Standard vs League

"
Perq wrote:
"
Saltychipmunk wrote:

old people were young once ;) And no im not shit talking standard .. im IN standard afterall. What I am doing is shit talking leagues. With all the layered stuff ggg has added , the masters , the atlas .. it adds more and more layers of crap you have to do to get setup in temp leagues.

And frankly I dont have the patience to do that kind of crap every 3 months anymore . I am too old for it and got other shit to do.

Standard is so attractive exactly because you will tend to have all the layers of crap taken care of.

masters? level 8 all in standard . 0 in temp leagues
atlas? ill eventually be 125/125 .. every 3 months ill be at 0 .. yay
currency to roll maps .. takes serious effort in temp leagues .. standard i have a modest money pile.

You don't need masters at level 8 to play the game.
You don't need Atlas at 125 to play the game.
You don't need to roll T15 maps all the time.

Not convinced me. :P Seriously, is having all of that the point of playing the game, or getting it? You know, ol' chasing the rabbit thingy?
If so, why did you start a new character? Why not stick to the highest level one you have - you don't want to do the same thing over and over again, right?! How didn't you get tired of completing the same acts AGAIN? Or playing the same map layouts, AGAIN? :P
I'm not buying that argument - you're bound to re-roll once in a while, and while having dem exalts in stash is cool, starting on a fresh league is also quite fun thing to do - no matter if you put Ziz-amount of hours, or just as much as you do in Standard. At least, this is my point of view. P:

you are right, you dont . But for someone who HAS them already ... its kind of difficult to walk away from it only to do it again from zero in a new league.

you are right i dont need level 8 masters but i would like to have them.. guess which league already has them?
you are right i dont need 125 atlas , but i would like to have that... guess which league already has that?
and .. even with all of that you still wont really chain t15s .. so moot point i suppose.

in point of fact standard is attractive because some of us are tired of chasing all the rabbits . we like some rabbits ..to continue your example I could start a new character .. but that does not also mean i want to start a new character with nothing.

what i am getting from you is that unlike me you still have the energy and willingness to continue chasing all the carrots.. therefore base on what i have said you are the youth.. thus ofc you wouldnt understand. you are technically the opposite person to me

There also a considerable difference between testing the waters in a temp league and then going back to standard

and going all into a temp league.

Even I dabbled in essence for a bit . got me some fine ass rares too... but once i did what i wanted i got the hell out.
Last edited by Saltychipmunk on Oct 5, 2016, 11:32:20 AM
To be honest
In my opinion, Other than few people who really enjoy the temp leagues for what they are, most are poor peasants who cant stand seeing 1000+ ex builds crushing content they cant even dream of trying.

I have friends who truly love playing leagues because of the new content and many people who just keep emphasizing
its "fresh economy" and that everyone starts of with shitty sticks and boards like they do.

Butt hurt peasants who never even tried anything with loath bane, skyforth, headhunters.
GG
"
DDseedFoot wrote:
To be honest
In my opinion, Other than few people who really enjoy the temp leagues for what they are, most are poor peasants who cant stand seeing 1000+ ex builds crushing content they cant even dream of trying.

I have friends who truly love playing leagues because of the new content and many people who just keep emphasizing
its "fresh economy" and that everyone starts of with shitty sticks and boards like they do.

Butt hurt peasants who never even tried anything with loath bane, skyforth, headhunters.
GG

I bet you're a blast at parties.
Carry on my waypoint son, there'll be peace when maps are done.
Lay your portal gem to rest, don't you die no more.

'Cause it's a bitter sweet symphony this league.
Try to make maps meet, you're a slave to the meta, then you leave.
"
CaoMengde wrote:
iam all about Standard

i play Leagues to make more currency for Standard (league uniques)

only time i ever played Hardcore was PerandusHardcore... ...

i dont get people that play Leagues and say "no one cares about Standard"
that seems really dumb to me lol

and screeeewww Hardcore, the amount of BS lag and glitch deaths ive seen in Standard man.. like 5000 glitch deaths... how does anyone play Hardcore in this game?

League is more interesting than standard i think.
Saint-Petersburg. KUPCHINO!
"
Saltychipmunk wrote:

what i am getting from you is that unlike me you still have the energy and willingness to continue chasing all the carrots.. therefore base on what i have said you are the youth.. thus ofc you wouldnt understand. you are technically the opposite person to me

The day you lose willingness to do anything is the day you die. ;_)
Real knowledge is to know the extent of one's ignorance.
Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.
https://joeduncan123.imgur.com
https://joeduncan1234.imgur.com
Nowadays I play only in league , currency and stuff are cheaper and often bring back exclusive league item into standard.

Then depending the build I played in a league , I just upgrade it with every BiS in standard I have for that build and try stuff I wastn able in the league or I use standard to test build with the free respec.
"
Enduros wrote:
Standard all the way. Took me over a year to get my character to where it is now and it's not done. Just a week ago I made some adjustments to my build which made it a lot better then it was. It was good before, has been every time I figure out some change I should make. Small changes each time, but you build up all the gear to easily test things.

Would you say it is because the challenge of the temp. leagues is too big for you? Knowing your limits, and such.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info