New 2.4.1 Sextant Mods Part II

- increase sextant drop rate
- decrease the spawn frequency of thrash effects
When night falls
She cloaks the world
In impenetrable darkness
another delay... like the new skills...

anyway, could you plz fix your servers/performance issues? A lot of people got laggs when many monsters die at the same time and none of these persons had this issue before 2.4.

/edit:

"
Ors_Coraxo wrote:
another delay......... hope this update helps with shitty map drops, doubt it thou.

sry, but it was never this easy to sustain t13+ maps. You are doing something rly wrong or you need more %bonus from the atlas.
Last edited by Ryouko on Oct 14, 2016, 4:03:45 AM
Fix your game first !
I've been looking forward to play during weekend. :(
Anyway these mods looks good, especially Hunted Traitors. I kind of like idea with conflicts between monsters. It makes the world more live.
Wow no patch... "Want to make sure that all known issues are solved before we release it"

Did u fix the issue with the stuttering and lags that started occuring to many people after patch 2.4.0D which supposedly had to fix the bugs with extraneous disk access on the main thread but only made things worse? Seriously, when are you gonna do something about it? I was so happy with all the multithreading and engine improvements like those particles or something which made a lot of improvement to game performance and then one little patch f*cked it up significantly, wow, how can this even happen?
Stupid PoE2 Particle System Patch...

New mute system is another hot garbage.
Last edited by y3lw0rC on Oct 14, 2016, 5:07:30 AM
interesting mechanics. like it.

regarding "what's not increasing monster pack size/loot is shit" => for good stuff to be good there also needs to be stuff that's not beneficial to your personal advantage.

to those "fix your game, ggg" posters => can't you dump your complaints into the bug or tech forum instead making this announcement an offtopic spam?
age and treachery will triumph over youth and skill!
Kudos for the onslaught one which is more of a headache to ranged than melee. You probably could have even given mobs 150% effect.
I'm afraid this is structurally broken.

Say what you like about power creep, but the player is only incentivised to mod a map if it makes it
i) drop more loot (this is the way regular map crafting works); or
ii) easier (so as to be able to attempt higher tier maps, that drop more loot).

Sextants don't generally do (i). And they don't do (ii) reliably either.

They are intended to make it easier, conditionally. The problem is, you're rolling against a table in which you're quite likely to get something that doesn't make it easier, or actually makes it harder. Whatever you roll may make it easier for *someone*, but it's unlikely to make it easier for you.

Examples:
* Curses on player much less effective; player curses a bit less effective. Firstly, this is only really beneficial on a map with a curse mod on it. And if you're a player that uses curses, it's likely to be a bad trade-off; if you're a player that *relies* on curses, like a tri-curse witch or someone relying on Blasphemy/CoH+warriors-mark for mana, then it's a terrible trade off.
* Onslaught. Well fine if you're a Raider, but for most people this will make it harder.
*Poison: most builds will want to cure this poison. Hybrids will really hurt. Fine for builds with massive regen, but again, that's a small proportion.

So if I'm running, say, this season's current meta (BV CI with Warlord's mark), that's two mods that make it harder and one that makes no difference. If I'm a hybrid witch, that could be two that may make my maps unplayable, and one that makes it worse. If I'm, say, a hierophant totemer or an earthquake juggernaut, I'll probably never notice these mods are active.

And because Sextants are so rare, I'm not going to be able to re-roll if I don't like the mod I rolled. It's safer not to bother using it at all.

The "traitors" mod is indeed cool - or would be if balanced well. But most players will never know, because they're not going to engage with the sextant system.

It's unusual for GGG to mess up, but I'm afraid this is a design fail that goes deeper than tweaking some numbers.
Great, more effects that the engine can't handle and more focus on timed shit, GG, GGG...
“Close your eyes and let the mind expand. Let no fear of death or darkness arrest its course. Allow the mind to merge with Mind. Let it flow out upon the great curve of consciousness. Let it soar on the wings of the great bird of duration, up to the very Circle of Eternity.”
"
vio wrote:

to those "fix your game, ggg" posters => can't you dump your complaints into the bug or tech forum instead making this announcement an offtopic spam?

pretty sure they already did but nothing happened from ggg's side, so why not post it in here to show their anger? Im with those people cause the current situation is just hilarious with all those laggs and stuttering.
Last edited by Ryouko on Oct 14, 2016, 6:45:53 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info