[2.6] Sorith's Arctic Breath Shotgun Witch [Budget friendly & nice clear speed]

"
Hey i am new on this game
this arctic breath will work on Tabula Rasa l find it last day
or it need to be put on 6 link weapon only?

Tabula is fine until you can get at least 5L in your staff.

"
How am i suppose to get green sockets on staffs? RNG is not on my side :(

Lvl 7 master, craft 3 Green in your hideout.

"
How abaut version with snakepits rings?

If you can manage your resistances Snakepits are fine. You can remove amulet and use talisman with spelldmg/life/resists, or simply any rare with at least good hp & resists rolls. But still if you have those high resists with rare gloves I would go for Winds of Change for better utility. They'll push targets close to terrain which means more skulls explosions will hit them. You can do your own experiments with this build, there are no rules you need to obey really, just try if something works out for you and you enjoy it :)
Last edited by kierny on Mar 26, 2017, 5:03:58 AM
Thanks for the build! Been getting tired of this firestorm build I've been running so I've been looking for builds to test to see if I like them before going through the hassle of leveling again.

Came upon this build and decided to try it out. So far am having a lot of fun in low tier maps. Now I have to decide if I want to relevel an alt or swap 30-35 passives around. Nice think but the firestorm build i am running has the same exact ascendencies...

The gear requirements are really cheap except for that staff.

I just happened to have 2 bitterdreams in the stash (with six gem passives) with arctic/echo/multi and arctic/echo/faster projectiles so I am running with them right now with two shields. For anyone that wants to try this build out this might be a good low cost solution before dropping currency on that staff.

I wish you good social credit in the scores to come.
Last edited by Snailmail on Apr 9, 2017, 1:40:06 PM
"
Snailmail wrote:
Thanks for the build! Been getting tired of this firestorm build I've been running so I've been looking for builds to test to see if I like them before going through the hassle of leveling again.

Came upon this build and decided to try it out. So far am having a lot of fun in low tier maps. Now I have to decide if I want to relevel an alt or swap 30-35 passives around. Nice think but the firestorm build i am running has the same exact ascendencies...

The gear requirements are really cheap except for that staff.

I just happened to have 2 bitterdreams in the stash (with six gem passives) with arctic/echo/multi and arctic/echo/faster projectiles so I am running with them right now with two shields. For anyone that wants to try this build out this might be a good low cost solution before dropping currency on that staff.

I'm glad to hear you enjoy it :)
HOW about if i use THE HALCYON - JADE AMULET

And Which Jewels u recomend.. more cold damage? or AoE damage?
maybe % to freeze? :)
Last edited by LordValderramac on Apr 19, 2017, 7:49:07 PM
"
HOW about if i use THE HALCYON - JADE AMULET

And Which Jewels u recomend.. more cold damage? or AoE damage?
maybe % to freeze? :)

Halcyon is good option too with better damage. Just swap it with something else vs bosses. The Pandemonius is good too. Ya, Pandemonius should be much better with cold penetration so I would go for it instead of Halcyon.
How i can get some endurance chargues? i do not understand how will works the inmortal call without
endurance chargues :c

And how u chill in the first hit?
Last edited by LordValderramac on May 3, 2017, 10:28:00 PM
"
How i can get some endurance chargues? i do not understand how will works the inmortal call without
endurance chargues :c

And how u chill in the first hit?

Immortal Call doesn't need endurance charges to work. With endurance charges it's just longer.

If the target if frozen it counts as chilled too. Also when freeze duration ends target is chilled after.
HI i am lvl 56! and i want to know if concentrated effect support is a good option instead faster projectilles.. i have a 45%projectile speed modifier obtained from wands - without the "faster projectiles support gem"
and i have 53% increased AOE | so i want to know if concentrated effect wich reduces the AoE in 30% and gives a lot of (More area of damage) , will be more usefull for my build 53% - 30% = 23% "this still looking good for me" and this " MOre area of damage" affects the arctic breath's explosion? i am not sure because when i use this support gem.. my Dps dont changues..
i want to know if this "45% more area damage" is equal than say "45%more spell damage" , but their damage is hiden?
i guess 45% more area damage , for arctic breath is the same than 45%more spell damage| please answer to me ||| and TY for this amazing build!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
You can use Conc. Effect for clearing, but for bosses I would stick to Inc. AoE. But still the damage was more than enough for fast clearing without Conc. Effect.

Simply coz you never know how far from obstacle boss will stand, it's and AI so you cannot control this.
Also there's a chance that with Conc. Effect boss won't get hit by 1-2 additional explosions from skulls.

I know this support gem is really tempting but I never had any problems without it. Clear speed is pretty good, just bosses require from you some good placement and some thinking :)

Also about damage not showing in your tooltip, it's included in Stats section, on the top:
"
REMEMBER! Area Damage from passives/armor is not included in Arctic Breath Tooltip but it still increases the explosion damage! Also Hypothermia support gem damage when chilled is not included in Tooltip.

Last edited by kierny on May 21, 2017, 8:08:50 AM
Thanks for the help
i have this problems because i just have a 5Linked Taryn Shiver.. so i always dont know which gems
i can use with a 5L .. for clear and which ones i have to changue when i fight against a boss

I have a Taryn Shiver 4 blue sockets and 1 green socket

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info