New Sextant Mods in Content Update 2.4.1

sweet :D
Here's a novel idea, instead of using one system to bandaid another system, just remove the prohibitive map mods. Not rocket science here people.. Also, there really needs to be an easier way to remove sextants that you don't want to deal with. I have like 200 stored up but I might just sell them if the QoL isn't there.
Looks pretty bad. Horrible mods still left, and how is no reflect a good mod to get? You would either need to have sooo many reflect maps prepared so the odds of having use for the mod when getting it from a sextant is good, or otherwise it might save you a chaos or alt. Sure if its a corrupted map... maybe buy super rippy maps with reflect and be able to do them. But there's not a lot of reward to that anyway. Why even make such a mod? Remove reflect if you know people hate it. Could we get a "blood magic map mod doesn't affect the player" also? And "burning ground does actual damage but doesn't give people performance issues"?

Speed thing-mod seems like a little fun but more dangerous than good. Would be surprised if they don't cause lag, and it's not something needed for a good build anyway, so would be more concerned about quick monsters. This mod seems like a decent one but not good. This is acceptable since it's random and not all outcomes should be all good when adding a sextant.

I think sextants need to add packsize, droprate, xp gain, map drops. It's ok if they are challenging, actually it's very fun if they are. But the reward needs to be something people care about. Rolling double beyond on high density maps for instance is a lot of fun, while also being dangerous. Reward is drops and xp, and the added danger is fun while also feeling worthwhile.
If I get 10% increased damage and take 10% increased damage I'm not really going to notice, except maybe against guardians... and I would rather not take 10% increased damage then. Would not want that trade off.

If there is no reward and only punishment from a sextant it obviously sucks. Either people will run the map without reward and suffer through it, or they will just open the cheapest map affected until the mod is removed. A few people might like to suffer through it but pretty much all players I know of like to be rewarded for doing challenging/drawn out things. The reward does not always need to be huge, but it's a lot nicer to be able to run insane map mods with several sextants if you also get something good out of it. Then people will be interested in making these strong builds maybe not only focused on clear speed.

EDIT: Was disappointed and wrote before reading and thinking too much. Sorry for being perhaps overly negative. I realize now that it might be additional monster also while getting reduced dmg from reflect. That is nice, but I still think it's a weird mod the reflect part.
Last edited by fesru on Oct 11, 2016, 8:25:17 AM
Nice :)
Holy cow those are some interesting mods! I'm pumped!
"
fesru wrote:
Looks pretty bad. Horrible mods still left, and how is no reflect a good mod to get? You would either need to have sooo many reflect maps prepared so the odds of having use for the mod when getting it from a sextant is good, or otherwise it might save you a chaos or alt. Sure if its a corrupted map... maybe buy super rippy maps with reflect and be able to do them. But there's not a lot of reward to that anyway. Why even make such a mod? Remove reflect if you know people hate it. Could we get a "blood magic map mod doesn't affect the player" also? And "burning ground does actual damage but doesn't give people performance issues"?

Speed thing-mod seems like a little fun but more dangerous than good. Would be surprised if they don't cause lag, and it's not something needed for a good build anyway, so would be more concerned about quick monsters. This mod seems like a decent one but not good. This is acceptable since it's random and not all outcomes should be all good when adding a sextant.

I think sextants need to add packsize, droprate, xp gain, map drops. It's ok if they are challenging, actually it's very fun if they are. But the reward needs to be something people care about. Rolling double beyond on high density maps for instance is a lot of fun, while also being dangerous. Reward is drops and xp, and the added danger is fun while also feeling worthwhile.
If I get 10% increased damage and take 10% increased damage I'm not really going to notice, except maybe against guardians... and I would rather not take 10% increased damage then. Would not want that trade off.

If there is no reward and only punishment from a sextant it obviously sucks. Either people will run the map without reward and suffer through it, or they will just open the cheapest map affected until the mod is removed. A few people might like to suffer through it but pretty much all players I know of like to be rewarded for doing challenging/drawn out things. The reward does not always need to be huge, but it's a lot nicer to be able to run insane map mods with several sextants if you also get something good out of it. Then people will be interested in making these strong builds maybe not only focused on clear speed.

Maybe it is aimed to Corrupted maps, because to get bonus in red maps it need to be Vaaled!
And Corrupted T15/T16 maps isn't so cheap with NON-rippy mods!
Also Vaal Temple maps where you can't even pre order some mods like T15/T16 when Vaals orb don't change existed mods or just UNID map!
Last edited by CBEToffOP on Oct 11, 2016, 8:21:04 AM
That overbuff. I don't expect some of these to last.
Fake Temp League Elitists LUL
"
...and I play 24/7 mind you.

I_NO_LIFE ;-)

On a serious note, the sextants are crap. I don't even bother using them. Some nice bonuses here in this announcement, but nothing insane, OP, or game breaking.

I hope GGG ditches the old sextant mods and runs with these in addition to plus group size. Nothing else is needed. In fact, just run the strong boxes and plus group size, and call it a day.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▒▒▒▒░░░░░ cipher_nemo ░░░░░▒▒▒▒ │ Waggro Level: ♠○○○○ │ 1244
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Last edited by cipher_nemo on Oct 11, 2016, 8:38:52 AM
Reflect bandaid ... yey

Just remove that shit ..
You are so funny, GGG...

It is very obvious that they have no idea what happens to their own game. Add mods and new things that give faster monsters regardless of many we are still forced to play in predictive mode, which causes constant "teleportation" of the monsters that are very fast. And yet they insist to quicken monsters for a greater number of people to see the poor optimization and the low intelligence of the developers... Yeah, I say "low intelligence of the developers" because you have to be very foolish to create things which are evidence of the failures of his own creation, however they do exactly that...

Bethesda is known for having good ideas and terrible realization of them. GGG is a Bethesda subsidiary or what?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info