Getting bored.

"
Pyrokar wrote:

Yea, i checked the wiki and turns out increased life leech rate doesn't increase your max life leech rate, so for example the slayer's 100% increased life leech rate just means that oyur life leech from all sources is doubled but the max heal rate remains the same. Only of maximum life per second to maximum leech rate increases the cap. So my calculation is very wrong. It's 7000 x 0.35 / 0.0336 =72916.6667 (73k) dps to reach the new 35% cap and this number goes lower and lower if you have more than 2,4% leech so i guess he is pretty good yea. Maybe the way to fully realise his potential is to abuse all the "of maximum life per second to maximum leech rate" on the tree.

It is theoretically, in practice I haven't felt the need to sink points in these nodes. However, there are only two of them - vitality void and hematophagy - and I suspect a well-geared and leveled character with them will be as good as a VP build with many side benefits.

Nevertheless, from all these musings if the slayer's leech extras are good or not, I can only assume you haven't seen his majesty, Wormblaster the third :P

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1738493

He doesn't have any +maximum life leeched nodes, just uses leech from multiple sources.
The Wheel of Nerfs turns, and builds come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the build that gave it birth comes again.
Nah, i don't look at build guides, i just do my own thing.

Nevertheless, thanks for the talk, it made me realise that i had the wrong stats on my char and i used like 20 regrets today to respec him lol. Freaking increased life leech rate man, never get that stat.

GGG if you are reading this, the leech just bellow and to the left of marauder start is totally useless.
I'm a forum warrior, i was born to post, raised to defend my league. Now my post has been removed, chained and exiled by mods who Ban. Ban is my brother; i do not fear it. I see it in the eyes of men and beasts that i troll. It will take me to play the actual game when i am ready and i am not ready.
Well, to be perfectly honest I never did understand the mechanics when they reworked life leech. I read dev explanation after dev explanation and I just gave up in the end. Nowadays I simply try this and try that and see how it feels. Also, Brutal Fervour gives me +100% increased life leeched per second so I can't really say if increased life leech is rate is useless. I rather doubt that. Perhaps I didn't word my post clearly: I haven't picked life leech bonuses from the passive tree because the slayer gives a ton.

In the case with the wormblaster build, he doesn't have any life leech bonuses in the passive tree but he constantly leeches off a vast number of worms from the flasks and, from what little murky understanding of leech mechanics I have, leeching from multiple targets makes it much better.
The Wheel of Nerfs turns, and builds come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the build that gave it birth comes again.
Last edited by Bars on Sep 30, 2016, 2:48:16 PM
I get what you are saying, but for a berserker that leeches 100% of his dmg on a savage hit, increasing the cap is much better than getting more healing per hit lol. For a duelist that gets +100% leech rate more leech rate is absolutely not needed so ... who else remains? A templar getting those nodes? Nah, they seem absolutely useless if the don't increase the leech cap like the other nodes do.

About the wormblaster, yea he get leech stacks from multiple sources and that makes him easily reach the heal cap. If you are fighting a lonely boss without adds that's a little harder to do.
I'm a forum warrior, i was born to post, raised to defend my league. Now my post has been removed, chained and exiled by mods who Ban. Ban is my brother; i do not fear it. I see it in the eyes of men and beasts that i troll. It will take me to play the actual game when i am ready and i am not ready.
Last edited by Pyrokar on Oct 1, 2016, 8:10:58 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info