All dressed up with nowhere to go

"
Phrazz wrote:
"
Maybe if you weren't so ENTITLED to higher maps, you'd clearly see the point.

I lol'd :)

My views in ARPG is that party play should be a social choice, and not a requirement. Trading should be an advantage, but not a requirement. As map drops stand now, on of the two seems close to a requirement. But most of all, I miss some transparency from GGG on the matter: If they want trading or party play to be requirements, it's OK in my eyes - but come out and say so - don't go on pod casts and talk about how they want the difference between self found play and trading to be "small".

I'm OK with most things, as long as they're clear to everyone.

Well this is something that they don't dare to be transparent about. And one of the reasons I'm shying away from supporting ever again, my own oversight that they are still an "indie company" whereas they are a lot more corporate nowadays.

To address transparency, it means that they can never truly reveal motivating factors behind the actual controversial topics of discussion or issues in the game. It's PR. You can't come out and say there are problems, because that scares the shareholders. You also can't reveal the finer details of your operation, because that leads to more hard pressed questions. Deadly cycle. That said, I actually agree with how they are handling things now from a business perspective, but as a customer, or better yet a gamer, it's really fucking shitty.

And from a media exposure standpoint, of course they are going to declare things like "Atlas was a success" etc, and we will never know if that was truly the case or not. What company would announce that a new product isn't doing well? Who knows what the real percentage of the player base in Essence for example are still having issues breaking into Yellow Maps. I have a constant flow of Chisels/Alch in that league because I put all White and Yellow Maps into my tabs for sale, and I sell very frequently. A lot of users start rambling off a list of things they need when I invite them to my hideout, and I give them a nice bulk deal at the end of it all. And it's usually a long list. To me, they are going through the same thing my group did in the first couple of weeks, which is running what you have, not being able to find the connecting map, and then being forced to buy Maps to "progress." Awful.

Anyhow, we will always be told things are great. GGG won't attend any podcast or social broadcast without scripting questions or limiting what they can reveal, so we will never know the truth :)
Fake Temp League Elitists LUL
Last edited by _Saranghaeyo_ on Sep 25, 2016, 8:12:11 PM
"
reibuorumai wrote:
Trading isn't a requirement to hit high tier maps. The only requirement is knowing how to roll maps and doing content very often and consistently. I find the whole mapping system incredibly interesting, the idea that you not only have to manage your build and equipment, but also your ability to do content. If you approach the system as something to beat and conquer, rather than approaching it with preconceived notions of how something should work, it's quite fascinating how it works. The whole map system is very unlike anything else, I like it quite a lot. Unfortunately it's not very rewarding to the instant-gratification crowd because it's roots are based in statistics.

Ability to do content? Well, a lot of players have builds that can do almost every mod there is. And there's not much more "to it", other than rolling high IIQ and pack size on maps, chiseling of course, and maybe add some fragments and Zana mods here and there. If anyone knows of any secrets beyond this, please share.

I was pretty optimistic at first, entering high level maps. Built up a "pool" of 15-16 T13 maps. Now, I'm back to T10-11's, farming chisels and hammers on my IIQ runner.
Sometimes, just sometimes, you should really consider adapting to the world, instead of demanding that the world adapts to you.
It is quite clear that GGG has decided exactly how they view the game and how we should play it. There is the low end and then the very very high end - they want to keep you just under the high end all the time and that's just what they'll do they don't consider your view they have already decided how it is best for everyone. If you start to break the game in any way or form they will put you down if they know how to reach you, you aren't supposed to win this game. Anything that isn't constantly struggling will get adjusted so it will, and that leaves a nice 2% builds or something "viable" and the rest of them just cannot grow into godhood.

People just want to have fun, get powerful and wreck the content farming and farming.

GGG wants to make sure you have an extremely hard time clearing the content(not many builds can be taken to godmode), they fuck you with the xp penalty, they fuck you with the RNG systems from behind all the time, they tell you what your expectations should be and if your expectations are natural as per human nature then just get wrecked. They Keep bosses and red map+ content so overtuned it isn't even an enjoyment for 99% of all builds. They make you waste all your farmed currency just to enter maps and further annoy you. Etc.

