Standard vs League

Standard league means perfection, where old & smart exiles enjoy Wraeclast in full.

Best regards,
Helfy.
|✡| Helfy & Helfy_Jr. #RoadTo100
Standard all the way. Took me over a year to get my character to where it is now and it's not done. Just a week ago I made some adjustments to my build which made it a lot better then it was. It was good before, has been every time I figure out some change I should make. Small changes each time, but you build up all the gear to easily test things.
"
Xavathos wrote:
As long as standard has legacy gear, I will not touch it with a 60ft pole.

Yet you will play leagues where completely broken shit like RotC, winring, T0 essesnces, shav ring, etc are handed out like flyers? It's known they are broken and will be nerfed before (and even if) they are put in the core game.
Casually casual.

Last edited by TheAnuhart on Oct 5, 2016, 1:18:56 AM
"
Phrazz wrote:
"
Xavathos wrote:

There's no need to be hostile. I was only sharing my opinion and take on your comment, trying to think with you so you might get more out of your time on PoE. I certainly have no insight into your life, otherwise perhaps I would have not posted this. :)

Wasn' trying to be hostile, I just got the impression that you were telling me how much time I have available, and what I am able to achieve in leagues :P

I just believe in you! :D
Carry on my waypoint son, there'll be peace when maps are done.
Lay your portal gem to rest, don't you die no more.

'Cause it's a bitter sweet symphony this league.
Try to make maps meet, you're a slave to the meta, then you leave.
"
TheAnuhart wrote:
"
Xavathos wrote:
As long as standard has legacy gear, I will not touch it with a 60ft pole.

Yet you will play leagues where completely broken shit like RotC, winring, T0 essesnces, shav ring, etc are handed out like flyers? It's known they are broken and will be nerfed before (and even if) they are put in the core game.

It is the only better alternative to standard, yes.
Carry on my waypoint son, there'll be peace when maps are done.
Lay your portal gem to rest, don't you die no more.

'Cause it's a bitter sweet symphony this league.
Try to make maps meet, you're a slave to the meta, then you leave.
Well, it depends of the league.

Recently I prefer Standard because of Atlas and the lot of Map tiers I collected.
I enjoyed a lot of Perandus and Prophecy league.

I don't have much time to create new builds in Standard, so I do it on Leagues. Essence League really Disappointed me and I asked the Support to put my Essence League Character on Standard.

So, to your question:

Standard is great with Atlas, but thre aren't chalenges and that means I don't have motivation to play it.

Leagues is great with Challenges and from Perandus League I saw Items I can't get with my Standard League characters, because my builds at the moment aren't so great.

If the league is interesting - like Peranduns and Prophecy I gladly will play it starting anew with some build in mind. If I don't like the league as I do with Essence, I better play on Standard and exploring the Atlas.
Remember, my friend, that the expectation leads to disappointment. So don't expect anything from anyone, even from yourself.
"
Saltychipmunk wrote:
temp leagues are a young persons game. us oldish peeps got other shit to do....

temp leagues are where you should go if you are optimistic and new to the game willing to spend an ungodly amount of time climbing.

but once you feel you have enough stuff there is absolutely nothing wrong with hanging it up and settling into standard .

That is what i did and i am very happy with how surprisingly lively the place is .

The old peeps talk, lol.

Yet, you still have ungodly amount of characters on high levels, which took you ages to level up. You clearly have enough time to lvl up your characters. So, what is up? :-D

Not saying that playing on Standard is somehow wrong, but you sound like this old guy, who sits in the corner and keeps on screaming you youngsters don't know shit, lemme tell ya...
Everyone has shit to do, everyone somehow finds even more time to waste.

Personally, I play in leagues because of challenges. And gotta tell you that killing the Shaper with your own build is pretty damn hard. :_P
Real knowledge is to know the extent of one's ignorance.
Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.
https://joeduncan123.imgur.com
https://joeduncan1234.imgur.com
"
Perq wrote:
"
Saltychipmunk wrote:
temp leagues are a young persons game. us oldish peeps got other shit to do....

temp leagues are where you should go if you are optimistic and new to the game willing to spend an ungodly amount of time climbing.

but once you feel you have enough stuff there is absolutely nothing wrong with hanging it up and settling into standard .

