[2.6] CI Best Scourge ClawFlurry, Up to 134+ Mill DPS,Uber/Shaper/Guardians, Budget Version Inc.

Starting the budget build now, but I'm confused over the gems setup.
I need to follow the gems setup on the gear or the gems setup on the overall guide.
Any advice on that will be appreciated.
Yeah, i think a Scourge claw is better after a certain level even with the budget gear (sure, it kind of defeats the purpose of calling it budget gear when you include a 20+ chaos weapon). Mr. Catsama even uses it now himself in the "budget version".

I also forgot about the 20% increased minion damage you get with 20% quality Flame golem. That gives you 70% increased generic damage (if you use a Scourge claw) with a flame golem and helm enchant. Still believe the Ice golem with 30% crit chance is better? Its not, certainly not with the 100% hit chance shield.
IGN: SynergyHC
Last edited by Synergy1337 on Apr 18, 2017, 3:31:11 PM
I have also been wondering if Vagans meta crafting mod "Hits can't be Evaded" used on a Claw will benefit both claws while dual wielding or just when Blade Flurry uses that claw (since each hit alternates between the weapons while dual wielding)???
"
Lawyne wrote:
"
reciprocate wrote:
"
Synergy1337 wrote:
I have to question if the 30% increased crit chance from Ice Golem is worth it compared to a Flame golem with 150% increased effect enchant from helmet, giving you 50% increased generic damage (double dipping, just like minion damage with scourge claw). Especially with guranteed hits in the budget version, i dont think ice golem is worth it compared to flame golem.

Ice Golem sort of becomes redundant if your accuracy and crit rates are very high already. I figure if you can maintain about near 90% accuracy and over 75% crit rate (after power charges), then it may be better to switch to a different golem.

with my version flame golem with enchanted abyssus would indeed result in more dps.
that is because I totally went on DoT

Yeah, I can see that happening, that's 50% more damage (150% of 20% bonus damage of flame golem). I think that can at least be considered especially if it multi dips.

"
Synergy1337 wrote:
Yeah, i think a Scourge claw is better after a certain level even with the budget gear (sure, it kind of defeats the purpose of calling it budget gear when you include a 20+ chaos weapon). Mr. Catsama even uses it now himself in the "budget version".

I also forgot about the 20% increased minion damage you get with 20% quality Flame golem. That gives you 70% increased generic damage (if you use a Scourge claw) with a flame golem and helm enchant. Still believe the Ice golem with 30% crit chance is better? Its not, certainly not with the 100% hit chance shield.

The golem damage on quality shouldn't affect Scourge's damage bonus to everything though. The minion damage has to be global, not specific. That's why people don't stick Minion damage support gem on anything for this build, because it's not categorically global, it becomes specific to the skill(s) it's linked to.
Last edited by reciprocate on Apr 18, 2017, 4:50:37 PM
Minion damage support gem doesnt work cause its MORE minion damage (+quality % on it should work though). The Flame golem says 1% increased Minion Damage per 1% quality, so it should work.
Last edited by Synergy1337 on Apr 18, 2017, 5:25:03 PM
"
reciprocate wrote:

Yeah, I can see that happening, that's 50% more damage (150% of 20% bonus damage of flame golem). I think that can at least be considered especially if it multi dips.

well, the damage for my toon @ lvl 100 would be about 34.1 million dps to Shaper instead of 32.9, so about 1.2 million more while haveing 2% less accuracy (89%). but it is first available for me to switch to at lvl 96 because I'd need a reduced mana reserved node to run it properly unless I mess up the tree too much to make a switch worth earlier. Ima not sacrifice ES or attack speed to do it and honestly I am aware to sacrifice the accuracy as well.

If I take Gemini to get 91% chance to hit again instead of another jewel slot, the total dps would even be lower (32.6 million) and I'd miss 8% ES again.

Also this would only work when really focussing on damage over time on the tree like I do atm.

So in conclusion Zabosnu is right, for his high end Scourge build Ice Golem is the way to go.

"
reciprocate wrote:
The golem damage on quality shouldn't affect Scourge's damage bonus to everything though. The minion damage has to be global, not specific. That's why people don't stick Minion damage support gem on anything for this build, because it's not categorically global, it becomes specific to the skill(s) it's linked to.

exactly
IGN: Lawyne (Stream: www.twitch.tv/lawyne) [inactive]
100% Life Shaper in 1s https://www.twitch.tv/videos/173720595
Practical Blade Flurry https://tinyurl.com/practicalBF
Last edited by Lawyne on Apr 18, 2017, 5:55:20 PM
"
Synergy1337 wrote:
Minion damage support gem doesnt work cause its MORE minion damage (+quality % on it should work though). The Flame golem says 1% increased Minion Damage per 1% quality, so it should work.

no it does not work, quality on golems only affects the life and damage of the golem, nothing else
Last edited by Lawyne on Apr 18, 2017, 5:30:50 PM
"
Lawyne wrote:
"
Synergy1337 wrote:

no it does not work, quality on golems only affects the life and damage of the golem, nothing else

Have you tested?
"
Synergy1337 wrote:
"
Lawyne wrote:
"
Synergy1337 wrote:

Have you tested?

ofc

I really recommend path of building, there is so much u can play around with
Last edited by Lawyne on Apr 18, 2017, 5:58:58 PM
Basically finished my build for the league. Have a few things left to do, and someone requested I post when I make some changes to my build so here it is.

Shaper has been deathless for awhile now. Fun build and I did it last league and loved it.

Here is Last League's build

My ultimate build would be a combo of both of them, since there is some things better with each.

Kiaras's. Kiaras's. Kiaras's. Kiaras's. I personally wouldn't play this build without it. Even with skyforths.

Any advise is appreciated. Keep it up guys.
Last edited by kushorange on Apr 18, 2017, 7:57:58 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info