[2.4 Video] LULFinder Malice COC Discharge. Shaper in 4mins15sec, NO Legacy VINKTAR

Hi guys, after weeks playing this char, i want to share this build with everyone.

I really like discharge, in the past i've made a build guide https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1181110. With new MTX discharge come out, i decided to make a build around this, hope i can get carried by MTX.

I've tried to search youtube for some build but not satisfied, the clear speed is too slow, and Vinktar legacy is just broken . 30% leech and instant, 30charges use. Mean while new Vinktar leech lesser 20%, and 54 charges !? the Amount of leech is ok, but 30 charges and 54 charges is huge diffent, with flask charge used node and belt, a Legacy vinktar can use 3 times, the new Vinktar can just use 1 time.

I mean this is not a cheap build, but at least pls make it non legacy, non mirror. Who the hell could find them in new league. So i tried to make my build and make it viable with new Vinktar.

*Pros:
-Use MTX discharge
-High clear speed, Huge dps

*Cons:
-Is Pathfinder
-Use Blade Vortex
-Is CI
-Use Vinktar

Here's the Video of the runs:

-Shaper Dual curse max DPS setup -4mins15sec - https://youtu.be/mj_O10iROoI

-Shaper Dual curse sustain setup -5mins42sec - https://youtu.be/MqAOrN3NE_4

-Shaper Single curse setup -6mins35sec - https://youtu.be/lCDiE0UNSHg

-Hydra - 4projectiles, vulnerable, Chain - https://youtu.be/yXUKe6iL7aU

-Phoenix - -16max res, noregen - https://youtu.be/7zsbHephVfw

-Minos - 60%less regen, extra fire, extra cold - https://youtu.be/CwisPhkeYUQ

-Gorge T13 -1min11s - vulnerable, inc crit - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GGdwpVQrIqI

Build detail and chimera i'll update soon, at work atm.
Skill tree
There's 3 trees that i used before/after i replace my gear and min maxing dps,

+Current Playing: For 2 curse user, Full Jew for DPS, can easy reach 11k ES for mapping with Jew change into maximum ES/multiplier, and respect Duration nodes to Shield defence/ES node.

-It's Optimized, only 54 strength, you need 62 to use Death's door, so get 8 more from Jews/ other gear.
-Arcane chemistry make you use your flask freely, dont even need to swap to chalice.
-6L setup : Cyclone - Inc crit - CoC - BV - Add accuracy - PCOC (or discharge)
-Curse :Assasin's Mark - Element Weakness
-If min maxing stats too hard then use the Old setup skill tree.

+Old setup: Old setup that i use in my video.
-6L setup: Cyclone - Inc crit - COC - BV - Faster attack - Discharge
-Curse : Assasin's Mark - Warlord's Mark.

+ Aura version 1 curse . Because this tree only got 1 curse, so we take 20% aura reverse so we can run Haste. Aura effect also boost Haste/Discipline effect, which also boost ES. LV93
-Curse : Assasin's Mark. Aura : Haste

Bandits
: Kill/Kill/Alira

Gear:

+Weapon:

-Nuff said, Find a 14% attack speed, add dmg to spell not important, because we use EE that make mobs always have +50% cold res. It does boost your tooltip though.

*Amulet:

Depend on your budget, if you cant afford 1 curse then use an attack speed one. 1 more curse make your life easier. With single curse you can still kill shaper anyway.

*Body armour:

For powercharges. The old gem setup is what i used with old skill tree and in video.

For new skill tree, better use this:
-Cyclone - Add accu - COC - BV - Inc crit strike - Powercharge on Crit (or discharge)

*Rings:

-mana cost Diamond ring with high resist, then multi craft, Remember to craft %max es and divine > 15%, this build need alot of ES%.

-Technically you can just run 1 Eleron ring, but with 2 rings, you can do no regen/ slower regen alot easier, so stick with it.

