[2.6] The Curse Whisperer - Tri-Curse CI Whispering Ice Inquisitor - Viable for Everything

"
Kelvynn wrote:
"
sheldonmar wrote:
Thank you for this build, I liked it so much. It is this what I've been searching long time)
now question, can I craft items? I need body armour, gloves, boots and belt for end game. Just gamble good amount of int, es and then add one resist by masters. I'm answering this, cause I've never crafted items, only bought. And if it is possible, could you write short instruction)

You can definitely craft godly endgame rares for this build. Of course it's not cheap and won't happen early in a new league. All the godly rares I have right now in Standard are self crafted.

The chest and gloves were YOLO exalts (buy an item with one (gloves) or two (chest) T1 prefixes; craft a junk suffix on it if it has less than 3 suffixes; then exalt it and hope for the best). The belt was crafted in the Essence league (it's not extremely hard, belts have very few affixes). The boots I master crafted myself (bought with T1 Int and resists and random prefixes; crafted using lv 8 meta mods until I rolled 30% ms and T1 %ES; this cost me 23 ex total).

If you are not going for godly gear yet, the normal endgame stuff that lets you do everything is usually easier to buy or chaos spam than to craft. Except the belt. Make the belt yourself if there is nothing good for sale within your budget. I don't know how common the essences will be in the core game, but it wasn't hard at all to craft a decent Int Crystal belt in 2.4.

Could you tell me entire process of crafting the belt step by step . I've never crafted anything yet. Which currence should I use? I tried alterationing it, but I never get intelligence on it. Thank you in advance!
For the 6L body armor, would it be good to socket GMP in there? That way, ball lightning would hit multiple targets.
"
For the 6L body armor, would it be good to socket GMP in there? That way, ball lightning would hit multiple targets.

BL already hits multiple targets as it flies. The 6th gem for 6L is Enhance. It's awesome, especially if you have a lv 4 one.
how do you have THIS much ES??

the only way I can get 8k+ ES is by using 300+ ES helmet with int and a different ring with ES and int instead of regular items. this is with DISCIPLINE active too.
Looks like CWDT not working with orb of storms anymore, am i right?
Replace it with a golem? (dropped golem for inc duration)
"

check your gem levels or links.

your BL may be overlevelled or the setup may not be linked properly.
Hey guys. There's a curious modification to this build I just found.
I've swapped Faster Casting/Spell Echo and Controlled Destruction for Scorching Ray and Cast While Channelling. The result is Icestorm being cast each .44s on almost no mana cost basis (Scorching Ray has extremely low mana drain). I don't know how it will scale in higher levels, but for now it works great since it allows not only close combat, but taking stuff out at a distance.
It's Cruel Start and I've got only 1000ES to guard me, and died several times of being sloppy. So even if damage won't be maximized with this setup, it will definitely carry me into maps -- there's way more DPS with it than required for storyline.

Can anyone check endgame DPS compared to build defaults? The links are: SR-CWC-FP-EF-CE-LL

Also, how do you think about Doedre's Scorn?
Last edited by Shade_RU_N53 on Dec 10, 2016, 6:38:28 PM
"
Disconaut wrote:
"

check your gem levels or links.

your BL may be overlevelled or the setup may not be linked properly.

Double checked.
Description of skill says "You can only cast this spell yourself, directly."
Also, this
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1600406/page/1#p12946871
"
Shade_RU_N53 wrote:

no. it does not boost our int or ES (very low 50-60 ES)

black sun crest faaar outstrips Scorn, due to +1 gems.

thanks to the +1, your cheap-ass lvl 2 enhance becomes a lvl 3 (for "free"), AND you get lvl 21 aura gems in the helmet!! +1 disc, +1 blasph, +1 WL mark!!! and +1 enhance for even less mana reserve!

a decent rolled (12%+) BSC also gives ~120-170 int, which is a lot.

the only thing that can beat BSC would be a 300-400 ES helmet with max int roll and lots of resists.
Last edited by Disconaut on Dec 11, 2016, 4:29:36 AM
"
Disconaut wrote:
"
Shade_RU_N53 wrote:

no. it does not boost our int or ES (very low 50-60 ES)

black sun crest faaar outstrips Scorn, due to +1 gems.

thanks to the +1, your cheap-ass lvl 2 enhance becomes a lvl 3 (for "free"), AND you get lvl 21 aura gems in the helmet!! +1 disc, +1 blasph, +1 WL mark!!! and +1 enhance for even less mana reserve!

a decent rolled (12%+) BSC also gives ~120-170 int, which is a lot.

the only thing that can beat BSC would be a 300-400 ES helmet with max int roll and lots of resists.
I see. Thanks for the info. Then I guess it's for levelling only.

So, did anyone test out the CWC gem combination? It looks extremely promising, especially against bosses: Normal Izaro changed phases almost instantly if I was able to hold him for several seconds in the crosshairs. Cruel Vaal Oversoul also died before it's first dive.
The only drawback I found is it's slugginess: first, character casts SR, then timeout passes and then the rain comes. Timeout itself becomes shorter as the gem levels, but for not it's somewhere around a second before the main spell hits.

Edit: Cruel Kaom, 4 sec of full burst. Lvl 57.
Edit: Cruel Daresso, changes phases almost instantly. 1 death due to one-shot with frost bomber ring he managed to cast in the first stage, aimed at my Decoy Totem (didn't upgrade my gear since Normal Sarn:
Spoiler
).
Edit: Piety the Miscreation: 5 secs. Stopped casting for security reasons: was not willing to risk her hitting my glass cannon.
Edit: lvl 58. Doedre, 5 secs. Shavronne, 5 secs. Maligaro, 3 secs. Malachai's last stage, 5 secs - he was not in a full burst.
Spoiler
On the bright side, he dropped a nice chest:

Edit: Merc Oversoul died before diving.
Last edited by Shade_RU_N53 on Dec 11, 2016, 8:53:49 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info