What's wrong with Rallying Cry?

I don't see anyone use it.
I'm playing a melee character (which I guess is out) and have no problems keeping my endurance charges maxed (blasphemy Warlord's Mark + ECoMS). The increased damage from Rallying seems nice for boss fights -- so why am I the only one using it? What's better?
Underrated stats: Basic human decency, small quantum of respect, microportion of compassion
Last bumped on Oct 26, 2016, 8:02:57 AM
There are three reasons.
- You typically need more dps only in boss fights
- There aren't enough enemies around in boss fights to give you a good damage bonus
- And even that 'good bonus' isn't really all that great

... so people tend to use Rallying for regen boost if they happen to need it, and we usually don't, hence the lack of popularity. Unlike Rallying, Enduring cry is incredibly useful in boss fights because it's a way to maintain endurance charges that always works and is available to everyone regardless of the build.
Wish the armchair developers would go back to developing armchairs.

◄[www.moddb.com/mods/balancedux]►
◄[www.moddb.com/mods/one-vision1]►
my second actual build uses it to boost minions damage occasionally and to grant enough regen for longer single target fights. Pretty useful with 20s duration I have. My first is melee on the left side and ofc uses EC.

EC is just very useful for most of the armour based characters. the other warcries have some more specific uses
IGN: Eric_Lindros
CET: Timezone
Last edited by Ludvator on Oct 25, 2016, 3:26:20 PM
I use Rallying Cry when I'm leveling a build that is struggling to do enough damage or hasn't yet managed to sustain mana.

I assume that most builds that people show have already solved those 2 problems, and are in the late game, where Endurance charges from Enduring Cry are needed more than the extra damage.

Nothing's wrong with Rallying Cry, it's just much easier to get damage than defense in this game.
Softcore, solo self-found.
-----Currently: -----
Storm Call Occultist in Affliction
Last edited by SunsetVista on Oct 25, 2016, 3:32:58 PM
The issue with rallying cry is that you have to cast it. Even on a guardian with instant free warcries it is *still* a pain to cast it every 4s or whatever.
Face it, all of your suggestions are worse than this idea:
http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/657756
OK thanks, that all makes sense.
I also no longer have a mana problem, this is pretty much solved through Warlord's Mark as well, which (together with ECoMS) gives me enough consistent Endurance charges on everything but big bosses. (I have no Ascendancy perks or item perks granting Endurance bonuses otherwise.)
So if I no longer need the mana, and the damage bonus is not all *that* great, do you recommend that I take out RC and replace it with ... Enduring (just for bosses)? Or just get rid of it in favor of some support gem for another skill?
thank you for your advice.
Underrated stats: Basic human decency, small quantum of respect, microportion of compassion
yes, bosses is where you need the endurance charges the most
IGN: Eric_Lindros
CET: Timezone
Last edited by Ludvator on Oct 25, 2016, 4:53:55 PM
"
raics wrote:
- There aren't enough enemies around in boss fights to give you a good damage bonus

That's why it lasts for quite a long while. Not that hard to get well over ten seconds. :)
Im using it to suport my MoM with help of treshold jewels, that way you can sustein mana even on maps thet prevent regeneration or leeach.

Duration on my build whas easly 20 sec or so before i changed links, Inc Duration + 45% skill tree and gem quality bonus. Its realy easy to use.
Last edited by nEVER_BoRN on Oct 25, 2016, 10:54:39 PM
Thanks very much

"
Ludvator wrote:
yes, bosses is where you need the endurance charges the most

One last question though: Isn't the base bonus damage from Rallying Cry comparable with with bonus of the Flame Golem? People seem to have the golem, but not RC. Is it because Warcries cannot be cast when damage is taken?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info