*Boots:

Death's door, got everything we need. Movespeed/can not be bleeded/Charges/Strengh/all resist, and 100 Energy shield also, too good to be true

Enchant with leech for safer mapping, it'll help alot, especially when you run 1 curse(no warlord's mark)

*Belt:

High ES, recommend Crystal belt with T1-T2 Flat ES

Reduced flask is a must, should devine > 15%, Reduce flask roll from 5->20%, so you can search poe.trade for some cheap and devine (may the rng be with you).

Single res and can craft flask duration. You can buy those Resist Shrieking Essence for 1 c and spam though.

Gloves:

A +3.5 crit chance or 20% more AS with 180 ES +

Or a Dual res, 200+ accuracy, >200 ES.

This is for Shield charge setup.

*3.5 critchance hand shine at Enfeeble map, and it allow you to use Vaal RF setup to 1 shot boss, or even minotaur.(if you got all Fire/spell crit multiplier on your jew).

*20% more AS let you map even faster.

*High ES/Accuracy/res is balanced and easier to find.

*Helm

As high ES as possible.If you cant afford >450ES, At least play with a 400->450 ES one, dont use 300~ ES.

And go grind Uberlab alldays, it'll give you currency and good enchant. A 400 ES with 30% not consum charge allow you to gain alot of extra DPS, so you can respect more DPS node and get ES nodes.

My helm i just leave it with 30% warlord mark, i'll re-enchant it when layout is good.

*Shield

Find a >500 ES with 2 res. Crit chance for Spell is good, but not require, safety come 1st.

*Jewels
-Jews are things that will decide your DPS/ES.Since we have 8 jews on skill tree, it'll affect the build alot.

-If you want go full DPS then choose 3/4 mods jew with DPS mod, if you want balanced choose Maximum ES/ 2 DPS mod. ( 8x7%ES = 56% ES, you'll gain extra ES but lost DPS)

-Full DPS 3 mods jews is just around 30-45c, but 4 mods will around 5 ex. So choose a 3 mods DPS and 1 Utility mod like Resist, Strength, its just around 30c - 1ex.

-For non Warlord's mark user: get at least 1 gem +2 mana gain on hit.

-Because the new skill tree scale cyclone by using full movement speed, so we dont need attack speed. Attack speed still work at clearing maps though, so i'll put it as Utility mod

*DPS mod :
-Multiplier with (Cold/Elemental/Fire/Lightning/Spell)
-Global multiplier
-Spell damage while holding a shield
-Spell damage
-Area damage
-Damage
-Lightning damage
-Fire damage

*Defensive
-Maximum Energy Shield %

*Utility
-Resist (mostly to overcap, dont depend on it too much, later if you want to go full DPS/ you'll have to switch your gear)
- + Mana gain on hit (roll 1->2, can divine)
-Strength (We need 8 strength to wear death's door)
-Strength + dex
-Strength + Int
-All Atribute (max roll = 8)
-Attack speed with sword
-Attack speed with one hand melee weapon
-Attack speed while holding a shield

*Flask

-Diamond flask : Roll remove curse, flask charge used or flask charge recovery.

-Rumi's : Get a 30% block one, this is our main source of defense again phys, and it's good.

-Chalice: For sustain Flask charge at long boss fight. Mainly guardians and Shaper. For me, i only use it at Hydra/Minos/Shaper, sometimes i dont even use it.

-Vinktar: Must have, use lightning pen flask only dont use other.

-Dying Sun: Must have for full screen explode, help alot at map clearing, reflect and phoenix.

-QuickSilver : Get adrenaline one, 29-30%. I prefer Flask charge recovery or Surgeon's because all my flask have base duration = 4.8 sec. You can get inc duration if you want.

A chemist's Quicksivler flask will pump your DPS though. But you'll need to press it twice on flask rotate.

