[3.8] What a Shocking Tri-Element Trapper! [Fire/Ice Trap build][UberAtziri/Shaper Video]

Would you think this weapon is Good to use? I think that the elemental equilibrium would kind of get messed up from the added fire to spells
"
nickscolari wrote:
Would you think this weapon is Good to use? I think that the elemental equilibrium would kind of get messed up from the added fire to spells

It would, indeed, constantly get in the way with Elemental Equilibrium as Enemies you hit would constantly get +25% fire res (Which I personally find kinda silly. EE should only proc for the highest Elemental damage dealt to that enemy IMO. I can't think of any situation were that would be broken).

A dagger with added Lightning Damage should get in the way the least and may even add to the damage, as with this build you usually tend to start off (and often only start) with the Shock Nova Trap.
Last edited by MrMoho on Jan 5, 2017, 1:30:00 AM
"
Hitting lvl70 today and was wondering about dexterity requirements for equipment and gems:
I dont like being dependent on dexterity on my items, is it ok to take one Alacrity node and forget about Dex on items?

A way (but maybe not the best) to work around this is to get an Atziri's Foible. I got one pretty early in the league and while it doesn't have any defense stats, it helped a lot with the mana problems and the stat requirements.
The downside is, that I used it for so long (currently at level 80), that half of my gear/gems become unusable once it's unequipped.
"
It would, indeed, constantly get in the way with Elemental Equilibrium as Enemies you hit would constantly get +25% fire res (Which I personally find kinda silly. EE should only proc for the highest Elemental damage dealt to that enemy IMO. I can't think of any situation were that would be broken).

True story, I had +3-6 fire on my gloves from level 60-80 or so - didn't realize til I got to merc lab. Yeah, it procs EE for both.
"
Crysar wrote:
"
Hitting lvl70 today and was wondering about dexterity requirements for equipment and gems:
I dont like being dependent on dexterity on my items, is it ok to take one Alacrity node and forget about Dex on items?

A way (but maybe not the best) to work around this is to get an Atziri's Foible. I got one pretty early in the league and while it doesn't have any defense stats, it helped a lot with the mana problems and the stat requirements.
The downside is, that I used it for so long (currently at level 80), that half of my gear/gems become unusable once it's unequipped.

Gems' dex req bothers me much more than items' req. :)
"
Gems' dex req bothers me much more than items' req. :)

Foible reduces them both!

That's why half my equipment becomes unusuable after taking it off. Not because of the items, but because of the now level 18 gems, who need 100 to 150 of a certain stat.
While leveling I never had any trouble with stats requirements and by not paying too much attention to that, it now reached the point where I can't exchange my amulet slot without having to replace several other items.
But as I said, I don't mind it right now as I'm used to all the extra mana and mana regen.
Is there any way you could post your stats?

Also, I feel a little weak doing breaches; I'll chill at the fringes lobbing traps in and constantly zoning out, but I'll still semifrequently get fragged by something. I'm chilling at 4.3k life and 2.1k ES with max resists so I'm not sure what exactly I'm doing wrong.
Last edited by KerrigorBlackwell on Jan 5, 2017, 2:19:15 PM
"
MrMoho wrote:
"
nickscolari wrote:

A dagger with added Lightning Damage should get in the way the least and may even add to the damage, as with this build you usually tend to start off (and often only start) with the Shock Nova Trap.

I think in that case i will probably not take EE at all, then
"

Also, I feel a little weak doing breaches; I'll chill at the fringes lobbing traps in and constantly zoning out, but I'll still semifrequently get fragged by something. I'm chilling at 4.3k life and 2.1k ES with max resists so I'm not sure what exactly I'm doing wrong.

It's actually bad to stay at the fringes of Breaches as enemies from the Breach will be able to hit you while you can't hit them (At least I believe that is the case).

"
I think in that case i will probably not take EE at all, then

Your call, but I highly advise against it. The amount of extra Fire/Ice/Lightning Spell damage you get from daggers like that will not make up for a 50% boost in damage from EE.
Last edited by MrMoho on Jan 5, 2017, 3:12:47 PM
"

I'm doing it similar to the OP:

5.3k life, 2.6k es. my fire trap does 27k damage raw, i.e. while in town. res capped etc. you can look at my character, gear is definitely suboptimal in places - that craft on my dagger is killing me inside. I've had an ok time with the whole thing.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info