Difficulty Levels in 3.0.0

I am looking forward to the day that we have ten unique acts and no extra difficulties. I would much rather play through different content the whole leveling process than replay the same story three times. I can't wait to see this happen.
hype!
"
Wolowizard88 wrote:
I am not a big player and don't have time to play games. [...]

Having a lot of content doesn't bother me.
[...]

I understand what you're saying but those two bits contradict one another a little, don't they.
Shavronne wrapped Kaom's waist,
with her gilded purple boots.
"You want my sockets?"
"
Wolowizard88 wrote:
I am not a big player and don't have time to play games. Playing in normal mode gives me the opportunity to play all acts. I never finished cruel mode, because I don't play enough to have a powerful enough character for it.

While I think I understand your way of thinking, it has to be said that PoE is not a casual game at all and mainly focused on the endgame.

That's why it's really nice to see that the leveling aspect finally gets some love :)
Even without Cruel difficulty leveling still VERY and very annoying, time wasting, not fun, boring and useless thing in PoE!

If normal would get smaller (much smaller) area or gain much more exp in normal difficulty - it would improve game A LOT and make leveling actually less annoying.
Necropolis master craft service Necropolis My IGN TreeOfDead
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2037371 Vouch
Necropolis veiled crafting all service all crafts mods
Necropolis SC master craft service Necropolis SC craft mod!
Veiled crafting Service Necropolis craft PM: TreeOfDead
"
TreeOfDead wrote:
Even without Cruel difficulty leveling still VERY and very annoying, time wasting, not fun, boring and useless thing in PoE!

If normal would get smaller (much smaller) area or gain much more exp in normal difficulty - it would improve game A LOT and make leveling actually less annoying.

That's like saying you want to play football but can we do away with the running and scoring part and just win? So boring to run all the time.

You could also, you know, not play the game? If playing is such a bore for you, that would be a good idea.

I'd almost ask them to reduce the exp rate by a factor of 3, as a final nail in the coffin of the casuals ruining the game. Go play D3 if you want to be done in a week.

Don't we play games to challenge us? I do, and I'll defend it.
Carry on my waypoint son, there'll be peace when maps are done.
Lay your portal gem to rest, don't you die no more.

'Cause it's a bitter sweet symphony this league.
Try to make maps meet, you're a slave to the meta, then you leave.
"
Xavathos wrote:
"
TreeOfDead wrote:

That's like saying you want to play football but can we do away with the running and scoring part and just win? So boring to run all the time.

You could also, you know, not play the game? If playing is such a bore for you, that would be a good idea.

I'd almost ask them to reduce the exp rate by a factor of 3, as a final nail in the coffin of the casuals ruining the game. Go play D3 if you want to be done in a week.

So awkward seeing a guy with 20 Challenges and a highest level 88 say that to a guy with 37 Challenges and multiple 100's. Lels.
Fake Temp League Elitists LUL
"
Xavathos wrote:

Going through the acts and difficulties isn't challenging, it just takes time while being quite boring.
[Edit Okay lemme try this again]
"
_Saranghaeyo_ wrote:

So awkward seeing a guy with 20 Challenges and a highest level 88 say that to a guy with 37 Challenges and multiple 100's. Lels.

So are you correlating how much someone has played this particular league with the value of their opinion? The latter poster could simply be someone who doesn't have as much time to play or had a lot of holiday stuff taking up play time.

Does it even matter? It's subjective, there are people who get bored after completing normal their first time and would find doing cruel boring. There are people who still enjoy the acts on their 20th alt. Trying to assign more value or qualification to a subjective opinion is nonsense.
"only 10% of players care about melee" - Aesop's Fox if he was a GGG dev
"when you die in this game, typically you're getting one shot, you're dieing in one frame; almost always" -Ben_
Last edited by alhazred70 on Jan 1, 2017, 8:11:19 PM
"
Xavathos wrote:
"
TreeOfDead wrote:

The issue is that there just isn´t anything challenging in leveling to 68 and even the maps are not particularly difficult. What is difficult are the bosses, shaper & co or tier 12+ maps.

Therefore, it makes sense to give people the chance to actually play those instead of having them waste weeks to get there.

When I played POE for the first time, I quit at Cruel, as it was boring to do the same again, without any real challenge or new mechanics. At D2, we also had that problem, but there we at least had more difficult monsters, that had immunities, or we unlocked new mercenaries and stuff.
POE offers nothing, the mobs in cruel die as easy as in A1 normal, they are still the same and especially A3 and A4 are tiresome, due the lack of rewards.

You will also not be done at D3 in a week, you need to play many weeks to unlock the stash tab and to reach greater rifts 80+ is almost impossible for Casuals.

People play video games for various reasons, some just want to waste some time, others try to escape RL and again others look for a fun environment.

Sure, POE, WOW or D3 in it´s current state, all offer something for those who want to escape or just waste time, but those who look for fun are left out and that´s why games bleed subs or new players stop in the first few weeks.

Therefore, I welcome GGG´s move, it´s an important step and if they then also add trading, then POE should be in a great shape for everyone.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info