Recent changes to the Shaper fight

"
Char1983 wrote:
Does anyone know, btw, how much damage the Shaper slam deals?

EDIT: And what damage type it is?

Physical definitely, plus most likely cold. I did some tests after this patch to see how hard it is to survive. The Shaper is Enfeebled (20/20 + 10% curse effect). Inquisitor (8% LESS ele damage) with AA (13% LESS phys) and 85% cold res and no armor gets hit for more than 8.5k (1-shot with 8561 ES). However, if I pop a Basalt flask (20% phys mitigation) then I get hit for almost exactly 7k.

You can try to calculate the raw damage that he'd do without Enfeeble and all that mitigation, assuming it's 50% phys 50% cold.
Last edited by Kelvynn on Oct 27, 2016, 2:10:40 AM
"
Legatus1982 wrote:

Literally everything they change includes a stealth nerf to melee. I'm pretty sure they do it on purpose now.

Melee is collateral damage, change is aimed at bv, icestorm and all other "stand in melee range, hold right-click, while eating a sandwich and watching AHS on tv" builds that faceroll shaper.
"
Char1983 wrote:
Does anyone know, btw, how much damage the Shaper slam deals?

Got hit for more than 10k without basalt up.
5.4k hit with Enfeeble, Inquisitor, AA, 85% cold res, Granite and Basalt (55% phys mitigation stat).
Last edited by Kelvynn on Oct 27, 2016, 12:24:45 PM
Meaning I should not tank it with 4.7k HP ;).

It can be dodged though. Probably blocked as well.
Remove Horticrafting station storage limit.
"
Char1983 wrote:
Meaning I should not tank it with 4.7k HP ;).

It can be dodged though. Probably blocked as well.

Yes. It's an attack, not a spell. I sometimes block it with my staff (12% block chance) and take zero damage.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info