[2.6] Flash Freeze Ice Shot Ranger

Bring on 3.0 ice shot
Last edited by Toby40 on Jun 28, 2017, 2:00:59 AM
"
Xenovenom wrote:
"
FrakGaming wrote:

How you link your gear here like this?

While you are typing your post you click your character portrait in the top left and it will bring up a window of all you characters and stash. Any item you click will link where your typing cursor was in your post in the order you clicked the items. (Gems will link with the item)

This does not work
Last edited by Toby40 on Jun 28, 2017, 2:09:20 AM
Hi there.
Great guide. I've been following it and so far level 67.

My only concern is the life. I have only 2.5k life so far. And in your videos you have only 2.8k life.

I'm using only because even a T2 map boss can one shot you with this much health. And i've tried the merciless lab once but got one shot by Izaro in 2nd phase.

I am a bad player, but an inadequate amount of life is also a factor into it.

How can we counter this? Using unique items in almost every slot except rings and belt is definitely a limiter. But we cannot truly hope to survive the end game with such low life.

Thank you in advance.
■► It's a business. You won't get the full experience.
■► Yes, this is an addiction. This is a Slot Machine. I am addicted.
■► You won't be rewarded. There is no reward.
@Nvar

If you don't have a 100% pierce chance, if a projectile doesn't pierce, it will then check for forking, then chaining.

So, assuming that you are only getting pierce from the threshold jewel, on a hit, you have a 50% chance that the projectile pierces. If it does not, then your other projectile effects will be checked, in normal priority order. (Fork, Chain, Return)

@ykbks

The best way to get your life up is by picking up rares with +life on them. In my experience, having only a few Unique items to support your build is better then running a unique in as many slots as possible.

You may also want to take a look at how many +% to max life nodes you have selected in the passive tree. Most ranger passive trees try to hit a total of 150% or higher, along with stacking + to max hit point items. The result generally get the character to 4.5k or so, with bigger totals if you are using specialized armors like Koam's Heart or Belly of the Beast.

Have tried this build as my first ever Ranger build, and i love it. So satisfying listening to Ice Shot sound when everything shatters around you. Haven't gotten too much gear yet, but getting there. Doing T5 maps pretty safely, trying to get gear. Also tried something with Ice Bite that seems to work pretty good, atleast for me. Linked it with your Herald of Ice+Curse on Hit+Assassins Mark+Ice Bite set-up, and geting Frenzy charges like crazy. Really helped the clear speed, but only if you can manage the mana cost, since it does increase the mana reserved. My Ice Shot and Blast Rain is only 5-linked at the moment, so not sure you can sustain this set up with a 6-link. Really fun build so far, and can't wait to get some better gear to really see it shine.
"
Vandicate wrote:
Holy shit this build is fun.

At level 80 so far, but has awesome clear speed. Basically 1 shot into a pack clears my entire screen.

I went a bit different from OP's setup. I still have shit accessories and gloves, but I'm doing about 14K dps.

I find Slivertongue bow and rigwalds quills required for this.

Max res. Currently working on adding life nodes (3.5k life so far)

can you show me your DPS for blast rain and ice shot... i'm running Slivertongue and Rigwald's too... but then my other gear is pretty shit.. so i wanna know how much damage you deal and your max HP... and if you've deviated from the original skill tree... i'm running Deadeye and would really like some inputs.. Thanks in advance!
Last edited by DeStiNi_98 on Jul 2, 2017, 12:00:46 PM
How is this looking for 3.0 so far?
I am currently level 86. Im doing fairly fine with this build but I am wondering how to take it further. Currently im rocking a relatively well rolled 4 link Death's Opus bow with a good Queen of the Forest. There was a time I kept on dying and I switched all my gear and upped my chaos resistance. I managed to get my resistance to 70~/76/70~/60~. After that, I seemed to do okay.

My life however is 3.6K . Is this good enough?

For my DPS, i sacrificed area of effect for DPS. I dropped both chain and GMP support. Is this a wise decision? Tooltip DPS is roughly 34K. For horde or mobs, i dont see the difference. I may have to shoot another arrow but i dont think its a big deal.

Crit chance is about 50~% and crit multiplier is about 500~%

I started raiding up to T10 maps. Its decent so far but i believe I need some advice to move forward.

How can i progress to End-game built? My Character is public, could someone check it out? Greatly appreciated.

Also, any word on whether Rigwald's Quills will be available in 3.0?
"
Anesthetize34 wrote:
Also, any word on whether Rigwald's Quills will be available in 3.0?

Worst case you will have to use The Wolf or The Wolven King's Bite div cards.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info