[2.4] Speedy Decay Build

"
"
Nisseonbeer wrote:
hej there, i do semilar build(atleast same concept)

try take ur poisen and throw it away, and use Essence drain in that spot instead.

= 5l ED. its a insane boost for single target dmg for your build and a totem to cast wither. Boss's om t15 maps die in a few seconds then.

I was thinking the same thing, but I only have a 5L so instead of running with both I'd gem swap for bosses.

They're not the same color, but the color combos work out reasonably:

3G 1R 1B = Blade vortex + void manipulation + rapid decay + increased duration + increased AoE

3G 1R 1B = Slower projectiles + void manipulation + rapid decay + empower + essence drain

Swapping 3 gems is irritating, but that would be pretty solid boss damage. Sadly I don't have a leveled empower yet. Be nice to get controlled destruction in there since the multiplier is so big, but not really a way to make it work color wise on a 5L and still be good for blade vortex.

this is what i run at the moment, on uber izaro i swapped in empower and destruction (doubled ED's dmg)

i am still not sure what vortex gem setup there do the most dmg for decay, i must say that in t8+ maps decay starts to slow to much down :S
"
Nisseonbeer wrote:
i am still not sure what vortex gem setup there do the most dmg for decay, i must say that in t8+ maps decay starts to slow to much down :S

Slow down too much? My guy is only level 76 right now, doesn't have all her damage nodes yet, etc, but I'm still running full speed through T8s. Remember the decay lasts a really long time, you don't have to be there to see them pop (though with white monsters they still pop right away for me).

Are you running witchfire brew? That's a big damage contributor.

Bosses and essence bosses can take a bit, but that part is expected. I haven't started swapping in essence drain yet ('cause I'm lazy), bosses aren't taking too long with just decay and wither totem.
I'm running a bow with an ED decay setup and BV on a 3 link setup on chest (thought on doing it on the wand but I like having the bv while I use ED) with void manipulation and increase AOE. Doing T12 maps with 0 problems just run past packs, they don't hit you, explode a second later. Having ton's of fun with it.

Last edited by Draconianpr on Oct 3, 2016, 1:30:58 PM
Too bad Doedre's Elixir doesn't work with CI for a CwDT setup. Not having to cast BV manually would be so awesome.
LUL
Yea, playing this now in hc , single target against map bosses and essence mobs is a pain, what do.
Hi, I'm doing this build and I was pretty lucky when I enchanted my wand (bought an ilvl 100 for that) with an Essence of Delirium because it has +48% fire resistance :)
(this is just a forum account for me, I play on Steam and somehow can't login on here)
I only have the gloves, chalice, witchfire brew, obliteration wand and a good decay wand so far that matches your build, the rest isn't really optimalized yet.
The flasks help a lot (I use a Granite, Chalice and Witchfire Brew every large monster group I run through doing one group at a time usually) which allows me to do tier 10 and 11 already while being level 77 (I did alch them though to get the Atlas bonus which made me die a few times).

My decay wand:
Spoiler
Rarity: Rare
Rift Bite
Demon's Horn
--------
Wand
Quality: +20% (augmented)
Physical Damage: 75-144 (augmented)
Elemental Damage: 1-6 (augmented)
Critical Strike Chance: 8.00%
Attacks per Second: 1.20
--------
Requirements:
Level: 67
Str: 142
Int: 179
--------
Sockets: R-G-B
--------
Item Level: 100
--------
35% increased Spell Damage
--------
101% increased Physical Damage
Adds 8 to 17 Physical Damage
Adds 1 to 6 Lightning Damage
40% increased Critical Strike Chance for Spells
+48% to Fire Resistance
Your Hits inflict Decay, dealing 1000 Chaos Damage per second for 10 seconds
Hi there!
I don´t know if that is a "noob question":
but does X % increased chaos damage on amulets / jewels influence the total damage of decay / poison on that build?
hi, can you put leveling tree guide pls?
"
Tobi123Tobs wrote:
Hi there!
I don´t know if that is a "noob question":
but does X % increased chaos damage on amulets / jewels influence the total damage of decay / poison on that build?

I'm pretty sure it does.

EDIT: I prefer not to level up my blade vortex because if I do that then the mana costs for it go up and I don't have the mana pool for it, I rather use 2/3 blades and run through the monster groups.
What should I replace Poison Support with then (since it scales with phys+chaos damage)?
And can you please upload a video of you doing the more difficult bosses?
I can't manage to do them sadly so I suspect it's my playstyle that sucks and that yours works way better.

I'm level 88 currently, I've sent a friend request to you which I hope you're okay with and accept it so maybe we could discuss it a little in game.
Last edited by Tormented_Spirit on Oct 29, 2016, 7:56:22 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info