Difficulty Levels in 3.0.0

"
Chris wrote:
Next year's 3.0.0 expansion introduces Path of Exile's fifth act. Without any changes to the game's structure, the core game would consist of fifteen acts to play through across three difficulty levels before you arrive at the end-game. Clearly, this is too much and would push the end-game out too far.

We want to confirm that our plan for 3.0.0 reduces the core game to ten total acts before the end-game. Changes of this nature dramatically alter the levels that maps and other systems start at, so we need Act Five to keep character progression relatively similar.

Better, develop a manifesto about why we should play this?

You kill trade by nefring items that we farm after we kill last boss.
Trade is only think to play after last boss dead, and also it motivate you to play to become strong and GREED GEAR to trade.

you wipe and nefr all think, trick ppl, guys play new ligue fresh economy.
why you speak about economy who need items currency after last boss is dead?
yuo will nerf it anyways.
Great News, thx Chris and Team <3

ps: Friend of mine asked me yesterday: Whats about the german translation? He don't speak english but would play PoE gladly.. And he's not the only one i believe :)
Last edited by Serafyn on Nov 30, 2016, 7:35:27 AM
"
Akymo86 wrote:
"
Jawsome1 wrote:
Definitely looking forward to 10 acts instead of the current 12 or 15.

Current 15 acts? There is 4 acts current. So when the game will be finished it will have fifteen acts? And 3.0.0 is just act 5? So act 15 will come out in like version 9.0.0? Or am I total wrong here?

Normal, Cruel, Merc with 5 acts = 15... Brah, math
"
Meit_Grigori wrote:
"
Akymo86 wrote:
"
Jawsome1 wrote:

Current 15 acts? There is 4 acts current. So when the game will be finished it will have fifteen acts? And 3.0.0 is just act 5? So act 15 will come out in like version 9.0.0? Or am I total wrong here?

OP says going to be 10 acts when 3.0.0 comes out, losing a difficulty. Brah, reading.
Support a free Hong Kong.

I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with
sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use.
-Galileo Galilei
"
Arrowneous wrote:
Hey GGG devs, did anyone ever read this:

Act 5 should leverage the 3 times through levels of difficulty for both new and veteran players

According to the latest manifesto post I guess not. So when act 5 comes out next year we'll immediately get posts from Veteran players that act 1 is too easy and posts from new players that act 1 is too hard.

When will GGG wise up to the fact that an arpg with only one level of difficulty setting can't satisfy both new and veteran players. The "one size fits all" concept doesn't work here.

Agree here.

Do not cut content like many other gaming compagnies seems to do to appeal to more ppl. Do not cut content because "it's gonna be too long to" stuff. Remember one thing, if the core gamer play your games, the casual will follow even if it's fucking hard and time consuming.

Now, i have to admit path of exile is maybe the first arpg that dense in the history of this type of game and adding more act will make the itemization/ overall game mechanic of the game impossible or really difficult to do for the devs. Something must be change for sure.

Once again not fan of the difficulty levels cut, even if i don't see another solution yet?

Please still consider another one GGG.
Last edited by kulgeen on Dec 6, 2016, 5:51:13 PM
Hey GGG, Congratz for running Breach leauge. I got little cosmetic sugestion about the game. What do u thing about weapon sheat in town? I realy wanted to see my Oro's on back;)

PS. Sorry about my english im from Poland;)
Last edited by vourinen on Dec 7, 2016, 7:27:42 AM
"
Archwizard wrote:
"
Meit_Grigori wrote:
"
Akymo86 wrote:

OP says going to be 10 acts when 3.0.0 comes out, losing a difficulty. Brah, reading.

Brah, not talking bout OPs statement, but the statement the Akymo guy made. Reading comprehension must be hard for you brah.
"
Meit_Grigori wrote:
"
Archwizard wrote:
"
Meit_Grigori wrote:

Brah, not talking bout OPs statement, but the statement the Akymo guy made. Reading comprehension must be hard for you brah.

Except Akymo was, in fact, talking about the OP as related to the post he was quoting.

Here's his original post:

"
Akymo86 wrote:
"
Jawsome1 wrote:

Now, you'll notice Jawsome1 was talking about how it'd be nice to only have to play 10 acts worth of content (5 unique acts, played 2 times each) instead of "the current 12 or 15". This was a bit of a screwup on Jawsome1's part since it's currently 12 acts worth of content (4 unique acts, played 3 times each).

Akymo86 was clearly confused by this, because he took it as "15 unique acts" instead of "acts worth of content". Based on this faulty premise, some bad math, and knowing that act 5 is released with 3.0.0, Akymo86 then wondering if act 15 would be released as version 9.0.0.

So now, your quote about 3 difficulties and 5 unique acts = 15 is totally off base for two reasons.

1. The current is 12 acts, there will never be 15 acts worth of content unless GGG actually releases 15 acts. This is due to the upcoming reduction from 3 to 2 difficulties meaning that there can only ever be an even number of acts worth of content once a difficulty is eliminated.

2. Akymo86 was specifically asked if he was "total wrong here", which he was. A proper response by you (Meit_Grigori) would have been to point out his error and to provide the correct information. My response to you was in this vein, providing the correct information, 10 acts worth of content (in the shorthand 10 acts, which did lead to some of Akymo86's confustion), while simultaneously, and somewhat sarcastically, pointing out the erroneous nature of your response.

Clearly, I gave you too much credit, and for that I apologize. I hope this longer explanation helps.
Support a free Hong Kong.

I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with
sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use.
-Galileo Galilei
Last edited by Archwizard on Dec 8, 2016, 8:11:50 AM
Bruh Breaches, it just got Real. All this fancy math is what screwed ggg up and gave us a footprint instead of the (fairly severe technical issues) gloves we where suppose to get, lol.

Can't we all just get along. Get in a party, High-five your friend(s)while; tag-teaming(gang-banging) some breaches.

I can't help to be disappointed by that decision.
Even if I totally understand the reasons the devs want to reduce the number of acts, I wouldn't mind having a huge H'nS game in which we would play 20+ acts in total.

With that strategy, it means that if one day the game has ten different acts to play, there will be no more different difficulties and you will play the ten different acts one after the other until the final one. It will mean in that case the final act will be the aquivalent (in difficulty) of act IV merciless today. Meaning that only some players will play it;

I am not a big player and don't have time to play games. Playing in normal mode gives me the opportunity to play all acts. I never finished cruel mode, because I don't play enough to have a powerful enough character for it.

If GGG does like this, the very last acts will always be out of my reach.
I would gladly prefer 10 acts in normal mode and then replay the 10 acts in a more difficult level.
Having a lot of content doesn't bother me.

But anyway...I am really looking forward new acts, especially the V now. I like this game for this, it evolves a lot and doesn't stay still, like many others or Diablo 3.
I hope many acts will be added and that in gerneral, the story will keep going on and telling us beautiful tales in Wraeclast.

Sorry for my English.

Thank you all.
Last edited by Wolowizard88 on Dec 12, 2016, 4:03:08 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info