-Basalt Flask : get an Chemist's Basalt flask of Ironskin. It'll work even for HC user (thanks Forsi).
While using it with rumis you'll get 90% physreduce and 30% reflect, which make phys dmg a joke (daresso/malachai)

V0.1: Added videos.
V0.2: Skill tree - 2 version.
V0.3: Updated lv95 skill tree, Full DPS shaper run.
V0.4: Added Jews, Flask.
V0.5: Added New skill tree
V0.6: More description on jews choice
[3.2]Muh Sprinkler - /view-thread/2117962
[3.2]Muh Poet's pen elementalist - /view-thread/2105455
[2.6]Unethical Voltaxic -6mans shaper - /view-thread/1882958
[2.4]LULFinder CocDischarge - /view-thread/1753207 (sucks now)
[1.3]JustAnotherCritMjolner - /view-thread/1181110 (relics of the past)
Last edited by Giaocolam on Nov 8, 2016, 12:47:29 AM
Last bumped on Jan 27, 2017, 1:52:23 PM
The hype for this build. So real, it looks really fun to play.
good
add gorge run to show clearing speed with perma dying sun
Thanks for sharing, I'm running a not dissimilar build, albeit with not quite as good gear yet. I had a few questions for you:

1. Are your res overcapped for ele weakness maps (I presume so given you have +res on a few of your jewels)?

2. Do you find Warlords Mark enough for leech against guardians without necessarily having Vessel up?

3. Whats the logic for having Discharge also in your 6L as well - just having it in Malice (linked to ele focus and conc effect) would be more dps than CoC-Discharge in the 6L? Think you might be better off replacing discharge with inc accuracy.

4. Why warlord's mark in particular? You could run Poacher's Mark for far greater flask uptime, including permanent Vessel (which provides better leeching than Warlord's).

PS Your +1 aura tree in poe planner doesn't take the 20% reduced mana reservation nodes like you say, so might just have been an error in the copy/paste.
Last edited by mrpetrov on Oct 12, 2016, 11:49:52 PM
"
mrpetrov wrote:
Thanks for sharing, I'm running a not dissimilar build, albeit with not quite as good gear yet. I had a few questions for you:

1. Are your res overcapped for ele weakness maps (I presume so given you have +res on a few of your jewels)?

2. Do you find Warlords Mark enough for leech against guardians without necessarily having Vessel up?

3. Whats the logic for having Discharge also in your 6L as well - just having it in Malice (linked to ele focus and conc effect) would be more dps than CoC-Discharge in the 6L? Think you might be better off replacing discharge with inc accuracy.

4. Why warlord's mark in particular? You could run Poacher's Mark for far greater flask uptime, including permanent Vessel (which provides better leeching than Warlord's).

PS Your +1 aura tree in poe planner doesn't take the 20% reduced mana reservation nodes like you say, so might just have been an error in the copy/paste.

Oh thanks i've fixed that tree haha.

1. Yes im overcapped ele weak, because i cant find a full dps 4 mod jew, and 3 dps mod +1 resist mod jews is cheap and findablem just around 40c->1ex each.

2.Warlords Mark with 30% effect from helm make the leech noticeable, but still need vinktar because that amount of leech still not enough to make our ES instant full when taking savage hit.

4.Poarcher's Mark is good, i use it for awhile, but the flask charge effect only affect flask charge gain on killed. Im using Warlord's Mark because of the Reflect when mapping, and provide some leech when i spam my vinktar too much.

3.Discharge in my 6L provide a good amount of dps, because COC now provide 40% more Spell damage, which make it onpair with discharge on Malice.
Another reason is because this colour is the one i get after 7-8 times 4G 2 R.
Last edited by Giaocolam on Oct 13, 2016, 2:46:34 AM
"
Giaocolam wrote:

Oh thanks i've fixed that tree haha.

1. Yes im overcapped ele weak, because i cant find a full dps 4 mod jew, and 3 dps mod +1 resist mod jews is cheap and findablem just around 40c->1ex each.

2.Warlords Mark with 30% effect from helm make the leech noticeable, but still need vinktar because that amount of leech still not enough to make our ES instant full when taking savage hit.

