[2.5] Poison BV IW MoM Dual Curse - 200k DPS - 46% Ele & 66% Phys Mitigation - 1.2k Reg - 7.6k Life

My damage with this build doesn't seem too bad solo, but when I'm in a group with others it's garbage. Takes forever to kill even trash mobs.

From reading the last few replies, the nerf to poison double dipping shouldn't have destroyed this build, is there something wrong with my gear?

I've got 1547.7 BV tooltip dmg per use in town with no buffs or stacks. IDK what skill you have selected in the menu in the char screen pic you have attached, but it's showing 16324.08 DPS... nothing I have is even close to that.

What am I doing wrong? Why can't I do good dmg in groups? I need atleast 10 stacks of BV up to clear stuff quickly solo which isn't too bad... but I feel like it should be much better.

Thanks!

Edit - did they change BV from DPS to Damage Per Use on the char screen?

can't figure out how to get this img to show - http://imgur.com/a/3OY59
Last edited by Scroptimus_Prime on Dec 28, 2016, 7:33:49 PM
"
My damage with this build doesn't seem too bad solo, but when I'm in a group with others it's garbage. Takes forever to kill even trash mobs.

From reading the last few replies, the nerf to poison double dipping shouldn't have destroyed this build, is there something wrong with my gear?

I've got 1547.7 BV tooltip dmg per use in town with no buffs or stacks. IDK what skill you have selected in the menu in the char screen pic you have attached, but it's showing 16324.08 DPS... nothing I have is even close to that.

What am I doing wrong? Why can't I do good dmg in groups? I need atleast 10 stacks of BV up to clear stuff quickly solo which isn't too bad... but I feel like it should be much better.

Thanks!

Edit - did they change BV from DPS to Damage Per Use on the char screen?

can't figure out how to get this img to show - http://imgur.com/a/3OY59

I think 16k dps was with conc effect and 20 stacks in 2.4.

Just logged into that character in standard, the new "tooltip dps" on 0 stacks without conc effect is 1.990.

To be able to kill stuff quickly in groups you'd need much more damage
and keep in mind due to poison stacking it takes some time to get the real dps on the target.

You can't have crazy defenses and crazy damage. ;)

If you want to look at that character on my account, it's "BloodyMcFlurry" in Standard now.
Perception is reality.
Last edited by widardd on Dec 28, 2016, 8:55:54 PM
Ok cool, just wanted to make sure I wasn't doing something wrong. Solo I don't really notice it, but it shows in groups. I know a lot of damage comes from poison. From that picture showing that much dps I thought I was missing a keystone gem/armor/passive somewhere.

How is this build doing in breaches for you? Been thinking about trying Xoph
"
Ok cool, just wanted to make sure I wasn't doing something wrong. Solo I don't really notice it, but it shows in groups. I know a lot of damage comes from poison. From that picture showing that much dps I thought I was missing a keystone gem/armor/passive somewhere.

How is this build doing in breaches for you? Been thinking about trying Xoph

You can have a look at the video section for 2.5. I did all breach lords with around 100% less increased damage BUT before the fixed poison double dipping.

I kind of lost interest in the build by now and would definitely get that increased damage instead of more life (like I did in 2.4 and on the guide here).

Chayula might be problematic now since the timer is really really harsh and I barely made it.
Chayula doesn't wait for your stupid stacking. ;)
Perception is reality.
What increased damage instead of more life are you talking about? Lost me there. Think I'm gonna give Xoph a shot now
"
What increased damage instead of more life are you talking about? Lost me there. Think I'm gonna give Xoph a shot now

When I played the build in 2.5 the poison bug was still there and I discovered that I could drop the damage nodes and get more life instead. (I have over 9k in the 2.5 videos)
Perception is reality.
HI, I'm trying your build. But with some modifications:

- I'm C.I.: So I have a "Big pool" for my regen"
- I start as Templar and got GUardian. With it, i can do 3 things:
a) his natural regenerations is 30% for 6 secondss (5 waiting and 1 regeneration)
b) some free ES nodes and regen from auras
c) My PoH gives me more ES from mana reservation
- With so much free ES and regen, I got more damage from tree. If things get worst i can change and get more regen and ES.

My treee:
"

Look, that mana nodes near Scion is there to remember that i will need them there. I will get Area dmage, increased area and 25% curse effect (with intuitive leap)

I have "+1 curse" on my necklace. With it i could save points
I got a "Curse on Hit" glove". With it i can save some mana o run a high lvl clarity. I need it and mana flask because I'm lvl 77 yet.
I dont know if a run 3 aura (with ring) for Enfeeble, Vulnerabily and temporal chain without Enhance or i run Arctic armour with Enhance with Vulnerability.

My equip is there. Not good. But i can do T6 easily.

Now i have 7K ES.
Regen is weak without Guardian passive active.
And my damage is very high. Trash dissapear in my BV.
And boss... I cann destroy them without Conc. effect. Is more fast kill them with increased area them change it. Until T5.
T6 i need to change.
Last edited by MEZIR on Jan 1, 2017, 2:04:23 PM
"
widardd wrote:
"

When I played the build in 2.5 the poison bug was still there and I discovered that I could drop the damage nodes and get more life instead. (I have over 9k in the 2.5 videos)

I'm still going strong solo clearing T9 unid rare maps(highest I've tried) without issues really. I just finished Uber lab and got my last Ascendancy points.

I was looking at the tree, and I'm wondering what the point of Worthy Foe is. It looks like Inspirational has more damage for my party and I, makes us all run faster, and has the same defensive bonuses as WF if I'm solo, which I am most of the time.

What were your thoughts for taking Worthy Foe and not Inspirational?

Is there a difference in damage that isn't obvious? WF = my taunted targets take 20% increased dmg, Inspirational = nearby allies and I deal 35% increased dmg

Thanks!
"
"
widardd wrote:
"

I'm still going strong solo clearing T9 unid rare maps(highest I've tried) without issues really. I just finished Uber lab and got my last Ascendancy points.

I was looking at the tree, and I'm wondering what the point of Worthy Foe is. It looks like Inspirational has more damage for my party and I, makes us all run faster, and has the same defensive bonuses as WF if I'm solo, which I am most of the time.

What were your thoughts for taking Worthy Foe and not Inspirational?

Is there a difference in damage that isn't obvious? WF = my taunted targets take 20% increased dmg, Inspirational = nearby allies and I deal 35% increased dmg

Thanks!

Yes, there is a big difference! 35% damage stacks with any increased damage you already have, which should be around 500% with jewels?

"Enemies take increased damage" doesn't stack with your increased damage.

Let's say your raw damage from a spell is 100:

535% increased damage -> 635 damage

500% increased damage + enemies take 20% increased damage -> ((100*6)*1.2) -> 720 damage

I am always playing solo, but Worthy Foe is even better for your friends since they take 20% less damage.

That's even better as if everyone had permanent fortify. :)

Perception is reality.
Last edited by widardd on Jan 2, 2017, 9:04:01 PM
Awesome, thought it might be working that way. Just applied the points!

Thanks again!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info