2.4.3b Hotfix

DOes this hot fix change the game straight up requiring me to hard reset my PC every time I quit? Its slow as shit to load now and when I quit, it will not..it just hangs in a black screen until I reset. So, to quit, I Ctrl-Alt-Del atm.
Personally I think the stuttering issues and freezing when groups of monsters are encountered is still related to the shadows and the caching on older HDDs.

I run with shadows on low, the stutter reduces until an encounter with a group of new monsters, where-as the shadows they emit have to recache every time. It was nice when playing with no shadows, no stutter, no loss of FPS. We need that option back.

There is also a problem with paging in windows when related to this game, as I have enough RAM to turn it off, I no longer stutter or freeze because of it.

That is related to this hotfix and further improvements that are necessary to increase performance further.

Thank you for your time and efforts.
As always thank you for your time. Be well Exiles.
Do not understand this update if the problem with directx continues. Really anyone of GGG continuously testing this problem?. It is incredible that after 5 days the problem is not fixed.
Last edited by Sieldorhil on Nov 24, 2016, 6:08:04 AM
"
Gandicar wrote:
Personally I think the stuttering issues and freezing when groups of monsters are encountered is still related to the shadows and the caching on older HDDs.

I run with shadows on low, the stutter reduces until an encounter with a group of new monsters, where-as the shadows they emit have to recache every time. It was nice when playing with no shadows, no stutter, no loss of FPS. We need that option back.

There is also a problem with paging in windows when related to this game, as I have enough RAM to turn it off, I no longer stutter or freeze because of it.

That is related to this hotfix and further improvements that are necessary to increase performance further.

Thank you for your time and efforts.

There's a new stuttering issue, because stuttering wasn't this apparent in pre-2.4.3.

I've played DX9 with no shadows and I'm getting more stuttering in certain situations that I would never have had got in pre-2.4.3.

I run a SSD, so shadows and older Harddrives are not the culprit.
System specs: AMD Ryzen 3600, RTX 2060 Super
It is graphics related, that is for certain, and before you pick apart my post, try to do some trial and error with settings and flags, then you can say it has nothing to do with older HDD, besides you have an SSD, how would you know about the extra stutter with shadow caching?

By the way, not trying to start an argument, especially one with a non-supporter. I'm not better than you either, so don't go there. It's all about testing.

Like they said, DX11 is very particular on what can be changed and what can not. It seems the more technology advances, so does its complications. I wish GGG luck in figuring out the issues, and I will continue to test and provide feedback on my end.

Hopefully you all have a good Thanksgiving, if you celebrate it anyway.
finally! :-)

thanks guys
"
Gandicar wrote:
It is graphics related, that is for certain, and before you pick apart my post, try to do some trial and error with settings and flags, then you can say it has nothing to do with older HDD, besides you have an SSD, how would you know about the extra stutter with shadow caching?

By the way, not trying to start an argument, especially one with a non-supporter. I'm not better than you either, so don't go there. It's all about testing.

Like they said, DX11 is very particular on what can be changed and what can not. It seems the more technology advances, so does its complications. I wish GGG luck in figuring out the issues, and I will continue to test and provide feedback on my end.

Hopefully you all have a good Thanksgiving, if you celebrate it anyway.

I have no idea where you get the idea that I haven't done some trial and error with settings and flags.

I say it has nothing to do with older HDD, because even with a SSD I still have the stutters. And I've tried with shadows and without shadows, I can tell you that shadows have very little to do with the stuttering.

I'm not arguing with you either. The feeling is mutual. I believe we are just expressing our opinions, and they are based on facts and our experiences.

If you even have to mention about the non-supporter, then you are implying there's some sort of difference, but I can barely see how being a supporter is related to someone's level of knowledge about the game and it's graphical mechanics. For all you know, I could have spent a bunch of currency in-game.

I do believe you've made a bunch of assumptions.

Again, I'm not trying to pick a fight, or offend you. Just stating how I see things.
System specs: AMD Ryzen 3600, RTX 2060 Super
"
Gandicar wrote:
.....By the way, not trying to start an argument, especially one with a non-supporter. I'm not better than you either, so don't go there......

Why can't he go there where you went ? This piece of txt made my eyes bleed.
Ok, bowing out, the nons are teaming up...done with trying to help with problems, I'll just go back to being silent like before, seems less of a chance to offend anyone.
Still crashing changing area when GGG add DX11.
Before everything working well :/

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info