[2.6] Flash Freeze Ice Shot Ranger

"
Xenovenom wrote:
"
Hi. How do rangers get arctic breath. Is it from a drop?

It's a vendor reward for Templar, Witch, Shadow, and Scion for the "Sever the Right Hand" optional quest. So you will either need to use another character to get it, buy it from someone, or hope you get lucky and get it as a drop as you level.

Appreciate that answer man.
If anyone is playing this build - please let me know how far you've taken it.

I've done a few builds recently that have ran out of steam mid-late game .... would like to make sure I can take this build well into mid-80s and some end game (red) maps. Uber Atziri as well ... I need to farm for currency as everything has got so expensive this league :-(

Also ... would barrage work as the single target DPS? Is there a reason why blast rain is chosen?

Ta.
"
zedzed_uk wrote:
If anyone is playing this build - please let me know how far you've taken it.

I've done a few builds recently that have ran out of steam mid-late game .... would like to make sure I can take this build well into mid-80s and some end game (red) maps. Uber Atziri as well ... I need to farm for currency as everything has got so expensive this league :-(

I don't know if it will mean much coming from the thread poster but I have done this build before prophecy league up to level 89 and then again in prophecy to level 90. It is a solid build and I have done normal Atziri with it but I think Uber Atziri will be a little out of its ability unless you know the fights so well you never get hit.

"
zedzed_uk wrote:
Also ... would barrage work as the single target DPS? Is there a reason why blast rain is chosen?

Ta.

Each has their pro's and con's but either would work. If you are going to use the Chin Sol barrage will be fine to use since you will be close to the target and you have a higher chance of all the arrows hitting but if you are going to use any other bow Blast Rain will be a better choice since using conc. effect will give you a small area of effect making all four projectiles hit the same target and you can do it at long ranges thus making you more safe.
I see that Raider was mentioned as an option, but nothing more has been said. I can only assume Deadeye is better, BUT Raider is also viable if you have that need for speed?
"
xecutable wrote:
I see that Raider was mentioned as an option, but nothing more has been said. I can only assume Deadeye is better, BUT Raider is also viable if you have that need for speed?

I wouldn't say either is better but they both have their strength. Deadeye ascendancy always has its damage bonuses in use and the extra chain is the greatest. The Raider ascendancy can generate Frenzy charges with extra bonuses without the use of the Ice Bite gem allowing for another gem in its place.

I like it because it gives people options for a build that suits their playstyle better, like the Uber ascendancy option for Deadeye that was added after someone had mentioned it.
"
Xenovenom wrote:
"
xecutable wrote:

I wouldn't say either is better but they both have their strength. Deadeye ascendancy always has its damage bonuses in use and the extra chain is the greatest. The Raider ascendancy can generate Frenzy charges with extra bonuses without the use of the Ice Bite gem allowing for another gem in its place.

I like it because it gives people options for a build that suits their playstyle better, like the Uber ascendancy option for Deadeye that was added after someone had mentioned it.

I see. Thanks for the detailed explanation. Do you mind putting up in the guide a 6L setup for both Ice Shot and Barrage. I didn't find anything about Barrage links at all.

And one last question about the Frenzies. Are they a prefence style again, as I didn't see an Ice Bite gem shown in the description?
Last edited by xecutable on Nov 1, 2016, 6:32:28 AM
"
xecutable wrote:

I see. Thanks for the detailed explanation. Do you mind putting up in the guide a 6L setup for both Ice Shot and Barrage. I didn't find anything about Barrage links at all.

And one last question about the Frenzies. Are they a prefence style again, as I didn't see an Ice Bite gem shown in the description?

The Frenzy charges were there if you took the Raider Ascendancy or Ice Bite since they would be more beneficial than the other tree's few extra damage nodes. Ice Bite itself was only mentioned twice, once under the Reach of the Council in optional uniques and again in the Edit section of the thread. I would only use it for a 6 link Ice Shot or in a Reach otherwise it wouldn't be as good since it only provides damage with quality and only on frozen enemies.

As for the first part, this was built to function as a 5 link build that can easily perform in endgame since 6 linking is rather expensive for most. That said I kind of gave my opinion for a 6 link Ice Shot just above, though any gem that gives you more phys damage will work.

Barrage was only mentioned in the replies in the thread and was never part of the build. From the beginning this has always been a Blast Rain for single target build and it does work. I'm not saying Barrage won't work but I would like to stay away from the "go to" skills that everyone has grown accustom to.
I see thanks for the detailed response. Great build I'm currently leveling it and i love it.
"
4 link
- Cast When Damage taken - level 7
- Arctic Breath - level 10
- Summon Ice Golem - level 9
- Greater Multiple Projectiles - Max level

Can you explain this link plz? Why you use that?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info