That is what i did and i am very happy with how surprisingly lively the place is .

The old peeps talk, lol.

Yet, you still have ungodly amount of characters on high levels, which took you ages to level up. You clearly have enough time to lvl up your characters. So, what is up? :-D

Not saying that playing on Standard is somehow wrong, but you sound like this old guy, who sits in the corner and keeps on screaming you youngsters don't know shit, lemme tell ya...
Everyone has shit to do, everyone somehow finds even more time to waste.

Personally, I play in leagues because of challenges. And gotta tell you that killing the Shaper with your own build is pretty damn hard. :_P

old people were young once ;) And no im not shit talking standard .. im IN standard afterall. What I am doing is shit talking leagues. With all the layered stuff ggg has added , the masters , the atlas .. it adds more and more layers of crap you have to do to get setup in temp leagues.

And frankly I dont have the patience to do that kind of crap every 3 months anymore . I am too old for it and got other shit to do.

Standard is so attractive exactly because you will tend to have all the layers of crap taken care of.

masters? level 8 all in standard . 0 in temp leagues
atlas? ill eventually be 125/125 .. every 3 months ill be at 0 .. yay
currency to roll maps .. takes serious effort in temp leagues .. standard i have a modest money pile.

Last edited by Saltychipmunk on Oct 5, 2016, 8:21:35 AM
"
Saltychipmunk wrote:

old people were young once ;) And no im not shit talking standard .. im IN standard afterall. What I am doing is shit talking leagues. With all the layered stuff ggg has added , the masters , the atlas .. it adds more and more layers of crap you have to do to get setup in temp leagues.

And frankly I dont have the patience to do that kind of crap every 3 months anymore . I am too old for it and got other shit to do.

Standard is so attractive exactly because you will tend to have all the layers of crap taken care of.

masters? level 8 all in standard . 0 in temp leagues
atlas? ill eventually be 125/125 .. every 3 months ill be at 0 .. yay
currency to roll maps .. takes serious effort in temp leagues .. standard i have a modest money pile.

You don't need masters at level 8 to play the game.
You don't need Atlas at 125 to play the game.
You don't need to roll T15 maps all the time.

Not convinced me. :P Seriously, is having all of that the point of playing the game, or getting it? You know, ol' chasing the rabbit thingy?
If so, why did you start a new character? Why not stick to the highest level one you have - you don't want to do the same thing over and over again, right?! How didn't you get tired of completing the same acts AGAIN? Or playing the same map layouts, AGAIN? :P
I'm not buying that argument - you're bound to re-roll once in a while, and while having dem exalts in stash is cool, starting on a fresh league is also quite fun thing to do - no matter if you put Ziz-amount of hours, or just as much as you do in Standard. At least, this is my point of view. P:
Real knowledge is to know the extent of one's ignorance.
Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.
https://joeduncan123.imgur.com
https://joeduncan1234.imgur.com
After doing several leagus now it boils down to this:
-> builds that are not so viable, but much more fun - do them in standard
-> if you wanna have the "free" (not money only play time) MTX, grab a mainstream build and clear league fast, as the prices are low early on and reach standard niveau later (example T15 map in std=40c, in league =22-23c) - the easy builds make it possible
-> after clearing league (meaning you reach you challenges goal, for me that is 36 mostly :P) buy as lot of league stuff as possible
-> sell league stuff later in standard to continue playing fun builds in standard

Main issues are fucked up RNG, the BS trade stuff and the abysmal content drops (maps T12+).
Also what I noticed is, that after the first 3-4 weeks where drops are ways better in league maps, they get to the same shitty level as in standard so you can just play there again.
I still don't know if that is tied to player level, stealth nerfing or whatsoever. What is clear is, that I got all my T1 uniqes, exalts etc while I was below the required challenge level (90), most time even below 85.

TLDR so for me, blast thru league with mainstream build asap, then get back to std.
Last edited by Ayuminator on Oct 5, 2016, 10:47:51 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info