All dressed up with nowhere to go

Last edited by Entropic_Fire on Oct 26, 2016, 10:54:15 PM
"
Entropic_Fire wrote:

You didn't have to sum up anything your intention was clear from the title. Why would anyone make a thread like this unless they had a problem with the map progression system?

Last league I played solo character found on HC and I was clearing T14+ in under a month. I had to wait to clear some of those high tier bosses until my gear caught up, so it's pretty ironic that you blame trading for outpacing content.

I don't "blame" trading. I don't blame anything. If you know how to read, and I think you do, you could read that I'm OK with almost everything.

And if you know the level of RNG in this game, you know that even if you COULD do something LAST league, doesn't mean everyone doing the exact same would experience the same.
Sometimes, just sometimes, you should really consider adapting to the world, instead of demanding that the world adapts to you.
Endgame pacing sure seems worse in 2.4. I seem to recall having a nice T9-10 pool in Prophecy by level 88, but here I'm still stuck with mostly T7 maps. And I have to repeat lower tier maps in an attempt to get the few missing ones to drop and get my bonus up.
"
databeaver wrote:
Endgame pacing sure seems worse in 2.4. I seem to recall having a nice T9-10 pool in Prophecy by level 88, but here I'm still stuck with mostly T7 maps. And I have to repeat lower tier maps in an attempt to get the few missing ones to drop and get my bonus up.

I'm having a steady income of 10's and 11's for the time being, so if I were to "go with the flow", I would tell you that you're doing something wrong, because you're not having the same experience as me. But I'm not going to say that, because that's wrong.

I'm not going to patronize you. We both know we're both chiseling, alching for pack size and looking for high IIQ. The difference between us? RNG. No skill. No knowledge. Nothing.
Sometimes, just sometimes, you should really consider adapting to the world, instead of demanding that the world adapts to you.
I am 62 maps in atlas entirely self - found. Guess what I progress with around 5 maps a day ,why are you bitching you can't consistently do high end maps>?
Not to mention just how many t11 and t12 maps drops and I have only Bazar,shipyard,waterways ,high gardens and one t14 map. Just play and don't whine about it.
Last edited by Lafielaq on Sep 26, 2016, 7:30:32 AM
Yup, when its based on rng no mather how much currency you spend on a map,when you are cursed by the GGG drop gods, you are gonna get horse shit.
I got a mate running blue T13 with less than 80 atlas and hes getting more T14 content than I am with 101 atlas + chisel/alch every map untill it gets over or near 90%Q

its sad...
"
vpetrovgb wrote:
Yup, when its based on rng no mather how much currency you spend on a map,when you are cursed by the GGG drop gods, you are gonna get horse shit.
I got a mate running blue T13 with less than 80 atlas and hes getting more T14 content than I am with 101 atlas + chisel/alch every map untill it gets over or near 90%Q

its sad...

It is.

But if we are to "believe" in the Law of large numbers, the more we play, the more "true" the outcome will be. It won't necessarily result in more maps, but the "true" droprate will emerge.
Last edited by Phrazz on Sep 26, 2016, 7:57:12 AM
"
Phrazz wrote:

It is.

But if we are to "believe" in the Law of large numbers, the more we play, the more "true" the outcome will be. It won't necessarily result in more maps, but the "true" droprate will emerge.

I say fk it... make a straw poll that we need Zana`s flask of mapping introduced!

"Your map drop chance during flask effect is Lucky!"
"
Phrazz wrote:
I'm having a steady income of 10's and 11's for the time being, so if I were to "go with the flow", I would tell you that you're doing something wrong, because you're not having the same experience as me. But I'm not going to say that, because that's wrong.

I'm not going to patronize you. We both know we're both chiseling, alching for pack size and looking for high IIQ. The difference between us? RNG. No skill. No knowledge. Nothing.

A real-life example of a map sequence that just happened, and a representative example of how the game has been lately for me:

Run a T10 terrace. Alched to an average IIQ, no packsize. Drops no maps.
Run a T10 terrace. Alched, then chaosed six times in an attempt to roll packsize and get rid of unplayable/annoying mod combinations. Finally had to settle for another average IIQ with no packsize. Drops a T9 overgrown shrine.
Run a T9 overgrown shrine. Chiseled, alched and chaosed to about 90% IIQ and 24% packsize. Drops no maps.

Fat lot of good all that chiseling and packsize did for me.

I'm now completely out of T10 maps and have a single T9 map. At least my T8 pool has grown to six maps.
They new map system is designed so you HAVE to buy maps. I don't agree with it, but progression without is seems ass.

I was stuck in t8/t9. So I spent 1 ex and bought every single T10, T11, and as many T12's as I could afford at the time.

Now I'm at 87/125 and my maps look "okay" i guess. Right now I'm floating T11/T12/T13. Haven't had a T14 drop yet.

I'm guessing this design is intended even though it sucks.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info