4.Poarcher's Mark is good, i use it for awhile, but the flask charge effect only affect flask charge gain on killed. Im using Warlord's Mark because of the Reflect when mapping, and provide some leech when i spam my vinktar too much.

3.Discharge in my 6L provide a good amount of dps, because COC now provide 40% more Spell damage, which make it onpair with discharge on Malice.
Another reason is because this colour is the one i get after 7-8 times 4G 2 R.

Thanks for responding, I have a few comments.

1. Poachers mark doesn't only work on kill, it works on all forms of charges gained. For example, it provides 100% charges gained from the Master Surgeon ascendancy (10% chance to gain flask charge on crit). It effectively provides the same charge recovery boost as The Overflowing Chalice.

3. I think having discharge on your 6L actually reduces your dps. The 40% more spell damage from CoC is not as good as the combined effect of Elemental Focus and Concentrated Effect which are used on Malice. Think of it this way, if you have 6 Power Charges and 5 End Charges to discharge, you would rather have them discharged through Malice (ie linked to Ele Focus and Conc Effect) than you would have them discharged through CoC.

Having two sets of discharge gems doesn't "double" the overall number of charges which are discharged, but it does unfortunately gimp one set of discharges to being only 40% more damage, whereas if you used Malice only ALL those charges would be discharged with Ele Focus and Conc Effect. Does that make sense? I think you'd find that buying a 4G-1r (inc duration)-1b or, 5g-1b (inc accuracy) would be a noticeable dps boost than your current setup.

The only scenario where I can think having a second discharge gem linked in your chest is if using only Malice doesn't allow you to proc discharge enough and you are effectively "stuck" at max charges for longer than you would be if you used 2x discharge gems.

Thanks!

P.
Last edited by mrpetrov on Oct 13, 2016, 10:37:40 AM
My crit just around 64% on full charge with cyclone, so yeah more chance to proc discharge is nice.

And futher more the discharge on my 6L work great, it does get inc crit chance gem, so the real dps just a bit lower, like 15->20%.

If i play assasin then yes'll get a inc duration/add accuracy. But for pathfinder i find 2nd discharge work really good.
"
mrpetrov wrote:

I think having discharge on your 6L actually reduces your dps. The 40% more spell damage from CoC is not as good as the combined effect of Elemental Focus and Concentrated Effect which are used on Malice. Think of it this way, if you have 6 Power Charges and 5 End Charges to discharge, you would rather have them discharged through Malice (ie linked to Ele Focus and Conc Effect) than you would have them discharged through CoC.

Having two sets of discharge gems doesn't "double" the overall number of charges which are discharged, but it does unfortunately gimp one set of discharges to being only 40% more damage, whereas if you used Malice only ALL those charges would be discharged with Ele Focus and Conc Effect. Does that make sense? I think you'd find that buying a 4G-1r (inc duration)-1b or, 5g-1b (inc accuracy) would be a noticeable dps boost than your current setup.

The only scenario where I can think having a second discharge gem linked in your chest is if using only Malice doesn't allow you to proc discharge enough and you are effectively "stuck" at max charges for longer than you would be if you used 2x discharge gems.

This ^^ Using 2x discharge gems while not being at a consistent max charge at all times is essentially gimping your dps especially considering coc + discharge won't be as strong as conc + ele focus + discharge. Your ideal setup should include either inc accuracy or inc duration for more charge generation.
ign: TsunaFishSandwich
<(*.*<)(>*.*)><(*.*<)(>*.*)><(*.*<)(>*.*)>
King Cone ~ You can't stop the cone!
"
TsunamiNH wrote:

This ^^ Using 2x discharge gems while not being at a consistent max charge at all times is essentially gimping your dps especially considering coc + discharge won't be as strong as conc + ele focus + discharge. Your ideal setup should include either inc accuracy or inc duration for more charge generation.

5 off colour for add accuracy would be too hard. Finding a 1 curse voll is already hard though.

And for inc duration, rather spent 4 points to get from tree than use 1 slot gem.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info