Is it not clear a long time ago that GGG don't give a fuck what you think, and have decided how you should think already?

If you don't like then do as the braindead whiteknights say and just leave it is not the game for you.

None of them listens to reason anymore. With GGG it has always been stubbornmode from the very start. I should almost think that they read every single feedback on the forums coz it seems in most cases they will do something that no one thought about, making sure that anything suggested is never solved that way but only their own GGG way is the best.

All thanks and praises for "not selling out" and sticking to their own mindset, but they are not good enough to see enough to be the best sticking to themselves only. You need to listen u fucking GGG people, and the worst thing is you should have listened to the majority of people who could have been playing your game, the people that wrote good feedback posts on why PoE is lacking and how the experience is bad. Those people that only come every now and then, because this game is saturated now with the wrong type of people, the people who come for the lesser version of people and are too strong/stubborn/ignorant/determined to be knocked out by your bad systems, so they just sit here and be cool with everything, while all those you should have listened to are already gone!

But you don't see this yourself, that's why you won't even know what to listen for and will just keep being fed your statistics on how your playerbase is slowly growing and how everyone completed this much and that much, or how they use this skill over that skill etc. But you won't fucking see the big picture. MORE POWER; MORE DROPS; MORE FUN.

The best times of this game as people say where when ambush was on coz massive amount of drops maps, perandus coz easy build characters and very reward, etc etc etc. Times when we could chainfarm max level maps mostly. Etc. These are the best times of the PoE community coz things were flowing.. but no you just wanna go in the starvation control keep dont keep them weak mode, make sure they are extra starved at all fucking times so they don't get any illusions that their character can handle the game. My god. You wouldn't want them to think that now would you, you wouldn't make people have an satisfying reason to reroll the next character other than.. this is just getting more and more tedious and unrewarding even downright frustrating, i think it is time to start another character. Yea because PoE is the "god game" because theoretically i can haz and theoretically i can imagine fun scenarios.. but is it really that fun playing huh? you only have the suckers left now. Those who either are full in love with poe, or those who don't know better. If anything comes to compete with PoE that makes the right choices, you will be obliterated because you are just so out of touch with people having fun!

God i sound like a fucking imbecile reciting "fun" and "feelings" and things of that nature on my every post for the last long time, but i need to raise your conscioussness to a higher level, i need you to think GGG so you can realize maybe there is some truth to it!

FFS!
I am the light of the morning and the shadow on the wall, I am nothing and I am all.
Last edited by Crackmonster on Sep 25, 2016, 8:57:01 PM
"
Crackmonster wrote:
Is it not clear a long time ago that GGG don't give a fuck what you think, and have decided how you should think already?

Well they have the mental parent syndrome (see: Riot Games) where they tell you what you like and so forth.

I really just want consistent higher content to do, seems silly to come out and pretend T13+ etc are big and bad and spooky places, like honestly the majority of people have at least been in one, understands what level of gear they need to do it, and we're moving on. Why RNG gate some of these drops? Doesn't make sense.

I'm actually against items raining from the sky, but I know that is a key part of the ARPG experience is loot. (And by no means am I disputing Perandus, or Ambush for where I was not playing, were not successes -- when I came back for the 2 Week Perandus thing my friends list was buzzing every day). Atm I feel pretty comfortable in temp leagues getting what I need, and I understand that the high-end stuff is not always going to be for me with respect to play time. I think loot can be adjusted a little, but is fairly on point.
Last edited by _Saranghaeyo_ on Sep 25, 2016, 8:24:36 PM
I am definitely not on the side of overflowing with items and letting it rain till everyone are soaked.

I simply argue what is relevant in this case.

I prefer the main body of my items to be farmable within a reasonable time frame, but i also want other much rare items to keep hunting for. It depends, it,s not so simple as drops it's about the whole experience and the whole game, do you feel you are getting somewhere, do you have goals to chase that make your time meaningful and in ways where you feel you reach enough per day to really feel the heat or does everything just feel plain and meh with an occasional very rare yay?

