We need reliable melee character, new life based system !

"
IceDeal wrote:
Once you reach a certain amount of tankiness, you need to greatly pay attention to Elemental Degen as those are the most dangerous thing you'll face outside big telegraphed elemental attacks. I used to be really scared of Torture Chamber and High Garden bosses but then I learned to play around their degen and now those a pretty easy to do but you'll NEVER be able to facetank them with less than 2k life regen.

True, that's what I ment by being familiar with certain mechanics.

I wouldn't be surprised if the OP just stood inside the beams, which the High Gardens Boss summons - it would certainly fit the description of being "obliterated".
"
Jankalor wrote:

I wouldn't be surprised if the OP just stood inside the beams, which the High Gardens Boss summons - it would certainly fit the description of being "obliterated".

Those beams are actually pretty easy to dodge, Torture Chamber and Plaza bosses beams of death are way more difficult as you need to break line of sight.
"
IceDeal wrote:
"
Jankalor wrote:

Those beams are actually pretty easy to dodge, Torture Chamber and Plaza bosses beams of death are way more difficult as you need to break line of sight.

Of course they are.

The point I was trying to make is, if you ignore mechanics, which you're supposed to avoid as much as you can, then you will inevitabely have a horrible time, especially as a melee based character.

You can't blame the Life / Armor / Melee system for it though - only yourself.
Boosting base HP and adding some flat HP to nodes/jewels would go a long way, it's very difficult to get high enough to survive amounts right now.
Each mitigation type has it's weaknesses
Armor: Elemental/Big hits
Evasion: Spells
Energy Shield: Chaos no leech no regeneration

The thing is energy shield has two unique items and a keystone that remove it's drawback, while armor is stuck with the drawback, and evasion is just sort of bad. It's also easy enough to mitigate physical damage with arctic armor and endurance charges, and those are flat mitigation meaning that it's always reliable.

This makes energy shield just a better choice almost all the time.
"
j33bus wrote:
Each mitigation type has it's weaknesses
Armor: Elemental/Big hits
Evasion: Spells
Energy Shield: Chaos no leech no regeneration

The thing is energy shield has two unique items and a keystone that remove it's drawback, while armor is stuck with the drawback, and evasion is just sort of bad. It's also easy enough to mitigate physical damage with arctic armor and endurance charges, and those are flat mitigation meaning that it's always reliable.

This makes energy shield just a better choice almost all the time.

Lol all time? Of course it's all time BECAUSE things HIT TOO FUCKING HARD.
Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr
Last edited by Coconutdoggy on Sep 27, 2016, 11:47:39 PM
IGN: Standard League - Dark_Captain
^
I know that some people don't realise that the point of "this is a buff" from the patchnote was to create an actual meme/joke ( maybe to make people talk about something while waiting for the actual rework ? idk ).

However, if you could link a source where Chris said "melee is fine" .....
SSF is not and will never be a standard for balance, it is not for people entitled to getting more without trading.
"
Fruz wrote:
^
I know that some people don't realise that the point of "this is a buff" from the patchnote was to create an actual meme/joke ( maybe to make people talk about something while waiting for the actual rework ? idk ).

However, if you could link a source where Chris said "melee is fine" .....

it's a joke mate
IGN: Standard League - Dark_Captain
"
LOL GIVE IT TO LIFE BASED When they will DIE just as fast as a CI user without VP like I really really fucking don't think you have any experience in doing high end content right now it's actually pisses me off because you say shit without experience.

"High-end content" has degenerated into elitist one-shot face-roll clear-speed crack. To hell with 15K ES, 100K DPS, and pay-to-play red maps. It is a racket that caters to the rich and corrupted.

Melee is the only honest challenge left in this game.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info