We need reliable melee character, new life based system !

Just a random idea that I got :

Keystone : Tenacity
If a hit would inflict more than 50% of your life and kill you, it leaves you at 5% health instead.
You cannot deal any damage for 5 seconds after Tenacity has been triggered.
You have no energy shield for 5 seconds after Tenacity has been triggered
Cooldown : 30 seconds

It would probably need another drawback, but haven't though about it much so I'm just throwing it like this.
SSF is not and will never be a standard for balance, it is not for people entitled to getting more without trading.
"

If a hit would inflict more than 50% of your life and kill you, it leaves you at 5% health instead.

It would probably need another drawback, but haven't though about it much so I'm just throwing it like this.

you should copypast D3 passives better lol
rus/en, GMT+4
"
HoloPaladin wrote:
you should copypast D3 passives better lol

Havent' played D3.
Ony plaed D1 :<
SSF is not and will never be a standard for balance, it is not for people entitled to getting more without trading.
Last edited by Fruz on Sep 27, 2016, 3:07:37 AM
"
Fruz wrote:

Fixing hp vs ES with one Keystone isn't way to go. :V Just like buffing Kaom's Heart isn't. It needs mechanical changes.
Real knowledge is to know the extent of one's ignorance.
Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.
https://joeduncan123.imgur.com
https://joeduncan1234.imgur.com
"
Perq wrote:

Conduits+Essences is death sentence. :P Unless you have 15k pool, and instantly leech to the full. Then maybe you can survive that.

I believe, 10-12k will be more than enough (with fortify, enfeeble, AA). But how life character is supposed to get that?

"
Perq wrote:

Fixing hp vs ES with one Keystone isn't way to go. :V Just like buffing Kaom's Heart isn't. It needs mechanical changes.

True. There MUST be mechanical or itemization (more life mods on gear, item bases with life instead of armour/eva/es, etc) changes.
IGN: MortalKombat
Molten Strike build guide: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1346504

There is no knowledge
That is not power
Last edited by MortalKombat3 on Sep 27, 2016, 6:14:14 AM
actually played quite a lot with chieftan indirect damage. survival is pretty ok. but now thinking it will be FAR more viable doing acuity/shavs/life reserved/pa base with totem leech crit totem. or acuity/ci even for less damage/more survival/simplier gearing. indirect damage with taunting totems is still too good. life well you just cant get nuff w/o legacy kaoms really.
I never pretended that one keystone would fix the whole problem of course, it is just one idea that could be part of a global buff regarding life chars.
I keep hoping they add some defensive buffs to melee weapon specific nodes. At this point, it seems unlikely though.
"
M4X1MU5_300 wrote:
Hi everyone,

[...]

I play in standard

[...]

I've designed something with 6K life, and 90% estimated physical damage reduction with no flasks or determination aura activated. And i just got obliterated 2 times in a T13 "High Garden" map.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Anyway, all i wanted to show here is Life is just too bad when we have ES, armour as always just been useless.

I don't know how you play, but since you're in standard, I assume it's very careless.

You obviously can't just run into any enemy like a headless chicken, expecting to be able to face-tank everything.

That will get you killed, even with 90% physical mitigation and ~6k Life.

The way I see it, playing a life-based character usually gives you the option of acquiring a high amounts of physical mitigation as well, which drastically increases your effective life-pool.

I might be wrong, since I have never played any kind of ES-based character, but I believe it's not really possible for purely ES based character to stack armor in order to get a high amount of physical mitigation, which is why they in return have a huge amount of ES to compensate.

Simply judging the difference in "numbers" between Life and ES is not enough, you have to factor in mechanics life physical mitigation, life regeneration, Fortify and so on.

Armor and life are by no means useless, they simply require a different play-style.

You need to know enemy mechanics, you need to know when you can simply charge into enemies and when you can't, when you have to play a bit more careful etc. - I assume those factors aren't exactly high on the list for standard players, but if you ignore them, you obviously will have a hard time.

That is however no reason to complain about it on the forums, just because you're not used to play this way.

I've seen a lot of ES based characters get one-shot to high physical attacks, even with numbers of 10k+ ES, attacks that I could (sometimes quite easily) withstand with my meager 6k Life and 90% Physical mitigation - odd, huh ?
Last edited by Jankalor on Sep 27, 2016, 6:33:26 PM
Once you reach a certain amount of tankiness, you need to greatly pay attention to Elemental Degen as those are the most dangerous thing you'll face outside big telegraphed elemental attacks. I used to be really scared of Torture Chamber and High Garden bosses but then I learned to play around their degen and now those a pretty easy to do but you'll NEVER be able to facetank them with less than 2k life regen.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info