[2.6] The Curse Whisperer - Tri-Curse CI Whispering Ice Inquisitor - Viable for Everything

"
roddyriot wrote:
Does Orb of Storms do anything other than trigger elemental overload?
Beyond the few nodes that give fire and cold damage, any other benefit for switching to Fire? With Elemental Focus you can't get ignites.

Orb also delivers the curses in the Purity setup used for the top bosses (Shaper, Phoenix, Uber Atziri).

Fire conversion adds the double-dip damage bonus, makes it easier to find good jewels (Izaro would not even be worth using without it) and helps against ele reflect (because of AA).

The other two versions (especially the Witch) receive more benefits from the conversion to fire. But what's listed above is already enough for it to be worth a ring slot for the Templar version too.

Ignite is completely irrelevant for any version of this build because it's based on 1 hit damage. Individual Icestorm hits are very small.
Last edited by Kelvynn on Nov 9, 2016, 4:00:44 PM
"
Robaholic wrote:
Would really appreciate some advice on where to improve my char.

Currently lvl 87 and next lvl ill get whispers of doom i.e tri curse (alrdy got all the jwl sockets) and by lvl88 ill be equivalent to the lvl 92 skill tree posted in main thread.

HO stats:
8.7k ES
7,7k dps
1,610 intel
Capped res merciless (not capped for ele weakness but who cares...)

Was able to stay capped res without helping kraityn so i killed all bandits so skill points from all difficulties and also i did not need to go for diamond skin either.

Items:
Spoiler

Notes:
Yes i need to reroll the helm enchant, working on it....

Jewels:
24 int brute force
24 int brute force
24 int fertile mind
7% emperors mastery
23/25 izaros turmoil
24/24 izaros turmoil
22/23 izaros turmoil

My current build: https://www.pathofexile.com/fullscreen-passive-skill-tree/AAAABAUBAQPuBAcMUg5IEFgRLRFQEZYV1xhqGS4abBzcHU8dvh8CJ-0o-ilPKYsqOCycLL8tHzOHNbk2xTdHOVI62DwFPQ89X0VHRnFHBkyzUXRSU1ZIVmNXDV3yXypfal-wZlRoZWusbAhtGW-ed-V8u3_GgDCCm4LHgwmD94TFhXuGrodljumPGo9Gj_qTJ5Ugl_Sbbpuhm7Wce52uns2fy6EvoqOmmacIpyunMKi5r5uvp7QMtQS4k76KwGbBxcHzwzrEFcT2ykrK09Af0NDSIdWm2CTZYdvn34bkIuvk6-7sGOw47WHvfO_r8Yrzm_nd

Advice what to do next levels?
Where would it be most easy to improve my gear?
The curse effect node as suggested sounds good.
Lightning walker no need the res.
Faith and steel no need the res but ES is nice, maybe better to go for foresight instead?
Nullification no need the res but ES is nice, maybe better to go for foresight instead?
Jewel socket from scion...is this better than the jewel socket below whispers of doom?
Trickery sounds like a good option, 30 int total and also the ele dmg boost...

I'm still new to endgame content so im working on my uber lab skills atm.
Gonna try end game bosses still need to clear more of my atlas... (reason is i ripped on HC and didnt make it to endgame there and hand 0 maps cleared on standard....

Damn nice resists on the gear! And an Int Crystal belt in Standard! The perk of playing HC. :)

Your next goal in the tree is the jewel socket near the Scion start (Fertile Mind; yes, it will convert the same Dex node twice for +20 Int).

For the gear, 36 Int on the chest and 120 ES on the boots are the weak spots. But those items allow you to save 3 tree nodes because of their resists and grab that jewel socket 3 levels earlier for more benefits, so that's completely fine. And then you can either aim for better items (Int/ES) and take resist nodes to compensate for losing resists, or just proceed with things like the curse effect nodes near Whispers of Doom and Trickery. Or just stay at lv 91 and enjoy PoE cause you will have achieved everything already.

