Addicted?

This thread wasn't nearly as serious as some of you makes it out to be. I just noticed that I was thinking A WHOLE lot about the game. As I said, I'm pretty strict with myself when it comes to other activities, as I'm trying to be healthy, both mentally and physically.

"
Erial wrote:
I do not understaand why you are so addicted after being "All dressed up with nowhere to go"...

You referring to the map drop rate thread? Man, I still struggle. But...

I have more places to go no, because I play soft core; after reaching a certain level, I stopped giving a shit, rolling maps as hard as humanly possible, dying like crazy - but slowly building up my pool. When I'm done building a pool, I will start leveling again. Sad to do it this way, but it's the only way giving me positive results.
Sometimes, just sometimes, you should really consider adapting to the world, instead of demanding that the world adapts to you.
I feel quite the opposite for whatever reason. I still lurk the forums few times a week but realistically, I have only played like a week of this new xpac/league and I have been around since the CB. I think that the levelling process in this game particularly just deters me severely, even though I am used to it from other games alike over the years. Sure the game added a ton of new features and mapping content, but my mind just isn't on par with what's on paper this time around sadly.. :\ Here's to waiting until difficulties are shortened or until cruel is removed.
Last edited by Matacka on Oct 16, 2016, 2:17:59 PM
"
Matacka wrote:
I feel quite the opposite for whatever reason. I still lurk the forums few times a week but realistically, I have only played like a week of this new xpac/league and I have been around since the CB. I think that the levelling process in this game particularly just deters me severely, even though I am used to it from other games alike over the years. Sure the game added a ton of new features and mapping content, but my mind just isn't on par with what's on paper this time around sadly.. :\ Here's to waiting until difficulties are shortened or until cruel is removed.

Word is now that we might see this early 2017.
That would be really nice. Though, last I heard that would happen when more acts are introduced. Here's to hoping 2017 is indeed the year.
that's the game
I'm not addicted, I can stop anytime I want. I just have to level six empower gems to level 3 first, then gather the gear for the next build, which will be fucking epic, and level it to at least ninety-something, and...

Nevermind.
The Wheel of Nerfs turns, and builds come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the build that gave it birth comes again.
Last edited by Entropic_Fire on Oct 26, 2016, 11:23:13 PM
Retention is really good. Almost 20k peak players on Steam six weeks into the league...
GGG banning all political discussion shortly after getting acquired by China is a weird coincidence.
I played UO for nearly 14 years. I played EQ2 for 5 years. I wouldn't worry about addiction to a game that is only 3 years old. ;)
You know that look women give you when they want to have sex? Yah. Me neither. - Drew Carey
"
Sihvebi wrote:
I played UO for nearly 14 years. I played EQ2 for 5 years. I wouldn't worry about addiction to a game that is only 3 years old. ;)

Hope you're not serious there cause that is a flawed way to look at any types of addiction.

If you're cancelling plans to do anything to play more PoE, you're addicted. Whether that's 2 weeks in or 9 years down the road. It's the reason why I don't want to play any MMORPGs again. Saying no to anything because you have a raid scheduled that night is not acceptable but we've all done it at some point.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info