Addicted?

It seems to me you haven't played enough with Atlas of Worlds to get tired of it just yet. This time it took me longer than usual too.
1) I'd suggest you to play a lot to get it over with as soon as possible.
2) Another possible solution is to challenge the RNG. For example, try 6-linking your item of choice. Burn all your currency on RNG. It will leave you very disappointed.
3, Think about how useless it is to play PoE as opposed to spending the time being productive. For me, it's honing my art skills.
Good luck! :)

If you enjoy theory crafting and have wild thoughts of how you next build will be great (even though it probably won't because of more stupid nerfs) then you many be addicted. More likely with everything GGG does to nerf us out of playing but we still do then we have a PoE affliction.
"You've got to grind, grind, grind at that grindstone..."
Necessity may be the mother of invention, but poor QoP in PoE is the father of frustration.

The perfect solution to fix Trade Chat:
www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2247070
I always say every man has his addiction, hopefully yours isn't a a "big deal"
Closed Beta|Open Beta|Release|League Only

I reckon 90% of ppl are "addicted" to something or other...sugar, coffee, drugs, alcohol, watching TV, exercising...you name it.

POE is a lot less damaging to the physical body or the hip pocket than most addictions....so meh...enjoy. Time and age will change your perspective soon enough.
"Addiction is a medical condition characterized by compulsive engagement in rewarding stimuli, despite adverse consequences." https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Addiction

lol; you go to work, you pee in the bathroom when you gotta pee and don't have a bucket next to your desk;(well, there was this one time... I digress!).. you go make a sandwich; maybe sip on some tia maria... other ppl go outside all day, work all day, watch tv all day, do their crosswords all day while walking to the toilet to take their pee too... creature comforts is part of life BUT it doesn't run your life; maybe addiction isn't the word we are looking for

if you are happy, fed, have a roof over your head, i think you can safely say that whether or not you wanna call it addiction, it's all in the way you perceive it

its a game, you play it, it makes you happy and it doesn't take from the pillars of life :)
POE is life. POE is ♥.
Last edited by KonaLuvsPOE on Oct 18, 2016, 3:51:19 PM
I was/am totally addicted into this game, for over 2 years i basically played the same amount of hours than the streamers.. it was awesome though.

Lately i realised that i usually don't even see people on weekdays or me being sober... and basically i feel that i'm lacking some basic IRL interaction skills, i just don't know how to deal with people xD

Time to put stop into that, for the past 3 months my daily average is under 2 hours and there are some (still odd) days that i don't login at all.

So whatever you wanna call it, it's slowly going into the right direction.

I tried to play some other games but nothing kept me playing more that 2 hours, then i usually uninstall. But when i login into this masterpiece, that 2 hours goes away without me even noticing ;)

My biggest problem with PoE is that i'm an altoholic and i also like to stare at the ladder and because the way i am, founding some items worth trying to build around, it's very easy to loose real world until that character is around 85-90, i just can't wait the results of my idea/item :P
d:-D*
"
PyleWarlord wrote:
I was/am totally addicted into this game, for over 2 years i basically played the same amount of hours than the streamers.. it was awesome though.

Lately i realised that i usually don't even see people on weekdays or me being sober... and basically i feel that i'm lacking some basic IRL interaction skills, i just don't know how to deal with people xD

Time to put stop into that, for the past 3 months my daily average is under 2 hours and there are some (still odd) days that i don't login at all.

So whatever you wanna call it, it's slowly going into the right direction.

I tried to play some other games but nothing kept me playing more that 2 hours, then i usually uninstall. But when i login into this masterpiece, that 2 hours goes away without me even noticing ;)

My biggest problem with PoE is that i'm an altoholic and i also like to stare at the ladder and because the way i am, founding some items worth trying to build around, it's very easy to loose real world until that character is around 85-90, i just can't wait the results of my idea/item :P

aren't you legitimately diagnosed with autism? Just askin because I've read it's common for autist people to have only one interest and lacking basic social skills. I do lack social skills as well but not basic ones. It sucks. Also, I get bored with PoE easily. I'm hyped at the beginning of every league but I get bored once I bring one character to 90ish.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info