Atlas: in case you missed it, you can simply buy T15 maps and complete them (corrupted) in Standard to get the whole path to them auto-completed. Imporant: do it corrupted! If you just finish a T15 map without corrupting it, the path to it will be uncovered but not completed for the bonus.
Last edited by Kelvynn on Nov 9, 2016, 3:59:17 PM
Hmmmm, mb it's rly worth to drop some resist (run purity of elements/res flask (+ correct purity on boss) for ele weak maps) nodes and pick up jewel slots...

Done this, +100 Flat Int +400ES (7.8k now) +some dmg - pretty ok and i shouldn't lvl 1 more :D

Also, i'm rly sure that 2 vaal disciplines are better than cwdt+immortal call. Also Vaal Clarity is rly ok on Phoenix and Mino
Quality on it - 10% (11% on 22q+)
Enhance on 3 lvl - 8% (12% on 4lvl)

Curse on Hit curse effect. with 20q - 10% (11% on 22q+)
Temp Chains Enchant - 30%

29%+10% + (29%+10%)*0.1 = 42.9% without enchant and Enhance
29%+10%+8% + (29%+10%+8%)*0.4 = 65.8% - without super-corruptions
30%+10%+12% + (30%+10%+12%)*0.41 = 73.32% - with super-corruptions (almost capped)

Ok, trade +1 tree-point for 10% curse effect seems to be good option, because it will bring Temp Chains with 4lvl Enhance and Enchant to capp (76%)

Skittering Runes chunk for next 5 lvls (impossibru :D) will bring curses to the OP lvl.
+1 curse on Astramentis will add flammability in place of Enhance and that's all :D

From this point of view occultist ascendancy with some chaos and curse damage, 32% ES and 100 flat ES, +1 curse isn't so bad

_______
UPD
CURSES ARE OP
Last edited by _Slaviator_ on Nov 10, 2016, 11:46:35 AM
Thank you so much for your attention to this post.

Again, considering the first few days of league and first character (without astramentis).

The build has three dex gems, arctic armour, temp chains and faster attacks. Only faster attacks is used before end-game. If you take fertile mind (without astramentis), you won't be able to level faster attacks. My sense is that all the extra Int is worth it and just level faster attacks later, right?
"
_Slaviator_ wrote:
Hmmmm, mb it's rly worth to drop some resist (run purity of elements/res flask (+ correct purity on boss) for ele weak maps) nodes and pick up jewel slots...

Done this, +100 Flat Int +400ES (7.8k now) +some dmg - pretty ok and i shouldn't lvl 1 more :D

Also, i'm rly sure that 2 vaal disciplines are better than cwdt+immortal call. Also Vaal Clarity is rly ok on Phoenix and Mino
Quality on it - 10% (11% on 22q+)
Enhance on 3 lvl - 8% (12% on 4lvl)

Curse on Hit curse effect. with 20q - 10% (11% on 22q+)
Temp Chains Enchant - 30%

29%+10% + (29%+10%)*0.1 = 42.9% without enchant and Enhance
29%+10%+8% + (29%+10%+8%)*0.4 = 65.8% - without super-corruptions
30%+10%+12% + (30%+10%+12%)*0.41 = 73.32% - with super-corruptions (almost capped)

Ok, trade +1 tree-point for 10% curse effect seems to be good option, because it will bring Temp Chains with 4lvl Enhance and Enchant to capp (76%)

Skittering Runes chunk for next 5 lvls (impossibru :D) will bring curses to the OP lvl.
+1 curse on Astramentis will add flammability in place of Enhance and that's all :D

From this point of view occultist ascendancy with some chaos and curse damage, 32% ES and 100 flat ES, +1 curse isn't so bad

_______
UPD
CURSES ARE OP

You are forgetting that most bosses have 60% LESS curse effect (or something like that, GGG hasn't disclosed the actual numbers since the last change to it, and it may vary by the boss). Investing too much into curse effect would gain very little.

You underestimate CWDT IC because you are focused on the Shaper who does no physical damage other than the Slam. Indeed, IC is completely useless for the Shaper and you can bring something else for that encounter. But for a lot of other fights it is very useful. You haven't met a random blue pack of porcupines lately, or run vulnerability maps, have you? ;)

Purity of Elements? Instead of what aura?
Two Purities? Absolutely no way.
Occultist? LOL.

