PC servers are restarting in:
They should be back up in approximately .

Difficulty Levels in 3.0.0

I am curious why not just scrap the -60% resist mechanic and re-balance resistance values you can get at certain level and damage what monsters deal per level?
"
Chris wrote:
Next year's 3.0.0 expansion introduces Path of Exile's fifth act. Without any changes to the game's structure, the core game would consist of fifteen acts to play through across three difficulty levels before you arrive at the end-game. Clearly, this is too much and would push the end-game out too far.

We want to confirm that our plan for 3.0.0 reduces the core game to ten total acts before the end-game. Changes of this nature dramatically alter the levels that maps and other systems start at, so we need Act Five to keep character progression relatively similar.
\

Sounds awesome!

I just hope you keep the same number of passive skillpoints you recieve through quests
Also if you can elaborate on how will the scaling work between difficulties and all that
Good job, GGG! I'm tired of this long end-game reaching. But very interested what will you do with resists, missing lab, achievements (probably need to remove/fix some of them) and other things. Hope you'll make right solutions
- starting with 3.0.0 the normal difficulty will be removed
My bet: -5% to all resistances per act, so by the time you get to the 10th act, you're at -50% to all resists. Then there's going to be a -10% to all resistances penalty for maps, bringing the total to -60%.
Ha! Nice news today :)
But I am wondering when it going to be. Becsuse if you count patches, the count seems to be that 3.0 is going to be december if GGG stay on 4 leagues in year and expansion every other one...
And keep up the good work. Still have some connecting issues and have to switch back to predictive. But that could be my connection.
"
Chris wrote:
Next year's 3.0.0 expansion introduces Path of Exile's fifth act. Without any changes to the game's structure, the core game would consist of fifteen acts to play through across three difficulty levels before you arrive at the end-game. Clearly, this is too much and would push the end-game out too far.

We want to confirm that our plan for 3.0.0 reduces the core game to ten total acts before the end-game. Changes of this nature dramatically alter the levels that maps and other systems start at, so we need Act Five to keep character progression relatively similar.

Nice. But we need badly an alt create function. For example, if you have lvl 90 in the league you can create a lvl 60 character. All these build ideas and act1-2-3-4, cruel act 1-2-3-4, merci 1-2-3-4 is too annoing.
Hoping that the removal of 1 difficulty level means lab has to be done 1 less time hahaha - yeeeaah right.
I used to level multiple alts per league but not anymore when one has to factor in the lab grind.
Lab is a chore

Delve / Harbinger / Incursion / Delirium best leagues.
"
Hoping that the removal of 1 difficulty level means ...

that's actually not what chris wrote.
age and treachery will triumph over youth and skill!
Wish this became a more serious Manifesto, as in all the leading possibilities of an impossible existence. There's other ways to go around this balance, beeing one the increase of level cap, without changing the structure too much -and itself several know-how disciplines;

Extending Ascendancy up from End-game (Access to the first 2 points would be granted after Uber Lab, for example, from there each point after 100 would mean 1 ascendancy point - Would require a rework and path extension on the actual ascendancy trees). This would also solve the stand-off inbetween people that like to run the lab and folks that are forced to. This would also mean there would be no need to change the 1-100 tree.

Using the same formula as used to balance ACT IV inclusion might not work the same for another next ACT, jamming instance after instance just for the sake of a new ending shouldn't be the way to go as storyline needs something of a progression, be careful here.

Back to The Melee (Reaving Insight): view-thread/1240462
Fusion Skill Engineering: view-thread/1095291

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info