IMA FIRIN MAH LAZOR - totems 2k16 / Atziri Dancer/Uber Lab done/Theory Craft

"
Onix095 wrote:
"
FloopiFloop wrote:
Skill Gems
6L your LAZORS : Spell Totem + Scorching Ray + elemental focus + controlled destruction + faster casting + void manipulation

Looks solid except that 6th link. Void Manipulation is more chaos dmg, reduced ele dmg. I would recommend Rapid Decay as it gives another powerful more multiplier. Will have to see if you can keep up stacks on harder mobs with any reduced duration though, as losing stacks would mean losing dmg and fire pen.

Speaking of, this skill seems to be geared towards being a support skill since it strips away fire res but doesn't sound like it applies hits. From the description in the announcement it applies a short duration RF-like burn, which would mean that the fire res stripping it has does not benefit its own damage. A strong supporting skill in a 3 or 4 Link would be self-cast Flame Surge since the target would be losing fire res over time and be "burning" for the purpose of Flame Surge's 50% more dmg.

Just some thoughts, let me know what you think.

HERP DERP i confused rapid decay with void manipulation thanks for noticing!

uhm nice idea, yea it doesnt apply hits but what do you mean it will not benefit its own damage? if the target have less fire res it will take more burning damage
about flame surge thats a nice idea probably templar so you will have more totems and still be able to do more damage also mom for more deffence can get belly of the beast to 5l/6l flame surge
well im still gonna stick with just totems i have to give it a try GL :D
"
QuietSea wrote:
"
Nice :D i made a skill tree for this what do you think?
edit: totaly forgot i think the Hierophant option should be only double course so it will have more mana
SpoilerShow

Looks good to me, however, you should drop elemental overload. You most likely will not be able to crit with the spell and since you took ancestral bond, you really do not have anyway to crit, effectively rendering that a wasted skill point.

Actually you can still crit even if it does no damage, and it will still proc elemental overload. I use orb of storms to proc elemental overload and also use it as my curse on hit setup and it works wonders.
added a little update on what im gonna do
probably gonna start to level the char tomorrow and then its just about getting all the shit together will update again later later when the build will be ready probably kinda
Last edited by FloopiFloop on Nov 17, 2016, 4:49:20 PM
quick update lvl 52 right now
ele equi doesnt work
and as Kodalic said elemental overload work
also the the totem ai with scorching ray is retarted as fuck
Last edited by FloopiFloop on Nov 18, 2016, 2:57:41 PM
Well of course ele eq wouldn't work. That requires a hit.
Orb of storms wont proc EE but you would have probably only needed it vs bosses.

Also was gonna say you probably don't need faster casting in your links as long as you can pick up some on the tree. Or at least I'v found I don't really need it even with self casting SR.

Iron Will is a solid link it's not quite a more multiplier level of solid but better then increased burning if you have enough strength.

My plan for the skill is to do self cast Item Rarity but I think SR totems should be fine.
Last edited by CalamityAOE on Nov 18, 2016, 6:50:56 PM
"
Aklyon wrote:
Well of course ele eq wouldn't work. That requires a hit.

yea but i still hit it even tho its still 0 damage isnt it suppouse to count as i hit it for 0 lightning damage?
"
CalamityAOE wrote:
Orb of storms should proc EE fine probably only need it vs boss though.

Also was gonna say you probably don't need faster casting in your links as long as you can pick up some on the tree. Or at least I'v found I don't really need it even with self casting SR.

Iron Will is a solid link it's not quite a more multiplier level of solid but better then increased burning if you have enough strength.

My plan for the skill is to do self cast Item Rarity but I think SR totems should be fine.

yea but i just checked it and it didnt work

i have a leveled increased burning damage will swap and see and about iron will how much strength do you think is needed to make it more effective?
Last edited by FloopiFloop on Nov 18, 2016, 6:03:24 PM
Oh wait my bad yeah you cant use EE if your dual totem from the tree cause it makes it so you deal no damage thus no EE proc. Daing yeah that's a bit downside of going that node. I was thinking about the possibility's of self cast with just 1 totem that might work too if you needed EE for some reason.

I think Iron Will is only slightly better then inc burning damage gem so if you got that leveled I'd stick with it. Neither of them are more multiplier but Iron Will has some synergies with controlled destruction.

I rarely play totem builds does orb of storms still proc curse on hit with dual totems?
Last edited by CalamityAOE on Nov 18, 2016, 6:49:01 PM
"
CalamityAOE wrote:
Oh wait my bad yeah you cant use EE if your dual totem from the tree cause it makes it so you deal no damage thus no EE proc. Daing yeah that's a bit downside of going that node. I was thinking about the possibility's of self cast with just 1 totem that might work too if you needed EE for some reason.

I think Iron Will is only slightly better then inc burning damage gem so if you got that leveled I'd stick with it. Neither of them are more multiplier but Iron Will has some synergies with controlled destruction.

I rarely play totem builds does orb of storms still proc curse on hit with dual totems?

i just checked on google yea it is

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info