Go ahead and try all that stuff. I've experimented a lot myself, especially early on when there was just the Scion version in 2.1-2.2.
"
roddyriot wrote:
Thank you so much for your attention to this post.

Again, considering the first few days of league and first character (without astramentis).

The build has three dex gems, arctic armour, temp chains and faster attacks. Only faster attacks is used before end-game. If you take fertile mind (without astramentis), you won't be able to level faster attacks. My sense is that all the extra Int is worth it and just level faster attacks later, right?

None of those gems is used before the endgame. You don't need Leap Slam/Fortify for leveling or anywhere until Uber Lab. I usually have Flame Dash until then. AA you can't even use until Enlighten lv 2, and you don't need it until Uber Lab either.

When you play without Astramentis, you always end up with an amulet that has a good +All Stats mod, and likely an Int+Dex implicit. Combined with Black Sun Crest that will give you enough Dex to use AA, TC and 20q FA (although maybe not lv 20, but 20q is more important).

And by the time you get to the 3rd curse and T15 maps you really should have Astramentis.
Last edited by Kelvynn on Nov 10, 2016, 1:22:03 PM
"
Kelvynn wrote:

You are forgetting that most bosses have 60% LESS curse effect (or something like that, GGG hasn't disclosed the actual numbers since the last change to it, and it may vary by the boss). Investing too much into curse effect would gain very little.

You underestimate CWDT IC because you are focused on the Shaper who does no physical damage other than the Slam. Indeed, IC is completely useless for the Shaper and you can bring something else for that encounter. But for a lot of other fights it is very useful. You haven't met a random blue pack of porcupines lately, or run vulnerability maps, have you? ;)

Purity of Elements? Instead of what aura?
Two Purities? Absolutely no way.
Occultist? LOL.

Go ahead and try all that stuff. I've experimented a lot myself, especially early on when there was just the Scion version in 2.1-2.2.

I'm not running Shaper anymore - it's not profitable (or my rng is so bad). I'm doing only t16 and t15 maps + ulab on the other character.

CWDT IC was down every time i need it - Vaal Discipline at least give me some chances to survive. But now i can run around mobs with temp chains and not get any single hit :D

I'm running maps usually with 2-3 curses. My resists are capped, on maps with Ele Weak i just use boss setup for curses and purity of elements.

And yes, investments in curses are good idea. Chimera, Mino, Phoenix become easier. The most powerfull buff will be astramentis +1 curse - because of flammability. And yes, i'm sure that occultist version at the moment with my gear and tree will be more powerfull.
Last edited by _Slaviator_ on Nov 10, 2016, 2:36:38 PM
"
_Slaviator_ wrote:
CWDT IC was down every time i need it - Vaal Discipline at least give me some chances to survive. But now i can run around mobs with temp chains and not get any single hit :D

I'm running maps usually with 2-3 curses. My resists are capped, on maps with Ele Weak i just use boss setup for curses and purity of elements.

And yes, investments in curses are good idea. Chimera, Mino, Phoenix become easier. The most powerfull buff will be astramentis +1 curse - because of flammability. And yes, i'm sure that occultist version at the moment with my gear and tree will be more powerfull.

So you have switched to dodging the bosses instead of facetanking?

If you are sure that Occultist will be more powerful you should totally try it (I believe an OCC WI build already exists). You already have the gear, and leveling only takes a day or two. Let me know how that works out for you. :)
"
Kelvynn wrote:

So you have switched to dodging the bosses instead of facetanking?

If you are sure that Occultist will be more powerful you should totally try it (I believe an OCC WI build already exists). You already have the gear, and leveling only takes a day or two. Let me know how that works out for you. :)

Mb i should mention that "enemies are slower" also affects their hit animation, not only movement speed. Still facetanking bosses. But on t16 is a good idea to stack mosters for beyond.

I hate lvling so much, that i will try to get +1 amulet better :D
Last edited by _Slaviator_ on Nov 11, 2016, 6:17:04 AM
how does this compare to the guardian version with 2.6k int? (using perandus signets)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info