[2.6] SignalShot™ CI Full Ele Conversion TS/Barrage / Shaper & Uber Deathless / with video!

"
Florela wrote:
So with the new VP in 3.1... Looks like ES is back on the menu bois!

it depends if standard or temp-league.

standard: I would guess so. VP-location is OK and the life-based version has some issues as well bc of the nerf.

league: I don't have the slightest clue. Maybe people start playing more ES and crafting/enchanting rares. Maybe the shaped/elder item have some GG-stuff on them. What do you think?
i wish balsting_cap would come back online update this glorious build i really wanna play signal shoot

where he is these days and why he doesnt stream anymore???
MFJonesHC
Last edited by MFJones on Nov 24, 2017, 2:16:56 PM
"
juerk wrote:
"
Florela wrote:

standard: I would guess so. VP-location is OK and the life-based version has some issues as well bc of the nerf.

league: I don't have the slightest clue. Maybe people start playing more ES and crafting/enchanting rares. Maybe the shaped/elder item have some GG-stuff on them. What do you think?

In standard I think there's going to be little incentive to play the life version of this build. The ES version didn't go away in 3.0, but it was overshadowed by life builds and their ability to leech instantly. The build doesn't depend on instant leech, but it's nice to have it if it's available.

In league play I doubt players will switch over to ES without the presence of legacy ES gear. The ES version will only have marginally higher ehp, and life versions can use some high dps uniques (Yriel's chest, Starkonja's or Rat's Nest etc). Of course it is possible that GGG will buff ES after the embarrassingly low number of ES builds in harbinger, but on the flip side it's not clear that Acuities will also be nerfed and if they aren't then that will keep life versions in the lead.

On top of it all, one wonders what, if anything, will happen to Barrage. I never thought Barrage needed any nerfs when it needs to invest so much into gear to be able to match many other single target skills, but now with the coming nerf to VP Barrage will arguably need to retain its power since we'll be doing boss fighting up close and personal to get the most out of point blank and make sure all the arrows hit the boss.
the gear and tree needed is the same as before...

i sit at 300k barrage dps and 6,9k es with charges+attack vinktar, with 200iiq 400iir on my ice shot 6l, no iiq gem on barrage obviously.

not having instant leech isn't a big problem, except for rare reflect monsters, the es pool nerf you can feel it vs guardians
Last edited by InAshesTheyShallReap on Nov 27, 2017, 2:44:39 AM
"
DicemanX wrote:
"
juerk wrote:
"
Florela wrote:

In standard I think there's going to be little incentive to play the life version of this build. The ES version didn't go away in 3.0, but it was overshadowed by life builds and their ability to leech instantly. The build doesn't depend on instant leech, but it's nice to have it if it's available.

In league play I doubt players will switch over to ES without the presence of legacy ES gear. The ES version will only have marginally higher ehp, and life versions can use some high dps uniques (Yriel's chest, Starkonja's or Rat's Nest etc). Of course it is possible that GGG will buff ES after the embarrassingly low number of ES builds in harbinger, but on the flip side it's not clear that Acuities will also be nerfed and if they aren't then that will keep life versions in the lead.

On top of it all, one wonders what, if anything, will happen to Barrage. I never thought Barrage needed any nerfs when it needs to invest so much into gear to be able to match many other single target skills, but now with the coming nerf to VP Barrage will arguably need to retain its power since we'll be doing boss fighting up close and personal to get the most out of point blank and make sure all the arrows hit the boss.

barrage: I completely agree with you on this topic. The real dps values tend to be lower than the PoB (non-perfect PB, bad aiming, adds). The investment part is on point as well. I would go even further, because some of this investment has a sizeable opportunity cost. If I look at the so-called "ez killed shaper on budget" bow/wand builds or even at the doomfletch prism character I played in harbinger, the barrage dps comes at a cost of a lot of utility:

- somewhat high lvl+currency needed to get the build going (HP, passives)
- bow/wanderbuilds are MS-buids. Going for a high bossdps (Kaom's/Belly/Yriels+hp-gear - high %hp on the tree - barrage enchant on dps-helmet) leads at the same time to a loss of 100%+ inc MS (Qotf-devoto's + jade) and additional perks for clearing (bows: TS enchant; wands: possible KB enchant + sometimes esh's mirror)
-there aren't many alternatives for a single target skill. Bows got some ok/meh options like TS / blast rain. Wanders...would need to KB bosses or use things like frenzy? Sounds great.
- boss cheesing can be done (a lot easier) without spending ressources on a barrage build - even in 3.0. With the new VP it would imo completely ruin the build balance.

ES: You are probably right. 6-6.5k ES aren't worth it at all. Imo life is still way superiour to ES due to accuracy scaling, Eva/Acrobatics and more options (Kaom's for easy 6k+ life, Yriel's for dmg, Qotf+Devoto's/Rat's for mobility, big economic advantage, unclear if people are going to craft ES-gear).

reflect rework: good news so far. The normal mapping should be OK with it, even though some bosses aren't an option early on. Not sure about Beyond or the new league mechanic, I'm still somewhat optimistic that those are outgerable even without instant leech. Not sure, if I'll roll another bow character in the new league and what ascendacy I would choose. If things remain as they are PF is probably still the best for the Bow/wander-type of characters (huge MS advantage). I can see people taking slayer for bossing though, the raw dmg and survivability is top notch if not nerfed.

P.S. the amount of people complaining about the game being too easy but quitting their chars at about lvl 90 is quite frightening. The funny part is that exactly those people are going to suffer the most, if GGG listens to them and nerfhammers everything . It's exactly the same pattern as couple of months ago, so I hoped some people would be more reasonable now.
Last edited by juerk on Nov 29, 2017, 6:51:35 PM
this build does not work for temp leagues at all
MFJonesHC
Played variation of the build with evasion/life.
Finished all of the content, still superior for mapping and that satisfying pop monsters make on shatter.
Still viable as evasion.
Why is the skill tree missing 110 points? Just random things filled in here and there on both links?
The Build is OUT of Date and Cap wont comeback after getting EXPOSED for Viewbotting.

I am suprized nobody has picked up the mantle of SignalShot I mean ShatterChuck and Mjölner's mainThreads were picked right back up by other People when there Creater's left.
"
The Build is OUT of Date and Cap wont comeback after getting EXPOSED for Viewbotting.

I am suprized nobody has picked up the mantle of SignalShot I mean ShatterChuck and Mjölner's mainThreads were picked right back up by other People when there Creater's left.

There's hardly any reason to, especially in League where ES struggles to provide advantages versus Life, especially with Abyss Jewels and Abyss Uniques being life based. I'm sure someone with high end Standard gear can make their interpretation but is it worth the time?
Fake Temp League Elitists LUL

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info