Game crashes when exiting to character selection

"
arknath wrote:
This is so annoying. It makes me lose so much time on races...

literally impossible to compete....
Having the same exact problem. Game crashes around 8/10 times I try to go to character selection.
Hi

Same here, used to be fine, but since about 2.4.0 or 2.5.0 I'd say (could be from way before that but I don't remember when it started, I don't usually change character while playing), the game crashes about 80% of the time when using the exit to char selection option.

It does seam to happen more from the Hideout but I am not sure, could be just luck when it does not crash from town.

I don't think it comes from nVidia drivers, I update them quite often. I also tried with three different graphic cards with no change.

EDIT:
Using 64bits PoE exe, dx11, Win7, Intel i5 2500k, GeForce GTX 760, 8Go RAM.
https://www.youtube.com/user/PeipeMasta
Last edited by DjParagon on Jul 14, 2017, 1:41:30 PM
I had the same probleme her is what u need to do go to documents/my game/poe/dailycashe and MOTD changes open them and delete everythin when u done ctrl+alt+supp open task manager after that go to processes find Path of exile (before u log in) click right /Set priority/High if this didnt help im sorry :)
Ok, so I am assuming this problem will not be supported at all. It has been almost a year since the OP and many people still have this problem, including myself.

For me it's slightly less random.

1)When I login, I DC then I can login again into town with no problems.
2)When I load the map for the first time I will DC 100% of the time, further tries to reach this map are successful until the map resets at which time it reverts to the beginning of 2).
3)If i ever close out of the game completely the cycle reverts back to 1)

Edit:
After messing around with the settings I have found that if i run all settings on lowest quality (on this i am not sure if it has a bearing as the some problems occurred after I initially changed the settings)
However as a second change I turned off dynamic resolution and was able to connect to maps, albeit at a slightly slower load time. I am not sure if it was just the dynamic resolution change or the combination of settings as well as the disabling of dynamic resolution.

I will test this further and reply with an update or re edit this post when i find more info

Last edited by MeatyFleshBlob on Aug 7, 2017, 1:28:03 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info