[2.4] Khelsie’s AFK CWS CI Occulist [Tri-Curse]

"
Spacecom wrote:
You write: "(4L) Gloves – CWDT (Max) Blasphemy Support, Warlord’s Mark, Projectile Weakness, Elemental Weakness".
Something tells me that cwdt (max) doesnt fit here.
Also where does the 4th curse come from? corrupted amulet?

You're absolutely correct - I've updated this accordingly (it was supposed to be Blasphemy).

FYI - There is no 4th curse, that's for the rich - if you've come here, you're on a budget haha!
And this budget build is absolute baller! ...if you want to play Quad Curse (or I call it Quad Core) then get yourself a Heretic's and watch your deepeesss fly sky high :D
"
ab_ wrote:
Damn. That Heretic mask is ridiculous.

Since i am on a budget, i find it much easier to buy some cheaper uniques. Rathpith seems viable, for the moment. Rainbowstride feel like a very good option too - resists, mana, ok-ish runspeed, and cheap. more ideas on bugdet items would be awesome!

I just bought some voidbringers. it makes playing pretty interesting (since i am still levelling, with arc) - i have to get close to the mobs to curse them because if i don't, i run out of mana after 2 casts or somesuch.

fun as hell, very aggressive playstyle. i will definitely focus on this build, i have tried something similar last season. thanks again!

Thank you ab_ and dhragner for your positive feedback :)

I'm glad you're both finding the build (super) fun!
Just a few notes about your revamp if you're going to put my name on it. :)

The melding cluster is only good if you have a Energy from Within jewel to socket into the nearby jewel node. If we're going pure CWS, we want to have the lowest max life possible, which means the bonuses to life from the melding wheel are detrimental to proc rate without the EfW jewel. (This is also why I'm trying to transition the build to the lowest strength possible, so that I get the least flat hp bonus from the stat) Right now with 96 str and at level 86 I have 1252.16 max life, which means any hit that does more than 630 damage has full chance to stun me. (Without the jewel I would have 1419.86 life, which isn't really that different, but idk, the jewel is good either way ;D)

Don't know why you have the reduced mana node by vaal pact either, you need at least 30% mana rez reduction to have 3 curses and discipline up, which I don't see as a good investment for the +300(1K)es.

Also, if you guys want to do EE, make sure you keep in mind the speed of your projectiles and order them by descending speed in your links. Frostbolt is significantly slower than any other spell, so it has to proc last, etc.

Thanks for the credit Xenatos, I wish you'd waited just a bit longer to test stuff before asking people to drop 20 regrets into a build change :)
Last edited by WastinTime69 on Oct 27, 2016, 2:30:53 PM
with every new map tier the build shines more. elemental reflect mobs are a joke - actually, they are great (still using life leech/arc to heal and shock) since arc triggers the mother lode of kick ass faster. 5700 ES and still a lot of room to improve, gear wise.

i am not even capped on lightning resist, but, given the build, it dosnt even matter. not now, that is

Spoiler
Ab_ are you doing this an a necromancer instead? I've been thinking about how effective that could be with a high-money build :)
i have no clue how a necromancer build would work in this context since you need to get hit ALL the time. minions distract mobs. even my dumb fire golem reduces killspeed
Its more about hitting block cap using bone offering and mistress of sacrifice. Probably not worth it, because you'd also want to use the scourge and grab up a bunch of minion damage nodes. No summons used at all. Nevermind :)

If you're worried about your fire golem taking aggro, just swap in a rallying cry gem. It's a full screen taunt with nice increased damage effect on top :D
"
Its more about hitting block cap using bone offering and mistress of sacrifice. Probably not worth it, because you'd also want to use the scourge and grab up a bunch of minion damage nodes. No summons used at all. Nevermind :)

If you're worried about your fire golem taking aggro, just swap in a rallying cry gem. It's a full screen taunt with nice increased damage effect on top :D

ah - now i see. good thinking, both on the necro part and the rallying cry. looks like i wont have a spot for that tho. i will put the golem on an autocast without any support so he doesnt distract mobs.

running rare tier 7 maps with my shitty gear without any problem whatsoever. mind me - every map boss is a surprise or me since they seemed to have changed all the maps, layouts, bosses etc.

for now i will keep arc - with 6k ES some hits are a tad unpredictable so it really helps to top off shield while repositioning.

this build definitely works. from all the builds i have played since beta it is pretty relaxing, failsafe, and with the current arc setup there is still a bit of active play that is not only repositioning.

quality gems should make this build ridiculous.

thanks OP. i find nothing to improve and you did a fine job on summing it all up. cheers!

p.s.: i think that divinarius is a good and cheap alternative for a wand. they go for about 5-6 c and the spelldamage and crit chance are pretty much unrivaled save for really expensive rares. maybe edit it to to gear suggestions?
Last edited by ab_ on Oct 28, 2016, 7:07:09 PM
Thank you very much ab_

Great to hear my build (with Mena's improvements) are working so well for you.

If you loved it so far - you should check it out today, I've made a couple major changes that include more ES, More Jewels and More Damage! It's sweet.

Quality gems make all the difference, since we're using no supports and each gem represents one of our offensive spells.

Also, gear + jewels scale very well with the build... it's never static, every time I feel like I'm progressing - unlike many other builds I've tried that hit a road block at level 80ish.

Finally hit level 90 today and gained my achievement. I'm not going to level past 90 - so I don't care for deaths anymore... I have updated Skill Tree to Final Status to represent level 90 build... not a BS level 100 that is highly unrealistic :P

PS: I'm currently on 13k ES (unbuffed) which is amazing - current gear cost is at 2.5ex total (including all quality gems, jewels and crafting). So I'm very happy with the total cost - it's cheap!
84 now

i invested my exalt drop into a heretics veil. mind me - my gems are still at level 18 with no quality, so take it with a grain of salt

9-10 tier becomes a bit tedious, i will have to invest in some q17+ gems as it seems. i have no idea how you achieve 13k ES unbuffed, i am at 6k or somesuch.

once i give up my 4l arc for another cwdt chain (i still want to arc, on a 2l on a 6s chest) the build will probably pick up some speed too. arc is pretty valuable if only to destroy totems.

adding lightning warp to the chains is neat

gear as of now:

Spoiler

edit: hit me up if you have a +++ES, +++spell crit, (int), lightning resist shield for sale. rathpith is neat, but it just doesn't work for sthis build =)
Last edited by ab_ on Oct 29, 2016, 8:28:19 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info