Difficulty Levels in 3.0.0

My only expectation for 3.0 is additional passive points. I expect a lot more points than just 123 or 126 points if you are an ascendant.
Permanent Hardcore only.
"
KDBW_ger wrote:
Seriously GGG, I don't care.

Fix your game first.

There are a lot of issues I have with the current state of the game.

- meta bullshit (ES, BV whatever)
- map mods resulting in harsh build restrictions
- annoying damage spiking
- one shot bullshit bosses
- unplayable melee

Out of these 6, only the last one is an issue for them and I'm hoping they will concentrate on fixing. The rest is intended by design.
Should get rid of them all and just remove the *normal* text

Each act should act as its own difficulty so you dont need to replay the game more then once

Act 1: Normal
Act 2: Harder then normal but not as hard as cruel
Act 3: Cruel
Act 4: Harder then cruel but not as hard as merc
Act 5: Merc

Remove all the quests and just make useless quests give points instead of shit gear we didnt want in the first place that isnt good

All end of act bosses should give a reward that isnt 100% rng shit.

Bandit quest can be redone to deal with this easy
>but one of the possible 8 points is locked behind Cruel Bandits. Where are they going to go? Where are the other Cruel Bandit rewards going to go?

Easy, you can now find random bandit or Eramir in maps. You have to deal with them all before you get your skillpoint or bandit reward.

>Will we have legacy characters that have access to Cruel Bandit rewards from the past that new characters cannot acquire? Or will GGG reset that quest and remove its rewards from all characters on the server?

See above, no need to reset it.

>And what about Cruel Labyrinth? I know GGG can easily move the two Ascenscion points provided by it into Normal and Merciless, each providing 3 instead of 2 now (which I'm sure Scions would love) but there's a unique jewel gated behind Cruel that can only be acquired by being #1 on the Cruel Labyrinth Ladder.

That jewel is accessible by what, 10 out of thousands players? Not a big loss imo.
And worst change is putting almost all bosses in new version of maps into fucking small areas, where you can't kite well or dodge stuff. What a terrible idiot invented that I want say to him: dude flick you, seriously flick you very much.
Okay, maybe i'm blind here but where do they say they are removing cruel? i don't see it anywhere, i know the indication about cruel going away is strong but i'll wait until they actually come out and say it before i get hyped.

"
faerwin wrote:
How is that gonna affect rewards, namely skill points and bandits?

I suspect the Act V skill point reward will be similar, having to choose between four choices. If so, in regards to bandit rewards, we'll essentially be getting only one extra skill point when it's released since we lose one difficulty. However losing one difficulty also reduces the free skill points from the other missions as well. So if GGG wants to keep around the same number of skill points available, they'll need to add more side quests. Maybe we'll finally have a reason to go into Dread Thicket.
"
Lynerus wrote:
Should get rid of them all and just remove the *normal* text

Each act should act as its own difficulty so you dont need to replay the game more then once

Act 1: Normal
Act 2: Harder then normal but not as hard as cruel
Act 3: Cruel
Act 4: Harder then cruel but not as hard as merc
Act 5: Merc

Remove all the quests and just make useless quests give points instead of shit gear we didnt want in the first place that isnt good

All end of act bosses should give a reward that isnt 100% rng shit.

Bandit quest can be redone to deal with this easy

To add to this... if this game is going to get more acts after 5th maybe you should just base all monster levels on players power/level

Cause with my idea you would have to redo all of it again to match more acts

What level do player end at when they enter cruel/merc/or act 2+

Base monster levels on these stats and you wont need to redo everything if you add more acts (would just need to add a newline for what is a good level to base for each new act)
Or just base all monsters levels on player level like d3 does (i think?) then it wouldnt really matter and you could farm any arena
"
Palin81 wrote:

But can we get more radical like only once in Story mode?

That was one of their original goals. They will probably do it when a few more acts are released.
Remove Lab from core game
"
Angryweasel wrote:
"
Ashriel wrote:
Very nice. When can we expect to not have to level alts to 70 through 10 grueling, mind-numbing acts just to test out a build idea?

Hopefully never!

It was shit for D3 and will be shit for Poe.

the obvious solution to this would be ggg selling total char respecs, not cripple the main game because people won't use their permanent league's chars for testing who get respecced periodically.
age and treachery will triumph over youth and skill!
Last edited by vio on Sep 27, 2016, 3:37:34 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info