Map Drop Rate

"
Aerinx wrote:
"
Docbp87 wrote:
Okay, so you got a shit return on one map. That isn't a fair sample. First off, you aren't really supposed to be able to sustain tier 16 maps. That's just the reality of it. If you were to run 10 tier 16 maps, all well rolled, and only get tier 9 or lower returns, then yes, that would suck. At the end of the day RNG is RNG, and all you can do is roll maps the best you can and hope that is enough to swing the balance in your favour.

Why do you think that is an acceptable thing to happen? Why do you think it's ok to not be able to run the difficulty that your character can manage?

Why? Because if it took no skill to play the game, no one would. Games were stuff is just handed to you get old in a matter of hours or days... not months or years. In PoE you have to know what you're doing to sustain a higher level of maps. If you don't, you don't. It's not RNG in any sense of the term in the long run. If you're not sustaining maps as well as others, it's because others are playing better than you.
"
Shagsbeard wrote:
Because if it took no skill to play the game, no one would.

There's a difference between skill and knowledge.

"
Shagsbeard wrote:
In PoE you have to know what you're doing to sustain a higher level of maps. If you don't, you don't. It's not RNG in any sense of the term in the long run. If you're not sustaining maps as well as others, it's because others are playing better than you.

In the long run, yes. "Law of large numbers" 101. But when it comes to end game mapping, the RNG is so "severe" that it can take large amounts of hours to "get even". 10. 50. 100.

A person can be lucky, run 20 maps, and suddenly have a pool of 20 maps of the next level, while an other person run the same 20 maps, with the same mods, and get no returns. I know, because I HAVE run 20 good maps in a row, without a single +1/2. I have ALSO run about 20 maps with A LOT of returns.

And skill has NOTHING to do with it. Maybe if we're talking "pr hour", but not when we're talking "pr map".
Sometimes, just sometimes, you should really consider adapting to the world, instead of demanding that the world adapts to you.
Map drops are being altered by GGG behind the scenes on a daily/weekly basis to make players buy MTXes.

Past 2 days have been utter shit in terms of map drops. But the day 2.4.1 launched everyone got flooded in maps which resulted in people selling off MASSIVE amounts of guardian fragments on PoE trade, the result of which can still be seen today.

Sometimes the map drop rate is amazing, but then a period of draught is initiated by GGG so they can better control what kind of content people are running, so they don't get bored.

I know this sounds like some conspiracy theory but my friends and I have been monitoring the map drop rates very closely using our own spreadsheets while following the same method. We have cleared a metric ton of maps and in those cases RNG simply does not apply anymore.

Ask any top level mapper who plays almost fulltime: GGG boosts and lowers the rates of specific map tiers to boost their MTX sales. It's simple psychology. If you starve a dog first, and give it food eventually, it will be grateful. And grateful dogs buy MTXes.

Last edited by Smelldorr on Oct 22, 2016, 1:47:10 PM
"
Smelldorr wrote:
Map drops are being altered by GGG behind the scenes on a daily/weekly basis to make player buy MTXes.

Past 2 days have been utter shit in terms of map drops. But the day 2.4.1 launched everyone got flooded in maps which resulted in people selling off MASSIVE amounts of guardian fragments on PoE trade, the result of which can still be seen today.

Sometimes the map drop rate is amazing, but then a period of draught is initiated by GGG so they can better control what kind of content people are running, so they don't get bored.

I know this sounds like some conspiracy theory but my friends and I have been monitoring the map drop rates very closely using our own spreadsheets while following the same method. We have cleared a metric ton of maps and in those cases RNG simply does not apply anymore.

Ask any top level mapper who plays almost fulltime: GGG boosts and lowers the rates of specific map tiers to boost their MTX sales. It's simple psychology. If you starve a dog first, and give it food eventually, it will be grateful. And grateful dogs buy MTXes.

Wow this is some next level tin foil hat shit right here.
Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr
You replied faster than you could have read it. And we know it sounds tinfoily, but there are many players that feel the same way.
Last edited by Smelldorr on Oct 22, 2016, 1:49:08 PM
"
Smelldorr wrote:
You replied faster than you could have read it. And we know it sounds tinfoily, but there are many players that feel the same way.

ROFL Many players huh? Yo this is going to be some good shit right here. I'd be COVERED in t16's with the amount of money I've given them am I covered in them? No fuck no
Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr
Last edited by Coconutdoggy on Oct 22, 2016, 1:52:49 PM
"
"
Smelldorr wrote:

ROFL Many players huh? Yo this is going to be some good shit right here. I'd be COVERED in t16's with the amount of money I've given them am I covered in them? No fuck no

Not when you troll the forums all day instead of play when the boost was activated.

Also, is it really that far fetched? Chris has openly admitted on a podcast once that they actively monitor and alter the droprates of currency and uniques. So why not maps? If you ran as many end game maps as us you would know this to be true.
R O F L wow yo this is some fucking GOLDEN shit right here. I'm 100% sure I have more play time then everyone in this fucking forum and you think I don't run shit all day? Are you serious right now?

LMAO

400+ shaper kills
T16's ALL day night

And you think I don't run shit all day? Holy fucking shit dude here I'll give you a small taste of my so called ''Time'' Other then killing people in real life what else do you think I do? Forum? Sure that's an off thing other then that no all I do is play PoE t16's all fucking day all fucking night and you think I don't run this shit?

I even stream it ''dude'' like seriously? LMAO yo hold me back boys this is some golden fucking tin foil right here.

Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr
Last edited by Coconutdoggy on Oct 22, 2016, 2:08:22 PM
"
R O F L wow yo this is some fucking GOLDEN shit right here. I'm 100% sure I have more play time then everyone in this fucking forum and you think I don't run shit all day? Are you serious right now?

LMAO

400+ shaper kills
T16's ALL day night

And you think I don't run shit all day? Holy fucking shit dude here I'll give you a small taste of my so called ''Time'' Other then killing people in real life what else do you think I do? Forum? Sure that's an off thing other then that no all I do is play PoE t16's all fucking day all fucking night and you think I don't run this shit?

I even stream it ''dude'' like seriously? LMAO yo hold me back boys this is some golden fucking tin foil right here.

gz
Yeah stay silent thinking you fucking know me.
Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info