[2.5] The FireFly (Burning HoT - insane damage)

what were you bandit options, not sure if i missed them or you forgot to include them? also what order would you use your ascendancy points in (i assume you grab beacon of ruin before mastermind of discord)?

thanks
I thought about another budget idea.

A 30% more elemental damage helmet with the increased herald of thunder lab enchant. Just got an essence of horror, so I bought a ilvl 84 hubris with the lab enchant and slapped it on. Gave me quite a good damage increase. I know the horror helmet is mentioned already - but yeah. GL budget farmers! :)
www.poeurl.com/NVp

I thinking about running that passive tree with heretic veil and shav for low life build. Tri curse would be possible with 12% mana reduction nodes: HOT 42.35% mana, 2 curses in Heretic veil with enlighten 50% mana, and 3rd curse with lv20 bloodmagic support to proc LL pain attunement for 30% spell damage boost for VRF.

Edit: LOL jk just checked the price of +1 curse amulet
Last edited by munzta on Oct 6, 2016, 3:26:41 AM
For the non Grand Spectrum build you recommend jewels with fire and cold damage on them. Wouldnt Fire and lightning be better though? Cold damage increases only scale the half hit by HoT that was converted with Call of the Brotherhood, whereas lightning increases scale the whole hit. Or am i missing something obvious.

Really enjoy the build. I had an HoT HoI elementalist in Prophecy league before the Ascendancy change, and after he ripped I respec'd him to full fire prolif to test the idea in standard.
@BHOH - Bandits - 3 skill points

@Lambi - thanks for pointing that out. It was a big typo. You are correct and the ideal jewel should be lightning - fire - increased damage.

I have updated the guide appropriately. It seems like a few people have taken the opportunity to test out a low life shavs version. Would love to see a video if someone has one =D
Main characters: Deep_water - AnomaIy - Artica
Build guides: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1602863
Last edited by DreamScythe on Oct 5, 2016, 11:29:40 PM
This is wild. I've never seen HoT do so much damage. Grats on making this build. It's quite unique.
Thanks mate!
got super lucky, bought
and divined it once to perfection.

I will probably try it out until I can get the same enchant on ylfebans. I just really like Ylfebans for the shock.

So I really starting to get the hang of the build mechanics, flying through all maps tearing mobs apart in no time. Managed to squeeze in a 11th jewel. Did a couple of t16 maps as well, trash is easy but the guardians just have to much hp, it goes 2 slow and some have imunities as well. Tried 6-linked Vaal RF on the Hydra and got her down 1 3rd of the life in 1 shot, was hoping to oneshot. Don't know if that is possible without crit, had 19% crit chance. This needs more testing.

So in my experience the build is great, the cons as I feel it is for now: low mana regen and cast speed. High mana cost of skills. Low crit chance. Low dex makes some gems unusable on high levels. Low movespeed without Onslaught active. Relatively low Es pool - have 9k now, doesn't feel like going lower.
Immune to ele ailment maps suck. I havent tried ele reflect maps yet, the may be manageable by solely depending on flasks to trigger HoT - this means disabling CWDT combos.

All in all I'm having a blast, the mobility aspect really makes it fun as it's just to run around and kill shit without much skill spamming.

Most interesting improvement would be to get more damage against single targets/bosses. This means finding a bankers way to get Elemental Overload active (critting) and getting more damage generally.
One obvious way is to get more jewels of course but I doubt it is possible to have more than 12 on level 100. Another is low-life, but then the es pool will suffer a lot, and it's already low.

Current gear and setups.

Spoiler
Kitty's Guide On Post Formatting - view-thread/1913874
Last edited by Dkodr on Oct 8, 2016, 1:53:33 PM
Yea, it definitely has its limitations. Status immune maps are pretty much not possible to do. I am actually liking my 6l molten shell setup (Hits for 80k-130k). If it explodes on a boss, they pretty much die instantly. Though this would not be the case for guardians.

As for Overload, I seem to have no problems at all setting it up. If you dont mind being a little more reckless, use ball lightning in the cwdt setup. The more you ignite, the more you cast, the more u proc overload.

Have you tried using 'The Retch' belt for 15% additional movement speed? you can also get another 5% from corrupting the amulet.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info