the old playerbase helped PoE grow simply because of these reasons.

A little bit of respect is well in place. Thank you.
Heart of Purity

Awarded 'Silverblade' to Talent Competition Winner 2020.
POE turned into a ratrace for the most div/hour.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NDFO4E5OKSE
"
Reinhart wrote:

The game was advertised as a hardcore action rpg featuring a barter economy. A huge chunk of the old playerbase helped PoE grow simply because of these reasons.

A little bit of respect is well in place. Thank you.

It still IS a barter economy. Trading useful items for useful items. Chaos is the standard currency simply because it's useful.

Async trading will not change that it is a barter economy.

- Sheepster
im hoping nay, Praying! for something in 3.0
I dont see any any key!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info