New Meta with Support Guardian 30k+ ES (Really GGG?)

"

What is the difference with other things GGG has coded to run a 'check' on players' characters? You laugh like such a system is so beyond GGG's capabilities when you would be very wrong, especially when you consider the fact the engine itself is constantly being improved to unlock more possibilities.

So tell me, do you have a better idea? *listening*

Idea is simple. Nerf Guardian, nerf curses, increase HP scaling in party to ~80-90% per party member, add ~10% dmg increase per party member.

Right now gameplay in good party with few dps and a support is annihilation of red maps with any rolls on it. Monster HP doesn't scale good enough with party members which results into huge overkill, while support makes party defences overscale content damage output and that combined removes most challenges from routine farm like it used to be and still is in solo, where you can get oneshoted at any moment.

This is not healthy for APRG when there's such huge gap between solo and party play. I know another game with the same problem that is dying right now called Diablo 3, where you litterally can't do anything without full party and 2-3 supports in it. Do you want Path of Exile to become the same? I don't wanna see my favourity RPG to get ruined like that!
"
chistor_ wrote:
"

What is the difference with other things GGG has coded to run a 'check' on players' characters? You laugh like such a system is so beyond GGG's capabilities when you would be very wrong, especially when you consider the fact the engine itself is constantly being improved to unlock more possibilities.

So tell me, do you have a better idea? *listening*

Idea is simple. Nerf Guardian, nerf curses, increase HP scaling in party to ~80-90% per party member, add ~10% dmg increase per party member.

Right now gameplay in good party with few dps and a support is annihilation of red maps with any rolls on it. Monster HP doesn't scale good enough with party members which results into huge overkill, while support makes party defences overscale content damage output and that combined removes most challenges from routine farm like it used to be and still is in solo, where you can get oneshoted at any moment.

This is not healthy for APRG when there's such huge gap between solo and party play. I know another game with the same problem that is dying right now called Diablo 3, where you litterally can't do anything without full party and 2-3 supports in it. Do you want Path of Exile to become the same? I don't wanna see my favourity RPG to get ruined like that!

Well, it is a good thing that you aren't part of the balancing team. What kind of crap balance is this? There are very few people playing Guardian and you want to nerf it further? Is this a serious statement?

For your information, team play is meant to be stronger than solo play. They even have passives in Tree and Ascendancy, and also skill gems that are meant for team play. It is beyond me why you would think otherwise.
"
Starxsword wrote:

Well, it is a good thing that you aren't part of the balancing team. What kind of crap balance is this? There are very few people playing Guardian and you want to nerf it further? Is this a serious statement?

For your information, team play is meant to be stronger than solo play. They even have passives in Tree and Ascendancy, and also skill gems that are meant for team play. It is beyond me why you would think otherwise.

Team is meant to be stronger right, but the gap has to be smaller, with those changes team play with still be more effective than solo. Just not as rediculously easy as it is right now.
"
chistor_ wrote:

Why do you have such a big thing about Guardian?

Anyone who's played Extensively with supports knows that Full curse supports are more effective.

As a Guardian player, playing the ascendancy that is literally built to be a support. It feels disheartening that my Ascendancy is not the most effective support.
Not a big fan of full suport builds, they are basicaly buff bots wich are only good fot botters or racers.

Guardian could use a few changed so it could work as both, a suport and as an independant clase.

For instance reducing a bit the armor/es given to allys but with added "increased effect of buffs on you",

Or even better reduce a bit the armor/es buff and change time of need into a self buff based on missing life
self found league fan

http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/324242/page/1

Supporter Classes shoud not be removed or nerfed may just adjusted to help partys with curses and auras but a limited amount giving more quant and rarity movespeed and charges stuff for utility. Buff bots are very strong and provide to much benefits for partys what pretty much ruins the experience for playes who play solo.

Possible way increasing the lifepool of monsters by a certain amount to make the benefits you get not useless, but less effiecent in therms of clearspeed.

Another idea is to let especialy bosses to % based dmg in that case it you would have a slight bit more mitigation trough elemental resist of pol pof poc evasion and the good stuff, but if a boss hits you for 70% of your "liferescource bar" doesnt matter if es or life you wont survive a 2nd hit your buffer to recover would be just a bit bigger and still provite mitigation against normal enemys.

The way how armor works needs a rework in my oppinion. Physical dmg is currently the way to go other options are viable and still good, but in the end physical dmg rolls over the game.

Ingame: Snoxz

My Shop: http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/245436
"
Xtreemer wrote:
Supporter Classes shoud not be removed or nerfed may just adjusted to help partys with curses and auras but a limited amount giving more quant and rarity movespeed and charges stuff for utility. Buff bots are very strong and provide to much benefits for partys what pretty much ruins the experience for playes who play solo.

Possible way increasing the lifepool of monsters by a certain amount to make the benefits you get not useless, but less effiecent in therms of clearspeed.

Another idea is to let especialy bosses to % based dmg in that case it you would have a slight bit more mitigation trough elemental resist of pol pof poc evasion and the good stuff, but if a boss hits you for 70% of your "liferescource bar" doesnt matter if es or life you wont survive a 2nd hit your buffer to recover would be just a bit bigger and still provite mitigation against normal enemys.

The way how armor works needs a rework in my oppinion. Physical dmg is currently the way to go other options are viable and still good, but in the end physical dmg rolls over the game.

I agree with increasement for party monsters life pool. True damage mechanic for bosses it actually great idea in some way at least for some of their skills. Same with physical damage. Right now the best way to survive is to not get hit, instead of mitigating incoming damage and while this system is present melee will never be as viable as non-contact builds.
"
Path of Exile has always been solo friendly game

It was always more efficient to have group of friends that help each other.
"Is there such a thing as an absolute, timeless enemy? There is no such thing, and never has been. And the reason
is that our enemies are human beings like us. They can only be our enemies in relative terms."
Don't nerf mah 2 million EHP duo !

*sigh*
If you can't solo farm/faceroll the game faster than groups then you may as well uninstall the game because you're wasting your time and your build is shit. But you know, you can always rant in the forums about the "builds" of the group you just witnessed to cover it all up.
"Get rich or die grinding"

Lvl 100 Ascendant - RadioactiveSago: HIGHEST KB tooltiplordz in all of PoE (view-thread/1636451)
Lvl 100 Assassin - Chonkeyy: Omnislasher 2 mil DPS Flicker Build (view-thread/1571744)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info