IMA FIRIN MAH LAZOR - totems 2k16 / Atziri Dancer/Uber Lab done/Theory Craft

First of all if you didnt read it already its here: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1762565

DISCLAMER : THIS IS THEORY CRAFTING FOR 2.4.2

UPDATE
im leaving this as theory crafting
this build was fun and can do atziri uber lab and high tier maps thanks to 20/20 themporal chains but theres allot of builds that can do this content for not much currency investment the damage needs a buff the beam needs to be bigger and the totem ai is just bad
also furry blades is out there

UPDATE Uber Lab done and Atziri done while dancing kappa
I did uber lab on lvl 80 wasnt hard and on my stream i did a deathless arziri while dancing kappa :D
heres the clip: https://clips.twitch.tv/floopifloop/CheerfulKangarooTF2John
and if you want to see how scorching ray totems looks like thats the whole vod
https://www.twitch.tv/floopifloop/v/102355587
so as you can see its fun and nice but the skill definitly needs a damage buff i will be able to do t15
for sure and maybe guardians cant know right now
also in my opinion faster casting is important so the links are scorching ray + spell totem + controlled destruction + elemental focus + rapid decay + faster casting
the play style is preaty simple put totems oos use potion and dance
final curses in my opinion are blasphamy+themp chains+flameability witch brew i also left efeeble on self cast just in case
this is my lvl 80 skill tree:

After looking at this it looks like the best way to go with it is totems because you cant leech of course you can go tank with it or have a really good deffense mechanic but fuck that i wanna get as much damage as possible on this LAZOR

also plz i would like if you guys trow some suggestions after all this is a theory craft post (and i suck at making builds :D)

SO the idea is to go chieftain and get as much damage as possible with triple cursing 2 on blasphamy themp chains and enfeeble and self casting flameablity for harder enemies another option is to go hierophant to have 4 totems

Ascendency
Chieftain - sweet damage endurance charge on burning kill and totems are immune to fire damage

Hierophant - sweet 2 additional totems the idea of 4 fucking lazors around you sounds so sweet and hilarious
also a tip from Tavérius
"
Tavérius wrote:

NOPANTS is the best pants.

Skill Tree
Spoiler

Im going to keep acouple of skill trees here cause this is Theory Crafting process
Chieftain
First skill tree

Second skill tree overall should be more efficient also i wasted a point on traveling so i fixed it

A more deffensive option by Guggelhupf

Hierophant
Idea from QuietSea that is the skill tree i came up with

some things - duel curse achived with whispers of doom and a doedre ring, elemental overload and ele equ are sinerging with an orb of storms setup
the witch spell damage area probably not that good idunno what do you think
im not the best at making a skill tree so if you think you have any idea on improving this plz post your variation thanks (same goes if you want to make a hierophant tree)

Items
Spoiler
First thing first its a totem build so a tabula for leveling

Then the weapon looks like the best in slot is The Searing Touch its insane how much this thing is good for this skill +2 lvl spell damage fire damage cast speed and burning damage more options probably a +2/3 to fire staff or maybe even a wand and a shield for more survivability

Now for a better body armor theres actualy allot of options
Cospri's Will - we are triple curse so thanks to this we will be able to drop doedre's ring and our curses will apply to hexproof enemies

Infernal Mantle - sweet fire damage but 100% spell damage taken on low mana is shit so i would not reccomend

Soul Mantle - in 2016? LUL but actualy another totem and free socket for another link altho you gotta notice if your totem is about to die so you wont get fuck from a lvl 20 themp chains lul

Belly Of The Beast - sweet life so we wont be too squishy sum armor and resist the cheap deffensive option

Kaom's Heart - sweet mother of pussy we get life armor and fire damage would reccomend

more items doedre's damning for tri curse and maybe ngamahu tiki for shittons of damage

Skill Gems
6L your LAZORS : Spell Totem + Scorching Ray + elemental focus + controlled destruction + faster casting + rapid decay
4L Orb Of Sorms setup for elemental overload : faster casting + OOS + Inc Crit Chance / now you need flame dash and flameability so its nice to put one of them here
Blasphamy setup : Blasphamy + themp chains + enfeeble
cwdt setup - cwdt + immortal call + inc duration
for golems probably flame golem chaos golem or stone golem ill probably go with flame golem cause FUCK YEA MORE DAMAGE
for the rest its free to wutever another cwdt maybe idunno

Thank you for reading and plz post your suggestions wutever you think that can help i probably fucked up somewhere but its ok we got time till this meme is live
also i was just thinking if theres more items that i missed that can give additional totems that will be grate
will i drop this idea if the other channel skills will be better? more LAZOR feeling? idunno, maybe, probably, yes
also i need more memes for this thread
Last edited by FloopiFloop on Nov 21, 2016, 1:16:51 PM
Last bumped on Nov 20, 2016, 7:36:28 PM
"
FloopiFloop wrote:

Chieftain - sweet damage endurance charge on burning kill (will that work? it should work) and totems are immune to fire damage

Endurance on Burning Kill should work since the LAZOR burns without needing to ignite. Fire Immune's a bit wasted though, since the LAZOR only deals dot your BROTEMS can't get reflected anyway.

