[3.0] AFK Gone Cheap - AFK up to T16 guardians||Shaper killed || 3.0 balls video montage!

"
Have you considered Brass Dome as a chest piece? When I ripped with this build in essence HC I was high 80s and I tried Minotaur in standard for fun. I face tanked him for a long time right up until I got crit which one shot me, so I immediately thought of Brass Dome to fix this. Would it be a viable alternative or would it not be worth the health loss compared to Belly of the Beast?

This has been discussed many times in the thread and my answer before has been like: "try what you think seem fit, but I will keep on recommending belly because I find it the best option."

In your scenario with minotaur, it's hard to know that it really was the crit that killed.

The default crit multiplier is 1.3, which means his hits would have hit you for an extra 30%. However, minotaur hits with lightning and what does lightning damage do when it crits, it shocks you. Shock makes you take 50% more damage. Brass dome would increase the duration of that shock by 50%... Also while having shock, we take several hits and the chance of one of the hitting hard is a lot higher than that the crit would have gotten a high damage roll as it is only 1 hit vs several.

For those who think that crit is the main problem, you could just get indomitable. If you find the 10% inc. damage left on crits too much, you could get enfeeble too, that would bring you to take 2% reduraced damage on crits, compared to non crit hits on bosses (40% curse effect, would be even less if you count in eg. blasphemy). This will cost you in between 3-6 nodes in the tree and 6 nodes in the tree equals about 20% inc. life in endgame. This effect would be better than brass dome. On top of that, belly of the beast gives 40% inc. life and has better socket colours.

This will however still not solve the shock issue, but at least not make it worse.
IGN :ChrispieD, FreeZedByPulse, StruckByTunder
Last edited by ChrispieD on Jan 4, 2017, 8:51:03 AM
Is there any alternative to BV in a BBBGR link?
I've read about the Spark alternative in earlier posts, but that seems to be more suitable for BBBGG links and I don't really have any sources for added lightning damage on my gear either.

The sole reason I'm looking for an alternative is that BV seems to crash the PoE client for other players in group play more often than not.
"
ChrispieD wrote:
it shocks you. Shock makes you take 50% more damage.

Shock is not a "more" multiplier per se, it's rather "additive".

And a flask "of Grounding" does come in handy in certain situations. ;)
Last edited by tomay on Jan 4, 2017, 9:48:23 AM
"
arcana wrote:
I've read about the Spark alternative in earlier posts, but that seems to be more suitable for BBBGG links and I don't really have any sources for added lightning damage on my gear either.

Well, the ideal Spark setup would require BBBBGG

Spark + SE + Pierce + GMP + CtI + Elemental Proliferation (swap the last three for Slower Projectiles + FC + Controlled Destruction for maximum damage at bosses)

With BBBBGR use Iron Will instead of Pierce, the damage will be about the same if not better, except the projectiles don't pierce but expire on impact, a minor drawback while clearing but not the end of the world.

(If you only have a 5-link body armour, do away with Elemental Proliferation)

"
arcana wrote:
The sole reason I'm looking for an alternative is that BV seems to crash the PoE client for other players in group play more often than not.

Whether this will resolve the issue of crashing your mates' clients remains to be seen... the problem is not so much our active setup (if anything Spark makes matters worse as we can instantly set the whole screen ablaze) but the mayhem that kicks in when our CWDT setups trigger.

Nor do we fare particularly well in party play. Ever played with someone freezing monsters? A Nightmare. And some boss fights don't go very well either when they attack our friends rather than us.

This is not and will never be a party-friendly build. ;)
Last edited by tomay on Jan 4, 2017, 10:09:55 AM
"
tomay wrote:
"
arcana wrote:

This is not and will never be a party-friendly build. ;)

I find this build pretty ok for parties from same server. And pretty ok for me for parties from SanPaolo :) I don't die even with ping 1000.

Sure if there some BF Crit build - you feel kinda useless. But alive :)
"
tomay wrote:
"
ChrispieD wrote:
it shocks you. Shock makes you take 50% more damage.

Shock is not a "more" multiplier per se, it's rather "additive".

And a flask "of Grounding" does come in handy in certain situations. ;)

This is correct, however it will be a multplier independent of the usual increased dmg multiplier on monsters etc. So about the only things that are additive with this are curses on you. After adding these together, it will multiply with the monster dmg modyfiers (not add). So it will almost function as a more multiplier. That is, if you don't have damage increasing curses on you (which you absolutely shouldn't on minotaur fight), shock will make you take 1.5 times the amount you would have taken without shock. That is, the monsters will make 50% more damage on you.

However this is just discussion of wording and doesn't really change my point ;).

Flask of grounding is indeed very handy ;)

IGN :ChrispieD, FreeZedByPulse, StruckByTunder
"
ChrispieD wrote:
it will multiply with the monster dmg modyfiers (not add). So it will almost function as a more multiplier. That is, if you don't have damage increasing curses on you

Well, if the map has other mods such as "extra damage as", Shock will be calculated before them.

"
ChrispieD wrote:
I will keep on recommending belly because I find it the best option.

And rightly so, for Belly is by far the best all-round body armour for this build... and reasonably cheap (unless you want them six links so badly).

As I said with respect to The Brass Dome, you really want a very high "base" health pool before it makes sense, which we're unlikely to achieve before level 95 (or higher). And before I dish out a sh*t ton of currency for a 6L BD and the required colouring I'd rather get Kaom's Heart for certain boss fights.

Last edited by tomay on Jan 4, 2017, 12:54:08 PM

Not sure why I am dying? It's actually verrry frustrating.

Any ideas?
"
MidgetLove wrote:
Not sure why I am dying? It's actually verrry frustrating.

Any ideas?

1. You need jewels with 7% to Maximum Life, nothing else matters, as a bonus look for Attributes/Resistances, Chance to Ignite, applicable damage modifiers (in this order)

2. Get better boots, i.e. "moar" life.

3. Spam some Blessed Orbs on your belt and make that implicit 40 Life.

4. Replace Fire Penetration in your Belly with Iron Will ("moar" damage = better leech).

5. Since you have Avatar of Fire, consider at least one Fire skill in your high-level CWDT setup (for example Flame Surge instead of Bladefall. "Moar" damage = ??? That's right, better leech, and this time where it really matters, i.e. after a "Savage Hit".;)

6. Exceptional Performance (skill duration) is a convenience not a necessity, it only makes the blades spin a bit longer. Use the three skill points and make your way to Cruel Preparation, after that take Quick Recovery and the jewel socket above (use it for 8% Anatomical Knowledge).

Last edited by tomay on Jan 4, 2017, 2:15:46 PM
Hello,

i have checked prices and essence of hysteria is like 50c (one) on std, is that absolutely needed ? thanks!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info