[2.5] The FireFly (Burning HoT - insane damage)

"
ZePample wrote:
Why not use a "more elemental damage" on the helmet and put your HoT there ?

That can work fine too.
Main characters: Deep_water - AnomaIy - Artica
Build guides: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1602863
If I understand this build correctly it could work w/o the helm right ?

If I won't have HoT active, just use a lighting skill with innervate to shock the weakest and easily to kill mob so I could start the HoT activation then run like hell !!!

I'm tempted to make a build like this, it looks fun !:D

But I have some questions:

1) Planing on levelling a witch with arc skill with will make me feel like a caterpillar... so at witch level should I use my cocoon and step into the world as a beautiful FireFly ?!
Spoiler
I think that whould be around lvl 55-60 when I do the Cruel Lab to unlock Beacon of Ruin ? or I could start soon after normal lab, get Conflux and use a proliferation gem ?!

2) Let's just say I'm fighting a nasty boss(shaper for example) and there are no minions left to shock to activate my HoT and my Jar is out of charges .... should I keep some lotion at hand or do I have a way out of that mess ?!
Spoiler
Whould it be wise to prepare more Jar flasks for suck bosses ?

Regards, Infinity !
Long Live the Templars !!!!
ideally it is nice to have either a vinktar, or the helm to supplement elemental conflux. Innervate is not used to shock enemies, it is used for the movement speed bonus when you kill an enemy. To activate HoT, you need to cast arc when either elemental conflux (shock, or all 3) is active.

I believe it cycles through cold, then shock, then fire, then all 3, so it requires good timing.

As for long boss fights (I will at some point attempt a shaper run), you gotta plan for the fight. For shaper, I would probably consider running 3-4 worm flasks and an adrenaline flask of heat.

Okay, I did my first shaper attempt with this build. Died to stupid things and carelessness. Got shaper to about 30% hp before having to switch to my main to kill him.

Heres the pros and cons.

Pros:
- Can move while dealing damage to shaper - this means you can have 10+ balls (insert gay reference here) following u around.

- can dodge all of his attacks quite easily

- 3 worms flasks is enough to sustain for whole fight

- There is no soft enrage since we can manage the vortex's quite easily.

Cons:

-Zana generally dies from his minions
-surviving bullet hell without zana requires luck. (though the safest place is at the bottom right where there is a small ledge).
-Requires a lot of skill to dodge shaper, manage the vortex balls, and maintain HoT uptime.
Last edited by DreamScythe on Sep 29, 2016, 11:47:47 PM
So I am starting to get use to the builds mechanichs, been doing up to t14 maps with not really any problems. The timing aspect to keep HOT active is somthing to get used to. Hall of Grandmasters went like a breeze also. I die somtimes to my own ignite when facing big packs that activate all the cwdt-spells, seems its better to stay at the edges of mobs than going full bananas, even if that is alot more fun. The critting aspect to activate Elemental Overload is somethinmg I dont have much control over,
I use Orb of Storms linked with inc.crit on my RF Totem build, I use it mainly against bosses that needs to be taken down quickly. Could be and idea here too, maxing the potential damage output is worth looking into, vs bosses like the Guardians and Shaper. I feel there is alot of room for testing different stuff in the helmet and body armour sockets, I will post here if I get any good ideas thats working. Here is my current gear , same skilltree as in the first post.

Spoiler
Kitty's Guide On Post Formatting - view-thread/1913874
hey, looks pretty good man!

I have found a few tricks that can help with certain things.

1) Vinktar is great when you get tired ad just want to run through a map without monitoring the conflux meter.

2) decoy totem works great for tough bosses, and possibly even shaper!

3) If ball lightning is killing you vs large packs, try arctic breath. It has the chilled ground which can be usefull. Save ball lightning for bosses so that it can proc overload.

Definately open to suggestions on using the gem sockets. I am trying to get +1 curses corrupted neck, and if I do ill probably run coh ele weakness with arc.
Just wondering, how do you have 135% ignite chance? I'm seeing on your gear and passives, you get 19% from gear, and 16% from passives, totaling for 35% ignite? Am I missing something? You don't use inc burning chance, so what is the trick? :P
Last edited by memidgety on Sep 30, 2016, 3:04:16 AM
oh that might be from pendulum of destruction
That you are correct. I forgot it gives chill, not freeze chance. The 111% shock chance threw me off. "What gives ignite, shock... but no cold ailment?" Thanks

So my second question comes in, how is the reliability of igniting things? Should I look into getting more ignite passives, or perhaps running an increased chance to ignite gem?

P.S. I'm making a budget build, so wish me luck boyyos.
"
memidgety wrote:
That you are correct. I forgot it gives chill, not freeze chance. The 111% shock chance threw me off. "What gives ignite, shock... but no cold ailment?" Thanks

So my second question comes in, how is the reliability of igniting things? Should I look into getting more ignite passives, or perhaps running an increased chance to ignite gem?

P.S. I'm making a budget build, so wish me luck boyyos.

well, as long as u get eye of innocence + mokuo's embrace, theres 20% ignite right there. 10% from witch passives, and 6% from elementalist.

Now throw in flamability blasphemy, and you are up to 49% chance to ignite. I wouldnt invest more than that into ignite chance.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info