[2.4] THE FREEZERATOR. Dual Cospri's Malice Crit Assassin Lacerate. Frostbolt/Arctic Breath/Vortex

For ease of mapping, i found putting Ice Bite into one of the swords really boosted clear speed. I swapped it out for cold pen against bosses.
try this build and this is my mix set up

Spoiler

dont have es chest so i test wit my shav
i think focus to buf dmg one spell better than multi spell
wit CI chest, i will use hoi + coh + assasin mark [+ ice bite]
leech come frome cata mod [cold leech as life] OR vaal scep and atziri's proise flask
atm i use vagan dagger for free accuracy and crit chance [test dagger so you can buy gg one yourself]
but if i can get ggg-rr-b or ggg-r-bb i will use accuracy gem and vaal scep
what do you guys think ?
[sorry for my english]
Last edited by x93ghz on Oct 30, 2016, 11:44:46 PM
"
VixTrader wrote:
"
Nah youre wrong. I just tested this against Minotaur and i had a very difficult time with your setup trying to deal the same amount of damage as my setup does.

The only time having 2 spells in the same malice would put out more DPS is if you were attacking a larger mob. Then the overlap of lacerate hits will have a chance to proc more often. That's why mapping with 4 spells is smoother.

But vs a single target there's just no way that double spell in a single malice puts out more DPS then a single spell and an extra support gem.

Perhaps the reason you're "feeling" like the DPS is so high is because every boss experience, even the same boss is different every time. Maybe it just so happens that every time you played the cleanest you happened to have the double spell. And every time you had tougher map mods or played a little sloppy you had single. Could be just happen stance...

But from a pure math and game code perspective, single spell + support will always be stronger vs single target.

100% Correct.
The New Fakener: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1740806
The Freezerator: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1748363
Elementalist EK Prolif: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1896772
Clearspeed Berserker: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1956548
Would using a Headhunter be advisable for this build? Might be fun?
"
maddognils wrote:
"
VixTrader wrote:
"
Nah youre wrong. I just tested this against Minotaur and i had a very difficult time with your setup trying to deal the same amount of damage as my setup does.

The only time having 2 spells in the same malice would put out more DPS is if you were attacking a larger mob. Then the overlap of lacerate hits will have a chance to proc more often. That's why mapping with 4 spells is smoother.

But vs a single target there's just no way that double spell in a single malice puts out more DPS then a single spell and an extra support gem.

Perhaps the reason you're "feeling" like the DPS is so high is because every boss experience, even the same boss is different every time. Maybe it just so happens that every time you played the cleanest you happened to have the double spell. And every time you had tougher map mods or played a little sloppy you had single. Could be just happen stance...

But from a pure math and game code perspective, single spell + support will always be stronger vs single target.

100% Correct.

It is not entirely true since 2 spells in single malice also share the same cool down, just that attacking a larger mob will have a chance to proc more often regardless of 2 spells or single spell. I think the reason is that putting more spells to proc alternatively can help damaging mobs in different angles and make our dps likely to cover larger mobs.

Using Frostbolt with Ice nova/Vortex is also a great way to utilize this, but pity it's still a waste of 1 gem link. (Ice nova/Vortex will be proc by the Malice at the Forstbolt's projectile, not that every projectile will proc Ice nova/Vortex automatically)

I only used Freezing pulse with 1 projectile and HoI, didnt felt much struggled in mobs clearing. Much less after Dying sun added.
Last edited by cheyui on Nov 3, 2016, 1:09:03 AM
"
Using Frostbolt with Ice nova/Vortex is also a great way to utilize this, but pity it's still a waste of 1 gem link. (Ice nova/Vortex will be proc by the Malice at the Forstbolt's projectile, not that every projectile will proc Ice nova/Vortex automatically)

Frostbold + Ice Nova and the spells proc'ing at location rather than on you is totally over rated. It's more of a little gimmick, but hardly effective.

Try it. It's rare that the ice nova's proc towards the targets because of course the targets are already dead. You need them to be constantly getting hit for it to work like that. Even in T15 maps things die in one barrage of spells.

It's really a waste to use Ice Nova or Vortex on these builds. You have to be pretty close to the target for them to be getting hit by it, and Lacerates amazing range all but assures that you never should be. With Lacerate range, there's not a single reason to ever literally face tank. You can easily tank from half a screen away now.
So at the end, what are best setups for this swords? Since Im not into how does vortex and frostbolt works, im using Ice Spear, Arctic Breath, Vortex and Frostbolt...
So what would be the best setup in the swords be then?
IGN RighteousRom LvL-100 Juggernaut
Mirror Drop T-14 Shrine
best setup is freezing pulse + anything in both swords (try it out urself and see your dmg double and
even triple...)

my own setup is Freezing pulse+Cold Pen+GMP / FP+Artic Breath+GMP and I do use Dying Sun, anytime Ill

take that 10% penalty for an additional 4 projectiles(first sword =

corrupted, otherwise I would probably switch Cold Pen for Elemental focus or Concentred Destruction

but would I because we already overkill everything (yes even bosses up to T12 die in less than a sec)

also if you guys want a real curse way, you should try : CoH,Ice Bite,Herald of Ice,Warlord's Mark

enjoy guys!!! ( hopefully as much as I do, love the way I create so much lag in my maps!!! )

Hi i want ask is possible to make level tree like for level 40 , 80 , 100
Or just say a few waypoints what i should get first i little lost in it. :)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info