"
FloopiFloop wrote:
Hierophant - sweet 2 additional totems the idea of 4 fucking lazors around you sounds so sweet and hilarious

Well, NOPANTS is the best pants, so there's that too.
"
Tavérius wrote:

Endurance on Burning Kill should work since the LAZOR burns without needing to ignite..

Noted
"
Tavérius wrote:

Well, NOPANTS is the best pants, so there's that too.

will add that!
I like it. I like it. Made 2 totem builds this league so far. Even though I am tempted to make another... I will be going self casting Inquisitor. Hope both builds work :D Cheers!
"
RoncocoMo wrote:
I like it. I like it. Made 2 totem builds this league so far. Even though I am tempted to make another... I will be going self casting Inquisitor. Hope both builds work :D Cheers!

Good luck :D
u want go for triple curse but dont pick "skittering Runes (+20% curse effect)" in ur tree ? seems like a bist waste. and you also have only 146% life wich is a bit low. i changed some points for 180% life and "skittering Runes (+20% curse effect)"

poeurl.com/PHD
My Builds & Hideouts: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2083383
Hideout Community Discord: https://discord.gg/B2xQkmf
Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/user/Dralanorr
Twitch: https://www.twitch.tv/guggelhupf
Looked through your build, I think you are on the right track, but I would like to point out a few things.

Picking up hierophant along with mind over matter would allow you to take 40% of incoming damage as mana, which would make you a lot tankier, and if you consider the totem play style, you'd have to try to die. (its quite easy to get mana as templar, trust)

Also, getting more castspeed should be ideal as the skill gem ramps up its damage and strips away more fire resistance based on its cast speed.

Welp, that is my two cents. Have fun ^_^
"
guggelhupf wrote:
Spoiler
u want go for triple curse but dont pick "skittering Runes (+20% curse effect)" in ur tree ? seems like a bist waste. and you also have only 146% life wich is a bit low. i changed some points for 180% life and "skittering Runes (+20% curse effect)"

poeurl.com/PHD
Spoiler

got it :D but i still feel like going more damage i fixed some things on my skill tree and added skittering runes and i added your skill tree
also wouldnt the totems die fast without the totem life nodes?

"
QuietSea wrote:
Spoiler
Looked through your build, I think you are on the right track, but I would like to point out a few things.

Picking up hierophant along with mind over matter would allow you to take 40% of incoming damage as mana, which would make you a lot tankier, and if you consider the totem play style, you'd have to try to die. (its quite easy to get mana as templar, trust)

Also, getting more castspeed should be ideal as the skill gem ramps up its damage and strips away more fire resistance based on its cast speed.

Welp, that is my two cents. Have fun ^_^
Spoiler

Nice :D i made a skill tree for this what do you think?
edit: totaly forgot i think the Hierophant option should be only double course so it will have more mana

Last edited by FloopiFloop on Nov 4, 2016, 1:10:05 PM
"
Nice :D i made a skill tree for this what do you think?
edit: totaly forgot i think the Hierophant option should be only double course so it will have more mana
SpoilerShow

Looks good to me, however, you should drop elemental overload. You most likely will not be able to crit with the spell and since you took ancestral bond, you really do not have anyway to crit, effectively rendering that a wasted skill point.
"
FloopiFloop wrote:
Skill Gems
6L your LAZORS : Spell Totem + Scorching Ray + elemental focus + controlled destruction + faster casting + void manipulation

Looks solid except that 6th link. Void Manipulation is more chaos dmg, reduced ele dmg. I would recommend Rapid Decay as it gives another powerful more multiplier. Will have to see if you can keep up stacks on harder mobs with any reduced duration though, as losing stacks would mean losing dmg and fire pen.

Speaking of, this skill seems to be geared towards being a support skill since it strips away fire res but doesn't sound like it applies hits. From the description in the announcement it applies a short duration RF-like burn, which would mean that the fire res stripping it has does not benefit its own damage. A strong supporting skill in a 3 or 4 Link would be self-cast Flame Surge since the target would be losing fire res over time and be "burning" for the purpose of Flame Surge's 50% more dmg.

Just some thoughts, let me know what you think.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info