Actually i believe in something greater than pure RNG drops, i believe rng drops are one of the keystones, but you also need a much better interweaved world with things like craftable unique items, yes actually items and not just a random roll on something, targeted farming of some things, pure rng nature of other drops/items.. Mats being found on certain types of monsters, or other types of monsters having the only ones who can drop this and that item etc etc. Extremely cool graphics, ancient knowledge and powers, demons, more philosophy more spirits, more belief systems. Multiplayer that actually works. That allows for a much better experience and many more ways to approach it from and to grow.. But that clearly is just a wild fantasy that i am not trying to bring into PoE. It was just to paint the picture that there is so much more out there than pure rng all around.
I am the light of the morning and the shadow on the wall, I am nothing and I am all.
Last edited by Crackmonster on Sep 25, 2016, 8:40:34 PM
"
Crackmonster wrote:
I am definitely not on the side of overflowing with items and letting it rain till everyone are soaked.

I simply argue what is relevant in this case.

I prefer the main body of my items to be farmable within a reasonable time frame, but i also want other much rare items to keep hunting for. It depends, it,s not so simple as drops it's about the whole experience and the whole game, do you feel you are getting somewhere, do you have goals to chase that make your time meaningful and in ways where you feel you reach enough per day to really feel the heat or does everything just feel plain and meh with an occasional very rare yay?

Think you hit it on the head there. At some point in this game, that is questionable.
"
Entropic_Fire wrote:
Maybe if you have this problem consistently you should invest more in your map pool instead of just focusing on your gear. You make it sound like a game balance problem when it's really your own resource allocation mistake.

This type of garbage.. just listen to that.

The players blame each other because the system sucks big fat monkey balls. You can say what you want, but the map systems will in reality lead to bad experiences because its like undermining yourself just trying to get ahead? Yes, it's like that, some people get it and some don't, but the reality is that it is a system that almost begs to be failed and will realistically lead to many players bad experience, even despite the theoretical "can be done right and it's np". You just see your fucking currency draining away, and then you sit and pray for a big drop, or you get wrecked coz your instance crash and lost map, or this and that, or you use currency for many many hours and then die and not only lose the xp and time but all all you invested. So frustrating system, and WHY? ask yourself why must it really be like that? It musn't but it has been decided that it should and that's final. That's how fucking GGG adjusts to feedback on their systems from day 1.

So because of that system being prone to this exact type of failure, blame the player and not the system but it is symptomatic for PoE to have these bad systems that lead to bad experiences for players and to not have systems that put player experience first.
Last edited by Crackmonster on Sep 25, 2016, 8:52:00 PM
What you guys are touching on now, is the core of the "problem"; drops. Gear should be hard to come by. End game, top notch gear should be hard. I've played D2 for years, still missing some key unique items. I'm OK with that; I choose not to trade.

But when on-level content is considered "drops", and is treated like any other drops, gated behind semi-controllable RNG, we are faced with several problems. And as I see it, this is a feature introduced solely and only to artificially prolong the game, force you "down" to grind your way up.

I was playing with the idea of bosses always dropping = maps, letting you at least stay at a certain level, farming, and make +1 considerably harder to come by. But the idea never fully made sense in my mind.

Maybe I'm just biased, but "backtracking" and grinding "under level content" are - in my eyes - two of the most important elements to avoid, designing an ARPG.
Sometimes, just sometimes, you should really consider adapting to the world, instead of demanding that the world adapts to you.
Last edited by Phrazz on Sep 25, 2016, 8:53:44 PM
ohhhh boi. don't even get me started on this topic :D
-Forever Casual-
IGN: Zzerk
Welcom to the club. I've tried a few things to mitigate this reoccurring issue (all dressed up and no place to go) I played 100% self found this ladder still ran out of challenge. I'm doing lvl 3 maps at 86 and still deathless cant get higher maps let alone reds

Game always had RNG content which ive never liked. Gear fine. But some player need no gear they are just exceptionally skilled and can move correctly but they are still gated by this shit system. I've quit many times because of it. Will never give another cent to GGG as long as it exists.
Git R Dun!
Last edited by Aim_Deep on Sep 25, 2016, 10:57:27 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info